Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMFLShow

Rookie
Oct 17, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hear Katunga picked up some quality players. Any news on there front?

The Rumour mill talks all sorts of rubbish this time of year, however there is talk of up to 10 players leaving Congupna and heading to Katunga. It pleads an interesting question that, Katunga who have struggled in recent times have appointed a coach who struggled to get a senior Murray League game last year and has had commitment issues leading players in the past on the cricket front.

Katunga have lost some depth loosing some quality with the Kelly, Douglas x 2 and Spargo all leaving to play down melbourne way. Believe the only players sticking round are the Joinabee and Hodgkin brothers.

The money pot must be talking out at the swans.

Jan 21, 2007
home or work
AFL Club
Essendon
funny you say that when over half of your premiership side came from there! Must not have been a very good side with all the ex kdl players in there he he....

Nah see thats where your wrong warne1, some of Shepp East premiership players may have played in the kdl in the past but doesn't mean they "CAME" from the kdl.... To be precise they "CAME" from the gvfl went to the kdfl then to the pdfl! This is where people get confused! You "COME" from the league you originated or played most of your footy in, there's a difference....

sparra

All Australian
Nov 16, 2005
down a dirt track
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
country footy
Nah see thats where your wrong warne1, some of Shepp East premiership players may have played in the kdl in the past but doesn't mean they "CAME" from the kdl.... To be precise they "CAME" from the gvfl went to the kdfl then to the pdfl! This is where people get confused! You "COME" from the league you originated or played most of your footy in, there's a difference....
Where does Brad Lowe come from?

ramnuts

Senior List
Feb 3, 2010
Shepparton
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I fairly sure Lowey was in the leadership group if not captained Mooroopna a few years back and that to me says he is a fair player. The message I was trying to impart was these blokes who have not played major (GVL) league seniors have the gall to waltz out to the KDL & PFL and request such ridiculous coin.
With regard to the Eagles premiership, out of the 12 how many had played GVL 1's for a period of time??? Giveitawash might be able to help me out here:-
Start at the top - H.Best, J.Best, Ozzie, Fraps, Gillespie, Ralph, Palmy, Young played a few - not sure how many at Shepp, McKlusky (please confirm??)
Not sure on a couple of them. I'm sure I'll be corrected. And I'll tell you for free that none of these were getting anywhere near what the word is the boys out at Murch and VT are "supposedly" getting next year.
Anyway, this debate will go on for the ages, but in parting, maybe the KDL took a turn for the worst when we got all the good ones a few years back - Maso especially;)

Jan 21, 2007
home or work
AFL Club
Essendon
Where does Brad Lowe come from?
Yes he did so whats your point? He's arriving this year, the original question was about all the players leaving from this year! So if your going to ask a stupid question like that go back & re-read the posts 1st & make sure you have it right! As ramnuts said above all the players that are leaving this year majority played their juniors & early senior careers at a GVFL club may have then ventured out to district clubs from there....

giveitawash

Team Captain
Jan 4, 2007
shepparton
AFL Club
Collingwood
I fairly sure Lowey was in the leadership group if not captained Mooroopna a few years back and that to me says he is a fair player. The message I was trying to impart was these blokes who have not played major (GVL) league seniors have the gall to waltz out to the KDL & PFL and request such ridiculous coin.
With regard to the Eagles premiership, out of the 12 how many had played GVL 1's for a period of time??? Giveitawash might be able to help me out here:-
Start at the top - H.Best, J.Best, Ozzie, Fraps, Gillespie, Ralph, Palmy, Young played a few - not sure how many at Shepp, McKlusky (please confirm??)
Not sure on a couple of them. I'm sure I'll be corrected. And I'll tell you for free that none of these were getting anywhere near what the word is the boys out at Murch and VT are "supposedly" getting next year.
Anyway, this debate will go on for the ages, but in parting, maybe the KDL took a turn for the worst when we got all the good ones a few years back - Maso especially;)
well shepp east side of this year had ozzie 100+ at swans,j best 150+swans,H.best 100+ swans,R.frappell 50+ swans,j.rachele 200+swans,d.gillespie 80odd united,p.ralph 100+ united,d.oneil 100 betweens swans+ky,T.young 30-50 bears,T.palmer 80-100 united,J.palmer 80-100 united!!!! Id say going by that stat majority of there footy was gvl! Freo,hodgetts,maso,consistent kdl players the rest between 1-3 yrs

Jan 21, 2007
home or work
AFL Club
Essendon
well shepp east side of this year had ozzie 100+ at swans,j best 150+swans,H.best 100+ swans,R.frappell 50+ swans,j.rachele 200+swans,d.gillespie 80odd united,p.ralph 100+ united,d.oneil 100 betweens swans+ky,T.young 30-50 bears,T.palmer 80-100 united,J.palmer 80-100 united!!!! Id say going by that stat majority of there footy was gvl! Freo,hodgetts,maso,consistent kdl players the rest between 1-3 yrs

There you go boys case closed.... :thumbsu:

marcopolo

Senior List
Jan 15, 2012
shepparton
AFL Club
Sydney
from the outside looking in its clear the shepp east team just got lucky for 3 or 4 years with besty and his mates coming in and playing together so no point saying there full of kdl players with the stats above stating that... Might be good for another side to have a reign now....o_O:cool:

benny10

Rookie
Sep 29, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I must have played with a different brad lowe in the u16''s & 3rds at mooroopna then?!? ;)
Have a look on the KDFL website and look up games played! It has the games played record which will tell you brad lowe played 12 games for ardmona 3rds and kicked 21 goals!:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ramnuts

Senior List
Feb 3, 2010
Shepparton
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Rightio - time to move on!
Who is having pre chrissy runs / meet the coach nights etc etc?
Also, read on the MFL, that Tunga have landed a massive fish from the MFL? Muls FF I think. Can anyone confirm. Heard Strawhorn is making a move from Rennie this year to have a crack at a better standard. Geez I reckon he'll go alright with major league delivery - coz hes got hands of steel that bloke!
Has Ralphy & Maddison been confirmed at Kats/Dooks? If so, has Sam Ahmet got a gig anywhere as an assistant or other role - I had heard he was keen to coach, but if those positions are filled, then maybe he has settled for a behind the scene type role.

carefacta

Draftee
Nov 20, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
The guys returning to Shepp East from the KDFL are all former junior players at Shepp East. One isn’t getting paid and the other two are playing for next to nothing there are players on that list over the yrs who have been paid more than these guys who are ring ins to the club and have been useless – Coad, B.Mellington, A.Edwards, B.Foley, B.Jaques, M.Rachele, C.Cirrilio, M.Marchment and the list goes on. I don’t understand what this big thing is about the GV, It isn’t the AFL there are players playing seniors in town that have been out to the KD and PD and have been useless. Lowe wouldn’t have taken the job at Shepp East without these locals returning with him – that’s a fact! Get of their back ramnuts all these guys have played more footy at east then you have.

ramnuts

Senior List
Feb 3, 2010
Shepparton
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The guys returning to Shepp East from the KDFL are all former junior players at Shepp East. One isn’t getting paid and the other two are playing for next to nothing there are players on that list over the yrs who have been paid more than these guys who are ring ins to the club and have been useless – Coad, B.Mellington, A.Edwards, B.Foley, B.Jaques, M.Rachele, C.Cirrilio, M.Marchment and the list goes on. I don’t understand what this big thing is about the GV, It isn’t the AFL there are players playing seniors in town that have been out to the KD and PD and have been useless. Lowe wouldn’t have taken the job at Shepp East without these locals returning with him – that’s a fact! Get of their back ramnuts all these guys have played more footy at east then you have.

Carefacta, I suggest you are referring to theis post:

I am sure Dookie, Katandra, Tunga and Shepp East's spending would not even be in the same tax bracket as some KDL clubs. And for what? fair dinkum, some of the guys cammanding good $ from the KDL have tried the PDFL, be good players without dominating, headed out there and become somewhat 'elite' and now looking to re-enter the fray commanding payment for their services - give me a break!

Lets get one thing straight! I applaude Lowey being able to get these ex juniors back to the club as that was a key discussion point regarding the criteria in going forward as a club. No worries about that, the thing I don't understand is why/how KDL clubs can afford to pay these guys the $$$$'s they are said to be getting. (I can only go with what Im told) This causes the following issue - when it comes down to setting a budget on who you can and can't get to your club, it places strain on whether you spend $$'s to get these ex players back (i've never said it was big $$'s either) - coz they will require something. You can't expect them to move back for nothing if they are getting a cheque out there, or save your bucks and have a crack at others out there. People then shoot you for not trying to get the juniors back to the joint! So it doesn't matter what you do, people pot you for what you do no matter the result.
As for these guys playing more games out there then me, well done to them! I am just trying to help the club as I have been asked for my input into some things. I would say that I have been around a little and seen good and bad practices in different clubs. Ultimately I'm just trying to assist where I can for the best outcome for the club. If you think thats riding the backs of the guys that are returning than your entitled to your opinion. I have spoken to Lowey over the past few days and discussed the list he has put together so far - I don't have any problems with it. At the end of the day its his decision to recruit who and how he likes. We (the club and some committee) are there to support where needed and for him to bounce ideas off - so I don't know what the problem is!
BTW - don't mention it for the many hours spent and phone calls made over the past 3 months to try and help the club get a head start on next year. Lets hope all those returning will stay on after years of footy to do the behind the scene things that go unnoticed.
Also a bit harsh on Moose, Axle & Rattlesnake being duds - Moose and Axle are premiership players and Rattlesnake is a B & F winner - but thats the beauty of BF - everyone can voice their opinion:thumbsu:

Jan 21, 2007
home or work
AFL Club
Essendon

Yeah mate I'm pretty sure ramnuts best intentions are for Shepp East to stay at the top of their game so if your insinuating that he's having pot shots at the club & their recruiting stratergies I think if you got involved you'd be pleasantly surprised at how they approach evry season.... :thumbsu:

carefacta

Draftee
Nov 20, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
be good players without dominating, headed out there and become somewhat 'elite' and now looking to re-enter the fray commanding payment for their services - give me a break!
This is the comment that is pretty unfair to the guys returning, if the other guys I mentioned as well as guys like Bov & Mitch Moore are worth paying then the returning players should be looked after & not have to put up with comments like the above.
It doesn't really matter how much the KD are paying out these guys are coming back for next to nothing and haven't commanded anything they should be applauded for turning down big money to play for very little not put down over it. As for the dollars that gets paid in the KD its getting out of control for the 2013 season but Stanhope & Murch didn't pay anything like that last year.
We know how much work goes on behind the scenes and the guys who are coming back are the locals that want to build up something together at their home club, they're the guys that are worth $100 a game for years of service not just going out to Shepp East for money or short term success.

carefacta

Draftee
Nov 20, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah mate I'm pretty sure ramnuts best intentions are for Shepp East to stay at the top of their game so if your insinuating that he's having pot shots at the club & their recruiting stratergies I think if you got involved you'd be pleasantly surprised at how they approach evry season.... :thumbsu:

No doubt his best intentions are for the club but it's unfair to recruit someone as the coach then have a sly dig at the guys coming back who have been recruited by that coach. Just my opinion!

giveitawash

Team Captain
Jan 4, 2007
shepparton
AFL Club
Collingwood
be good players without dominating, headed out there and become somewhat 'elite' and now looking to re-enter the fray commanding payment for their services - give me a break!
This is the comment that is pretty unfair to the guys returning, if the other guys I mentioned as well as guys like Bov & Mitch Moore are worth paying then the returning players should be looked after & not have to put up with comments like the above.
It doesn't really matter how much the KD are paying out these guys are coming back for next to nothing and haven't commanded anything they should be applauded for turning down big money to play for very little not put down over it. As for the dollars that gets paid in the KD its getting out of control for the 2013 season but Stanhope & Murch didn't pay anything like that last year.
We know how much work goes on behind the scenes and the guys who are coming back are the locals that want to build up something together at their home club, they're the guys that are worth $100 a game for years of service not just going out to Shepp East for money or short term success.
haha mate the players coming back were offered coin to stay at shepp east a year or so ago but knocked it back as ''Quote" the money is to much to knock back at stanhope,murch... if they the LOCALS wanted to build something together they should have stopped whinging and put there bum up and trained harder to get the rewards!!

fencesitter

Debutant
Oct 26, 2007
Shepparton
AFL Club
Carlton
Did i miss some post's?? so who are the player's that have been recruited to Shepp East so far? i know for a fact many players have been spoken to but none have signed, the Aynsley's may have agreed to play but that is it...

warne1

Draftee
Nov 15, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did i miss some post's?? so who are the player's that have been recruited to Shepp East so far? i know for a fact many players have been spoken to but none have signed, the Aynsley's may have agreed to play but that is it...
hasn't Justin Williams signed on as assisstant coach? with Nick airs to follow?

carefacta

Draftee
Nov 20, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
haha mate the players coming back were offered coin to stay at shepp east a year or so ago but knocked it back as ''Quote" the money is to much to knock back at stanhope,murch... if they the LOCALS wanted to build something together they should have stopped whinging and put there bum up and trained harder to get the rewards!!

So the 5 former junior players who are looking at or have returned were all offered money in the last yr or so..? Dont think so mate

giveitawash

Team Captain
Jan 4, 2007
shepparton
AFL Club
Collingwood
So the 5 former junior players who are looking at or have returned were all offered money in the last yr or so..? Dont think so mate
Mate im sure you said the kdl players returning not the 3rds kids who went to the gv 3rds for a yr!! Work out what you are sayin mate hey!

carefacta

Draftee
Nov 20, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
The five kdfl guys are all former juniors arent they mate? Isnt that what makes them locals there? Im not talking about the guys in gv thirds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back