Status
Not open for further replies.

swatson

Draftee
Nov 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Re: Picola & District North West 2011 Thread

Brett Napier has signed up and will return to Blighty this season, handy pick up for them.
the improvement in blighty last year and the new recruits they have picked up wouldn't be surprised if they went all the way this year. that's who i will be tipping anyways.

Brett Napier has signed up and will return to Blighty this season, handy pick up for them.

Really? Parsons said he was going around again with the rams???

Really? Parsons said he was going around again with the rams???

Yes he WANTED them to follow. Good way to start would be talking to them about playing out there....

Some people on here :rolleyes: What you have heard is horse sh1t. Besides from Lumbar and Close that everyone around Deni already know of!!!!!

All this sh.t about the young Deni super stars should stop now. Please that is going out to everyone. There are about 2 unsure atm. But the rest are locked in.. End Of Story!

U sound surprised snake?? This is why footy rumours/talk have to happen because its interesting to see who knows what??

Have heard that napier may not be the only 1 also?? & i'm not trying to upset u there either snake just stating what i've heard!! Time will tell....

A disrespectful 20 something year old, just at a guess, with no concept of fine wine and footballers! ;)

Can someone confirm re; Jack Yelland. I know he was trialling for Bushies but I didn't think the final squad would have been announced yet. Don't think its fair on the young fella if we start saying he is in prior to anything official is all.

Sorry there WILTY, I dont mean to put unnecessary pressure on the young kid, probably more on the bushies selection squad if anything!! The kid is guna be a genuine gun, ready made senior footballer & if not picked the selectors need to have a good hard look at themselves! I think if he puts his head down & bum up he could have a very successful footy career (also not trying to put undue pressure on him, just my honest opinion of the lad):thumbsu:

Hi All, just to get a little off track from all this player talk, does any club on here use the "Teamer" website??
Just would like to know if its worth setting up??

U sound surprised snake?? This is why footy rumours/talk have to happen because its interesting to see who knows what??

Have heard that napier may not be the only 1 also?? & i'm not trying to upset u there either snake just stating what i've heard!! Time will tell....

Napier was always one that no-one ever really had a clear picture on his future at the club. When it waqs reported in the local paper by Parsons him self i and everyone thought he was staying... Ands with regards to my last post. i was more talking about the younger players. and like i said 2 may be leaving....

Napier was always one that no-one ever really had a clear picture on his future at the club. When it waqs reported in the local paper by Parsons him self i and everyone thought he was staying... Ands with regards to my last post. i was more talking about the younger players. and like i said 2 may be leaving....

Yeah cheers snake, not having a dig at u whatsoever, just more refering to the norm of pre season & sitting back reading what some posters say then what players do? Some get it right & some get it wrong (sometimes wrong because a player changes his mind) & there is nothing wrong with that beacuse it's usually just posters stating what they've heard or seen but thats the beauty of this forum, you can get much more information on here then out of your local paper!! :thumbsu:

Yeah cheers snake, not having a dig at u whatsoever, just more refering to the norm of pre season & sitting back reading what some posters say then what players do? Some get it right & some get it wrong (sometimes wrong because a player changes his mind) & there is nothing wrong with that beacuse it's usually just posters stating what they've heard or seen but thats the beauty of this forum, you can get much more information on here then out of your local paper!! :thumbsu:

Shepp east v Blighty sun 1st april

should be a cracker by the sounds of it both have recruited well:thumbsu:

Shepp east v Blighty sun 1st april

should be a cracker by the sounds of it both have recruited well:thumbsu:

Out of interest is that just for senior grade of footy?

Always thought with a practice day like that, just before season starts, good idea to put all grades through a game. Good opportunity to train volunteer goal umpires, field umpires in junior grades, timekeepers etc.

Yeah wash that's at ur ground right? Should be a good hit out & good 2 see how both clubs fair from their pre season pick ups? I personally think more clubs from NW & SE leagues should play each other in as many praccy matches as possible 2 bring back a few lost rivalries etc & 2 see how the leagues are comparing 2 each other??

& yeah from what I've heard WILTY its all grades of both footy & netty??

Yeah wash that's at ur ground right? Should be a good hit out & good 2 see how both clubs fair from their pre season pick ups? I personally think more clubs from NW & SE leagues should play each other in as many praccy matches as possible 2 bring back a few lost rivalries etc & 2 see how the leagues are comparing 2 each other??

& yeah from what I've heard WILTY its all grades of both footy & netty??

Yeh mover it is at shepp east on sunday the 1st april!! Think blighty have a few cricketers that are doing well and wouldnt have been availiable on the saturday and im sure with it been the last praccy match before round 1 both sides would want to be full strength!!
all grades of footy and netball will be on:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

& yeah from what I've heard WILTY its all grades of both footy & netty??[/QUOTE
Thanks Smooth glad they did go with netball as well. i agree with more praccy matches between the two. Be fairly easy to organise really. Pick a weekend and you play the club that finished in same position on ladder previous season. Rotate hosting club by league eg SE this year NW the next. Maybe this one will get the ball rolling.

Thanks Smooth glad they did go with netball as well. i agree with more praccy matches between the two. Be fairly easy to organise really. Pick a weekend and you play the club that finished in same position on ladder previous season. Rotate hosting club by league eg SE this year NW the next. Maybe this one will get the ball rolling.

Yeah exactly WILTY, would be so easy for this 2 happen & keep some sort of connection with old sparring partners :thumbsu:

Yeh mover it is at shepp east on sunday the 1st april!! Think blighty have a few cricketers that are doing well and wouldnt have been availiable on the saturday and im sure with it been the last praccy match before round 1 both sides would want to be full strength!!
all grades of footy and netball will be on:thumbsu:

Sounds good wash, should be good to watch all round! :thumbsu:

Yeah exactly WILTY, would be so easy for this 2 happen & keep some sort of connection with old sparring partners :thumbsu:

Perhaps it could be something to do for 2013 preseason. Schedule games two weeks before season starts. Premiers vs premiers. Runner up vs runner up, etc. Would give a snapshot on how the leagues are travelling.

Perhaps it could be something to do for 2013 preseason. Schedule games two weeks before season starts. Premiers vs premiers. Runner up vs runner up, etc. Would give a snapshot on how the leagues are travelling.

Again I totally agree with that also flag, would be good 2 see some sort of continued connection between the 2 leagues even if it is only pre season praccy matches!! Who's the voice 2 get this proposal goin?? Maybe old mate "ROAR"?? :thumbsu:

Again I totally agree with that also flag, would be good 2 see some sort of continued connection between the 2 leagues even if it is only pre season praccy matches!! Who's the voice 2 get this proposal goin?? Maybe old mate "ROAR"?? :thumbsu:

Blighty & Shepp East would be in best position to get this going. League delegates from each could bring it up at a meeting and go from there, just one option.

Can I add the suggestion that it could be a charity day, maybe a gate fee with all proceeds to nominated charity. Would like to keep this a good will, friendly rivalry day NOT a chest beating we are the best league type day.

What about a two day day / night extravaganza , with all proceeds going to junior development .
All 16 sides playing , all sides playing , two footy games going at one time .
1st SE - 1st NW from previous year etc etc , although with sides changing often between seasons, may see some indifferent results .
Would however require a venue with two grounds and suitable lighting .

What about a two day day / night extravaganza , with all proceeds going to junior development .
All 16 sides playing , all sides playing , two footy games going at one time .
1st SE - 1st NW from previous year etc etc , although with sides changing often between seasons, may see some indifferent results .
Would however require a venue with two grounds and suitable lighting .

Neally spot on.
Firstly the PDFL should make it compulsory. Play it over 2 weekends playing both saturday and sunday. Need a venue with 2 grounds and have 4 games a day per ground. Over the 2 weeks each team will get in 2 games. Juniors on one ground and seniors on the other. All day games. Start as early as possible. Could be good for the interleague selectors to get an early look at every player in the league over one weekend. The Central Murray run their night series and make it compulsory with all monies raised divided up between the clubs (i think thats how it still works). It would be a huge money spinner, and everyone gets in a couple of games of footy.

The concept is spot on IMO. Only issue is that we be mindful of summer sports especially when including juniors.
Must be a way to work around that though?

So how's everyones pre season shaping up?? Getting good numbers on the track? & how's recruiting goin?? Only 1 week & clearances open up so guess we'll see soon how things are looking for the year ahead??

Ps all this talk bout praccy matches, who has who lined up??

Sttrathy just playing night series again and maybe looking for another praccy to polish the inside skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back