Picola & District NW 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading in Pastoral Times this week that Rovers are voting shortly to change their name to Deniliquin Roos. Rovers or Roos, anyone from Deni like to pass on their thoughts. Personally they will still be Deni & wear the same jumper, though I have never heard their supporters yell "go roos" so is there much support for the change.

Reading in Pastoral Times this week that Rovers are voting shortly to change their name to Deniliquin Roos. Rovers or Roos, anyone from Deni like to pass on their thoughts. Personally they will still be Deni & wear the same jumper, though I have never heard their supporters yell "go roos" so is there much support for the change.

I reckon they should just drop rovers and be Deni. Rams are known as rams now so grab the Deni spot!! Just yell go Deni.

Wrong bloke. The Shannon I'm talking about is Matt Shannon, did play with Strathy back in 2010 and prior, but has played with Yarrawonga since then I believe.

Matt shannon captained strathys 2010 premiership side at 19 and came runner up in pdfl nw B&F went on to play at yarrawonga where he played in at least 1 premiership ???and represented the O&M in interleague. Since then has spent some time o/s were he won a couple more flags for west London. Can confirm he will be joining Tim Bramich at the helm for 2015.

They would allready b raging favourites willy.cant see anyone getting near them

Not sure how you work this out considering their recruits, one has been overseas for 2 years the other played in the other Picola league, while Jerilderie have picked up a GV premiership chf for big dollars (didnt mind telling ex-swans team mates or an O & M club what he was getting) and an ex-NEAFL coach.

Not sure how you work this out considering their recruits, one has been overseas for 2 years the other played in the other Picola league, while Jerilderie have picked up a GV premiership chf for big dollars (didnt mind telling ex-swans team mates or an O & M club what he was getting) and an ex-NEAFL coach.
Surely not true, about Avard i mean. This time of year players shop themselves around to get a bit more, maybe need to sort the chaff from the grain their ark.

AGM was last night, in short Rovers will remain for another 12 months with a review at next years AGM. Overall the playing group is pretty strong in keeping the Rovers name, but the next 12 months will give everyone involved not only adequate time to really weigh things up, but also give the club enough time to make everyone aware of the proposed change and how/why it is implemented etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AGM was last night, in short Rovers will remain for another 12 months with a review at next years AGM. Overall the playing group is pretty strong in keeping the Rovers name, but the next 12 months will give everyone involved not only adequate time to really weigh things up, but also give the club enough time to make everyone aware of the proposed change and how/why it is implemented etc.

Who's idea is it to change the name? They will always be known as the rovers to the player, supporters and opponents. They like being the "rovers" and having the rivalry with the "rams"

PDL doing a fantastic job with producing talented footballers.
I don't have the stats but it feels like more make it from the PDL than other local leagues.
Wright, Clurey, Howe, Downie...

I can't think of a KDL player since Barry Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back