Picola & District North West 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours that rovers having a big tilt at the 2011 premiership with several key players taking cuts to bring in new recruits. have already signed 3 moama premiership players and are negotiating the return of several locals including a.may. if true will see the rovers skyrocket into premiership calculations along with last years runners up yarraweyah. look for the other three spots to be raffled between mathoura, picola, berrigan, strathmerton, jerilderie and blighty. early tip might be a deni v yarraweyah gf!

Dont know who will be taking a pay cut.. seeing that the paid players are the coach and 2 assistants. Although with one of them retiring some money will be available. Im sure most clubs are in talks with possible recruits not just us. Maybe a big ruckman from shep way Gorillaman ??? I know Jerildere are pretty active at the moment. they dont miss the finals to many years in a row.

Was talking to a 1U board person on the weekend & he told me that they are definately staying in the Picola NW league next year as we know that their application to join the KDFL was denied & they also explored options at the possibilty of joinin the SE division as to thier knowledge 1 or 2 SE teams were keen to swap with them?? But they were also told this was a "NO GO"! Also I believe that Freddy Andrinaco is going to be their coach next year unless thier is a back flip on his application!!

So with this being the case does that mean the league can release the 2011 draw or do they still have to wait for the final word on the league structure from the VCFL???

Ps its also been abit quiet on here of late surely there are things happening at clubs by now that people wana let out, it is silly season after all so lets talk it up! Cheers :thumbsu:

Was talking to a 1U board person on the weekend & he told me that they are definately staying in the Picola NW league next year as we know that their application to join the KDFL was denied & they also explored options at the possibilty of joinin the SE division as to thier knowledge 1 or 2 SE teams were keen to swap with them?? But they were also told this was a "NO GO"! Also I believe that Freddy Andrinaco is going to be their coach next year unless thier is a back flip on his application!!

So with this being the case does that mean the league can release the 2011 draw or do they still have to wait for the final word on the league structure from the VCFL???

Ps its also been abit quiet on here of late surely there are things happening at clubs by now that people wana let out, it is silly season after all so lets talk it up! Cheers :thumbsu:
2011 PDFL NW Draw

whats he like as a coach or will this be his 1st time, he playing or non-playing dont think i have heard of him hopfully not another nutcase

whats he like as a coach or will this be his 1st time, he playing or non-playing dont think i have heard of him hopfully not another nutcase

Nah he's a non playing coach (if he gets the job) has done a bit of coaching in the kdfl but mostly been non playing assistant coach for playing coaches! Is a pretty genuine sort of bloke none of this fly off at the handle sort of business so if he gets the job he should be good for them but will still need alot of recruits to be competitive, but good luck to them for having another crack!

I see on the SE page u said that former katy coach Jason Wild could've potentially signed with Berrigan??? How reliable is your source?? Would be a good pick up for them if true??

Nah he's a non playing coach (if he gets the job) has done a bit of coaching in the kdfl but mostly been non playing assistant coach for playing coaches! Is a pretty genuine sort of bloke none of this fly off at the handle sort of business so if he gets the job he should be good for them but will still need alot of recruits to be competitive, but good luck to them for having another crack!

I see on the SE page u said that former katy coach Jason Wild could've potentially signed with Berrigan??? How reliable is your source?? Would be a good pick up for them if true??

fred would be a great get for the magpies. has coached seniors at merrigum and murchison in the past aswell as coached in juniors. was also a/c when ardmona won there last premiership

spot on tttt fred would be a great get for wungnu has had plenty of coaching
experiance has also coached at tongala and tallygaroopna led to believe if he
accepts the job might have a few players coming with him

is fairly reliable. and if turns out to be true would be very good for berrigan and the NW

spot on tttt fred would be a great get for wungnu has had plenty of coaching
experiance has also coached at tongala and tallygaroopna led to believe if he
accepts the job might have a few players coming with him

for wunghnus sake lets hope so. i personaly believe wunghnu dont have a future in the nw league and rekon kdfl would be perfect for them even SE league would be better for them

I've heard strathy have welcomed back the 2 oswalds (lance and Scott) aswll as mcmillan!!! Can anyone confirm?

I had heard this was going to happen... Massive news if it's true. I had heard they weren't happy at Yarra and wanted to come back to their original club. Would certainly make them red hot favourites for next year. McMillan will kick 200.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it is official that Freddy Andrinaco is coachin the U next year, he will be good for them just hoping he takes some recruits with him to help them be more competitive, also hope they wana play footy & not start swingin when things get tuff! But knowing Freddy he will keep them in line & not put up with any of that trashy s**t! Good Luck in 2011 to Freddy & the U (sounds like a 1970's rock band:D)

So it is official that Freddy Andrinaco is coachin the U next year, he will be good for them just hoping he takes some recruits with him to help them be more competitive, also hope they wana play footy & not start swingin when things get tuff! But knowing Freddy he will keep them in line & not put up with any of that trashy s**t! Good Luck in 2011 to Freddy & the U (sounds like a 1970's rock band:D)

apparently shep news has jumped the gun, fred hasnt yet signed but is very close

apparently shep news has jumped the gun, fred hasnt yet signed but is very close

Well I geuss the win news has also cause thats where i seen it, missed todays shepp news! & if so i'm not sure why he hasn't signed yet, was talking to a 1U commitee member last weekend & he told me that Fred interviewed very well & that he was their #1 pick! So is it 1U not decided yet or Freddy still weighing up options/deal?? Either way i'm bout 99% sure its a done deal!

can tell you that after speaking to fred today that he has not accepted the coaching position apparently he was not very happy that a commitee
member had rang the shepp news and told them that he had and that he
new nothing about a meet the coach night tommorow night until he read
the paper this morning there will be a article in shepp news tommorow regarding this issue fred still keen to take on role but trying to sort a
couple of issues before accepting the role:mad:

can tell you that after speaking to fred today that he has not accepted the coaching position apparently he was not very happy that a commitee
member had rang the shepp news and told them that he had and that he
new nothing about a meet the coach night tommorow night until he read
the paper this morning there will be a article in shepp news tommorow regarding this issue fred still keen to take on role but trying to sort a
couple of issues before accepting the role:mad:

Is that u Freddy??? Well thats a bit of a shame if thats how it went down! Hopefully they work it out & they have a crack next year!

There was a segment on 'The Benchwarmers' this afternoon, and they were looking for the Worst Sporting Club in Australia (as in on field results).

I didn't catch the whole story and was wondering if anyone was going to dob in our local magpies?

not a good start to the relationship. you would think the u would go out of their way to handle everything professionally seeing that this might be their last chance of survival.
Not a bad role to take on thou win one game and your a club hero and life member.

not a good start to the relationship. you would think the u would go out of their way to handle everything professionally seeing that this might be their last chance of survival.
Not a bad role to take on thou win one game and your a club hero and life member.

Yeah but u missed 1 important thing!! Its easier said then done! Hopefully they strike a couple of wins next year!!!

not its not but i know fred pretty close and i know he is not very happy
how things have been handled.

Old mate Freddy would be starting to doubt the relationship then, as to my knowledge there's been an incident once before when he was offered the job & they gave him a $$ figure to recruit with then the funds they allowed him for recruits where significantly reduced?? Hopefully they sort it out as quick & as smooth as possible so they can concentrate on 2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back