Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkev86

All Australian
Dec 13, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes definately that has happened. Same with deni as well. Which is fantastic.
It came a bit more to my attention when a mother from deni took her son to blighty two years ago I think. At first blighty were really short I think deni had quite a few say year younger than top age under 14s so it was suggested they head out to blighty which is great. But in the mean time numbers changed and age groups etc perhaps not handled real well and a few parents thought could of been managed better. I wasn't at blighty at the time it was a discussion later.
So I guess that's where the idea of improving communication between the clubs and even getting all or as many as kids as possible together preseason to just have a look to see if can improve things.

The first clubs to do this will most likely benefit greatly from it. Hopefully someone makes it happen without being accused of poaching

nofearbrowny

Team Captain
Apr 11, 2012
wagga
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think the key to junior development and coaching is more about being consistent, fair, encouraging and have a set of rules that must be followed. The "skill set" of the junior coach isn't as important as his ability to managing 25 teenage kids. The fact the coach was a great player in his hay day is irrelevant in my opinion. Being consistent and stern with your approach is the key. This allows the better kids to thrive while introducing the "not so good" kids to what is required to be successful in a team environment. And successful doesn't mean premierships. I think the biggest thing is that the junior coaches must allow the better kids to play in the open age competition, whether that be in the 2nds or the seniors. Kids only can improve by playing out of their comfort zone. If the kid is good enough to play seniors, that is what he should do. Again this is just my opinion and im sure others will disagree.

nofearbrowny

Team Captain
Apr 11, 2012
wagga
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think it's good for coaches to have played the game, it's good for kids to test themselves , but it's also good for kids to stay in their age group and develop flair and get confidence so they are ready to step up when needed

wouldIlietoyou

All Australian
Dec 1, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
The first clubs to do this will most likely benefit greatly from it. Hopefully someone makes it happen without being accused of poaching

Haha I know that's why I'm bashing you all about mutual respect.
Might have to be me could be benefits me having been at three clubs and all.
I'll play the mother role and make sure everyone plays fair. Hahaha

Featherruffla

Draftee
Sep 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi all, Long time follower and this whole debacle has done enough for me to finally have an account.

Unlike everyone it seems, I support both Jerilderie & Finley in their respective leagues (Jerilderie alot more in recent years i must admit) but also Deni, as i have just as many mates in that team as anywhere and also get to a fair few Barooga games..

I was obviously barracking hard for Finley this year to break the drought and, to be harsh, we did choke. credit to the class of Rumba though. The premiership window at the cats may have closed and i think Bigkev might feel the same, so he jumps on here to let off some steam..

Firstly, if you actually think the Picola league is anywhere near the standard of the Murray then all your posts on BigFooty should be disregarded anyway. Rumbalara (i highly doubt) would make the GV finals and the gape between the Murray & Picola is just as vast, if not bigger. Deez would beat cobram im certian and i honestly think everyone else would be a tough contest. For the top 6, it would be a walk in the park.

To constantly bag out the Picola league is pointless and makes you look like an idiot. There is nobody from the GV, O&M, Bendigo, Ballarat, Geelong etc. on MFL thread saying "who cares rumba, i'd rather get the wooden spoon here than work my arse of for a flag, in your piss weak league". Jerilderies Management years ago, long before i was in the area, certianley isn't the same now. Fantastic culture and kids willing to travel back to have success with their mates. Say what you want about the amount they pay, i dont know enough to defend it really, but Finleys best two players were Melb Recruits anyway. you can only beat who's put in front of you and the Premiership Medals will mean as much to the boys and the club as they would to Finley had of they not let the oppurtunity slip.

Its nice we finally have some consistent posting on the thread but can we get back to the real stuff..

Anyone want to have a crack at their team of the year? and see how is compares to the actual interleague team..

bigkev86

All Australian
Dec 13, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Premiership windows in country football are a thing ??? Who would of thought it.

Finley's top 3 players all year will all be local. The melb boys are fantastic lads are considered local now anyway.

Pretty valid post all the same

bigkev86

All Australian
Dec 13, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
will power

Myself and nofearbowny are def not the same person and it's got me stumped who browny is I had a pretty solid theory a few months ago it was a Deni gent but now I'm not so sure.

Having said that I haven't seen these 2 new guys yourself and feather ruffles in the same room and your initial posts opened almost identically and both joined 1 day apart.

Hmm the second guy makes more sense though ;)

Featherruffla

Draftee
Sep 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Premiership windows in country football are a thing ??? Who would of thought it.

Finley's top 3 players all year will all be local. The melb boys are fantastic lads are considered local now anyway.

Pretty valid post all the same

I'd Belive that as i know finely have some local guns... just watched a game or two where Seccull especially was great..

To some extent i beleive they are 'a thing' when you're a team like Finely and have a team bulit of local talent with a few recruits to top it off.. if you stick with that and don't pay big money for high profiles and a few boys decide to leave. the window starts to shut..

Pinch them while you can! I really hope all stay for another year at the Cats and maybe a good playing coach gets the job, especially if melbourne boys decide they're not coming back.

I hope bode stays on to as the 'hack' has been getting the job done..

Is young Gilligan off to Deni Rams?

Will Power

Draftee
Sep 25, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi all, Long time follower and this whole debacle has done enough for me to finally have an account.

Unlike everyone it seems, I support both Jerilderie & Finley in their respective leagues (Jerilderie alot more in recent years i must admit) but also Deni, as i have just as many mates in that team as anywhere and also get to a fair few Barooga games..

I was obviously barracking hard for Finley this year to break the drought and, to be harsh, we did choke. credit to the class of Rumba though. The premiership window at the cats may have closed and i think Bigkev might feel the same, so he jumps on here to let off some steam..

Firstly, if you actually think the Picola league is anywhere near the standard of the Murray then all your posts on BigFooty should be disregarded anyway. Rumbalara (i highly doubt) would make the GV finals and the gape between the Murray & Picola is just as vast, if not bigger. Deez would beat cobram im certian and i honestly think everyone else would be a tough contest. For the top 6, it would be a walk in the park.

To constantly bag out the Picola league is pointless and makes you look like an idiot. There is nobody from the GV, O&M, Bendigo, Ballarat, Geelong etc. on MFL thread saying "who cares rumba, i'd rather get the wooden spoon here than work my arse of for a flag, in your piss weak league". Jerilderies Management years ago, long before i was in the area, certianley isn't the same now. Fantastic culture and kids willing to travel back to have success with their mates. Say what you want about the amount they pay, i dont know enough to defend it really, but Finleys best two players were Melb Recruits anyway. you can only beat who's put in front of you and the Premiership Medals will mean as much to the boys and the club as they would to Finley had of they not let the oppurtunity slip.

Its nice we finally have some consistent posting on the thread but can we get back to the real stuff..

Anyone want to have a crack at their team of the year? and see how is compares to the actual interleague team..
Well done and welcome. Your the only person that has made sense in this entire thread. Good to see some positive energy. Cheers

Mitsch

Debutant
Jan 27, 2010
Deni
AFL Club
Sydney
will power

Myself and nofearbowny are def not the same person and it's got me stumped who browny is I had a pretty solid theory a few months ago it was a Deni gent but now I'm not so sure.

Having said that I haven't seen these 2 new guys yourself and feather ruffles in the same room and your initial posts opened almost identically and both joined 1 day apart.

A good way of knowing who everyone is, just use your name that way there isn't an issue!!

nofearbrowny

Team Captain
Apr 11, 2012
wagga
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
will power

I have an idea who bk is but don't really care, don't know anyone else except roars obviously got something to do with junior development , I enjoy the footy talk and the different opinions . Hopefully we differ in opinions but we can respect each other , maybe I've thought at times I knew all the answers but I realise I don't ! I've got plenty of faults but being wrong is not one of them haha

bigkev86

All Australian
Dec 13, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have an idea who bk is but don't really care, don't know anyone else except roars obviously got something to do with junior development , I enjoy the footy talk and the different opinions . Hopefully we differ in opinions but we can respect each other , maybe I've thought at times I knew all the answers but I realise I don't ! I've got plenty of faults but being wrong is not one of them haha

Valid points should be considered no matter who's saying them. People get heated because town pride and loyalty is still alive and well.

eric swatson

Debutant
Apr 11, 2010
Hawthorne
AFL Club
Geelong
WILTY.. You should write a book your posts are too long and boring to read get a life, if I was your son id be embarrassed of you.. saying that the difference in leagues would be the depth of clubs Murray league is better through depth but the top 6-8 players in each pdfl side would play seniors in mfl ..its alot easier to coach a side when you have the numbers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back