Picola District Football League, general thread mk II.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me gentlmen, Rennie are in. With all due respect to the football hierachy (and following a strong edict from them to all clubs on public comments), it would be improper to go into any more detail as to who said what ..... but they are in! I thought that the only issue (apart from the move being rubber stamped at the administration level) now in the PDFL was who goes into what comp? Please, correct me if I'm wrong on that bit.

I don't know if there is a problem with 2 sets of Grasshoppers in the PDFL. I think the issue in footy is whether the jumpers clash and in this case they don't at all. I will endeavour to locate a copy of Rennie's jumper and display it on here for you guys. I believe that both clubs have a vastly different looking grasshopper emblem as well. There was a similar situation this year for Rennie in the Hume League with Holbrook also being the hoppers, but also having different playing strips and emblems. It wasn't an issue.

Sorry that connection escaped me. Can anyone elaborate on his story and how he came to be playing down town instead of in the Bushrangers.

Sidebottom, Lowden & Wright all drafted from so called lesser leagues. That means we must be doing something right! Well done to all involved! Lets see them make it now!

Lowden played for Dookie from 2002 till end 2006, went to GVFL in 2007 as a 16yo, played Bushies 16's and was scholarshipped to Caulfield Grammar (same school as Jack Ziebell)and transferred to Sandringham Dragons TAC as it was close to the school.

just seen this on the kdfl site:

Shepparton East has added three Kyabram District Football League stars to its line-up to boost its squad for next Picola District Football League season. Dual premiership co-captain at Stanhope Jarrad Mason, Tallygaroopna best and fairest winner Ricky Frappell and former Tallygaroopna co-coach Robert Osborne will all play for the Eagles next year.

just seen this on the kdfl site:

Shepparton East has added three Kyabram District Football League stars to its line-up to boost its squad for next Picola District Football League season. Dual premiership co-captain at Stanhope Jarrad Mason, Tallygaroopna best and fairest winner Ricky Frappell and former Tallygaroopna co-coach Robert Osborne will all play for the Eagles next year.
Molisak who I'm pretty sure won the McNamara medal in 07 is rumoured to be joining them as well.
Mason has been rumoured to be leaving Stanhope quite often, is a good midfielder who has a bit of tow, has strong ties at Stanhope so would be surprised to see him depart there, although not sure of the connection if any to Shepp East, would be a good pick up for them if true.
Just viewed the KDFL board and appears it's in the Shepp News and a done deal with these 3 ??

anyone know who tunga have recruited so far? i kno guy chisnall has agreed to play but anyone else?
pretty sure they are headin back to back

hahaha
why wouldn't they try and get back to back?

Or are you trying to say that signing up Chisnall can only boost their chances of going back to back?

It will be intresting to see how long Tungamah's cash flow lasts. As per iwantanotherflags previous post stating that they tend to go down like the ASX after a big high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope that some of the boys named will play in the 2's you can only fit 21 in a team and it looks like they have picked up about 25. Shep East must be flashing a bit of cash around, what do the local boys think about all the new players

I hope that some of the boys named will play in the 2's you can only fit 21 in a team and it looks like they have picked up about 25. Shep East must be flashing a bit of cash around, what do the local boys think about all the new players
My thoughts exactualy. Have heard a wisper there are allready a few that arnt 2 happy with all the players coming into the club. Will be interesting to see how many of the tru locals get a game and if they dont see if they stick around. Can be a dangerous thing to a club pushing local boys out

Any news on Craig Thompson, is he off back to Katandra or is he going to have another year with Nagambie?

Not sure what its like now or with new incoming coach but shepp east used to watch their cash very carefully (not paying what they thought would affect the club in a downward manner).
This has been said every year since their inclusion.

Please don't respond to this comparing the individual club to another just yet as a review will be done of all clubs, however please add any info you wish in regards to this club as it is there 2-3 days in the bright lights, as such.

Club Review

Club - Picola
Position in 2008 - 12th
Senior 2008 B & F winner - ??
Most important player/ person - Walker
Up and coming star - ??
What went right in 2008 - The ability to maintain competitiveness whilst bloody some younger players.
What went wrong in 2008 - The loss of Brunt, Priddle, Johnstone, Myers , Corry and Brennan during the off season.
Coach for 2009 - Daniel
Possible losses for 2009 - Walker
Possible gains for 2009 - ?
Looking toward 2009 - During the off season of 2008 the blues picked up to quicker, high marking types in Walker and Magner who probably do there best work in a bit of space, something which the Picola ground generally does not offer.
Daniel battles away admirable in the midfield, generally against bigger bodied players, whilst there KPP stocks are aging and diminishing, so would think Picola would look to recruit bigger types and/or promote those types from within their list into the senior side. The loss of Walker will be significant, he was the class act who done that something special to win or maintain them in games and when he played well they were generally very competitive.

Club Review

Club - Kattamatite
Position in 2008 - 11th
Most important player/ person - Damien ( Gypsy ) Kennedy
Up and coming star - ???
What went right in 2008 - The continuation of the drive towards being a powerhouse continues.
What went wrong in 2008 - Not Much, maybe missing finals ?
Coach for 2009 - Jason Wild
Possible losses for 2009 - Kennedy, Collins
Possible gains for 2009 - ?
Looking toward 2009 - The upcoming next few years look exciting for the Tigers who under the guidance of Gypsy have been extremely professional and very competitive and his ability to instill discipline and respect amongst the playing group, whilst developing should not be overlooked or underestimated.
His use of senior players, and the respect shown , and demanded, toward them, indicates they are a club on the rise.
The inclusion of a new coach may see 1 more season of rebuilding, before we see their true potential.
The drafting of Katty's own Sam Wright at number 26 to the Kangaroos should be congratulated.:thumbsu:

Club Review

Club - Jerilderie
Position in 2008 - 10th
Most important player/ person - Purcell / Way
Up and coming star - ???
What went right in 2008 - Were competitive in its first PDFL season
What went wrong in 2008 - Didn't start season as well as it finished
Coach for 2009 - J.Sanderson
Possible losses for 2009 - Purcell
Possible gains for 2009 - J.Sanderson
Looking toward 2009 - The newest member to the PDFL in 08 also enjoys the move to the debatable lesser standard comp in 2009. The benefit of two 6'2" + , solidly built , good moving forwards who both kicked well appeared to stretch a fair few sides. The rumoured retirement, departure, of Purcell may well determine how far the club goes in 2009, but would expect them to be a real threat after a very good intitial year in the PDFL and with the revised comp.
Would think their recruiting may revolve around retaining Purcell and Way and a clearance type midfielder .

Club Review

Club - Blighty
Position in 2008 - 9th
Most important player/ person - Schouller
Up and coming star - ???
What went right in 2008 -
What went wrong in 2008 - Appeared to stagnet.
Coach for 2009 - M.Wooden
Possible losses for 2009 - Schouller
Possible gains for 2009 -
Looking toward 2009 - The loss of Schouller would be without doubt the biggest expected loss within the PDFL of 2009. Provided such a huge target regularly for the club and had such a huge influence on their abiltiy to win games. The revised comp. will assist them, but the loss of Schouller may also see them just miss finals again in 2009. Key forwards and somebody to assist Wooden in clearances would be on their recruiting radar.

Can confirm that Purcell is going around again for Jerilderie & Schoulls has gone to Leeton.

Good for Jerilderie, not so for Blighty.

I know its way too early but is anyone willing to have a go at the 2009 ladder positions. It always generates a bit of discussion!

North-West

Strathmerton (Great improvement last year may get a reward for it now)
Deni Rovers (Bode has built this side up a long way)
Jerilderie (Found their feet and should be a contender)
Blighty (Would be lots higher if Schollar was staying)
Berrigan (May sneak in)
Picola Utd (Walker out, where have all their Premiership 3rds gone?)
Yarroweyah (Had some good 3rds teams, but probably not yet)
Mathoura (Should post a few more wins)
Wunghnu (Big chance to build some confidence)

South-East

Tungamah (Guys should get behind Doddy & have another go)
Shepp East (I wonder how many of them played in the 06 flag, not many)
Katandra (Young blokes with a bit more experience)
Waaia (Perennial, keep Meylands, Gilmores and Scott = good side)
Dookie Utd (Will Ozzy keep them together)
Katunga (Still on the up, but tough comp)
Katamatite (Like Katunga, but Sam is at the Kangas!)
Rennie (to much of an unknown for me to try and place)

I honestly think the bottom side in each comp may post 5-6 wins for the year. Which means things could be pretty even across the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back