Picola & District NW 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to all involved with the interleague tomorrow, and to the rest have a good weekend down the river fishing.

all the best to the interleague squad hopefully it's the last time
Disappointing attitude , interleague plays a big part in ensuring players are exposed to other opportunities whilst playing within the league . Don't have it and players move to other leagues to gain those opportunities .
No senior interleague no under 17 interleague and no junior netball interleague .

Last edited:

all the best to the interleague squad hopefully it's the last time

Disappointing attitude?? I'd say more a s**t, slack arse attitude!!! Not surprised though.

Well I'm going to wish the picola league squad an honest and heart felt best wishes!!

Also congrats to Brody Lumber getting called up to represent the MFL awesome effort for his first year at Rams.

Disappointing attitude?? I'd say more a s**t, slack arse attitude!!! Not surprised though.

Well I'm going to wish the picola league squad an honest and heart felt best wishes!!

Also congrats to Brody Lumber getting called up to represent the MFL awesome effort for his first year at Rams.
Agree with you on all counts there wilty, I am sure all sides representing the PDFNL today will do the league proud. A special mention to Jason Sanderson, represented the Picola North West in 2012 & is fronting up again today. Great to see some of the more experienced players in to backup the talented youngsters in the side who are playing at this level for the first time.:thumbsu:

Agree with you on all counts there wilty, I am sure all sides representing the PDFNL today will do the league proud. A special mention to Jason Sanderson, represented the Picola North West in 2012 & is fronting up again today. Great to see some of the more experienced players in to backup the talented youngsters in the side who are playing at this level for the first time.:thumbsu:
He is close to bog at half time .

Were beaten by 52 points I think it was in the end . Farrer were fairly dominate in the first quarter and early parts of the second . From then on it was extremely even with the PDFNL probably having the majority of the play and at times struggling to convert . Ash Saunders got the medal for his game at FF . Ruckman Damon Carroll was good as was Luke Minogue . Jason Sanderson was extremely good off half back and as expected used the ball very well . Chris Patton also off half back , Dan Ellis , Tyson Saunders were other good players , was a good feel amongst the squad and something to really build on after being the first year that the league fielded a combined side.
The PDFNL under 17's dominated Louis Pinnuck got the medal whilst he was very closely followed by Bryce Bisch and Jim Irvine. other good players were Jonty Wardle , Lewis Taylor . Good effort by the boys as most of the farrer boys had already turned 17 and I think there was only 6 of the PDFNL boys who are not eligible for under17's next year.
Special mention to 14 year old Adam Jorgenson who kicked two and was simply stunning when he had or was near the footy .
In the netball they have round robin type setup and then a granny. The under missed out on making the granny by 1 goal whilst the senior girls were undefeated again all day .

Last edited:
Did anyone see this game? I checked results and the margin was much greater than I was expecting.

It was a very good game of football to watch. Both sides moved the ball well at times. It was a physical game with a number of sore boys by the end of the match. Jerilderie lost 1 player in the warm ups and I think Picola didn't have a bench after half time. Jerilderie played their best game for the year and had a good win. The 3rd quarter set up the win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the league having pretty much nothing to do with AFL Vic, will the points system be brought in if it is established state wide?

You would expect the league will do what is in the best interests of the league and it's clubs .

I don't believe the points system is needed in our league. Nor would it make a difference. The points system was introduced to stop teams from loading up with talent from rival clubs or buying in a large number of recruits from higher leagues. It was introduced to help promote your junior talent. Both of these areas are not a problem in our league

I don't believe the points system is needed in our league. Nor would it make a difference. The points system was introduced to stop teams from loading up with talent from rival clubs or buying in a large number of recruits from higher leagues. It was introduced to help promote your junior talent. Both of these areas are not a problem in our league
Only 8% of clubs who have a points system believe that a points system has a positive affect on players payments. All it does is shift who gets paid , instead of the best player getting paid it's the best player with the least amount of points . Whilst I think we all know that a salary cap doesn't work and will only ever work if clubs declare payments and have all players on contracts , which leads to taxing at 48% and clubs forced to raise twice as much to cover the tax .whilst also providing documented evidence if ever audited by ATO . It won't happen one club has already suggesting that if a cap is brought in they will have the most expensive b grade netball side in Country vic

Only 8% of clubs who have a points system believe that a points system has a positive affect on players payments. All it does is shift who gets paid , instead of the best player getting paid it's the best player with the least amount of points . Whilst I think we all know that a salary cap doesn't work and will only ever work if clubs declare payments and have all players on contracts , which leads to taxing at 48% and clubs forced to raise twice as much to cover the tax .whilst also providing documented evidence if ever audited by ATO . It won't happen one club has already suggesting that if a cap is brought in they will have the most expensive b grade netball side in Country vic
Roar, treading on dangerous territory there. If a player is getting paid to play they should be declaring it with the tax office. If not, thats not the clubs issue. Shouldn't be up to the clubs to pay their tax for them on top of the agreed amount although they should be taking it out of their payments. We do have an issue with the current normal circumstances where clubs and players probably arent declaring so lets not let the cat out of the bag!
I think the salary cap would work but no club would be honest about the payments. Also the point isnt just from pulling players from other clubs and higher leagues but making it more competitive for the lower financed clubs. Think you will be surprised how the size of our Hoppers budget is compared to the bigger clubs.

Roar, treading on dangerous territory there. If a player is getting paid to play they should be declaring it with the tax office. If not, thats not the clubs issue. Shouldn't be up to the clubs to pay their tax for them on top of the agreed amount although they should be taking it out of their payments. We do have an issue with the current normal circumstances where clubs and players probably arent declaring so lets not let the cat out of the bag!
I think the salary cap would work but no club would be honest about the payments. Also the point isnt just from pulling players from other clubs and higher leagues but making it more competitive for the lower financed clubs. Think you will be surprised how the size of our Hoppers budget is compared to the bigger clubs.
Yes clubs should be taking tax out but we all know that doesn't happen . If a player wants 150 in the hand to travel home and play . It is $150 cash , if tax is taken out it is almost double that . I think everyone wrongly gets carried away with suggesting what clubs are and aren't playing . Many due to distance from major cities and also recent success have to pay a lot more to be competitive .

Yes clubs should be taking tax out but we all know that doesn't happen . If a player wants 150 in the hand to travel home and play . It is $150 cash , if tax is taken out it is almost double that . I think everyone wrongly gets carried away with suggesting what clubs are and aren't playing . Many due to distance from major cities and also recent success have to pay a lot more to be competitive .

Heres an interesting read on the subject.
www.aflvic.com.au › 2013/10 › PR-Guide

anyone got how points will be allocated?
i think we have a few of the clubs represented here that could tally their points up?? be useful to see the points per category as well.
Salary cap will not work scrap that part. It's gunna be reliant on points so let's see how far apart the clubs are now??

I actually have very real concerns for pdfnl nw clubs with a points system. I'm seeing MFL clubs struggling for numbers now if the points system limits those they buy in from say Melbourne or wherever where do you think those dollars are going to be spent?? They will be looking even more closely at your players and having not spent on the big names will have cash to splash.
Geez if you're a club in our league with a apparent small budget think carefully before assuming this is the silver bullet to solve your worries.
The real problem is player numbers I don't see how this solves that issue for pDFNL.
Just my take hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
somethings got to happen jer and strath are in a league of there own.

Be interesting to see their points. Jerilderie do have a very large majority of their own players. Strathy quite probably the same they have had great results in their junior grades for a while now.

This is why I want to look at the points as these teams stand now.

Do you know what Mathaz points from
Saturday's teams would be?

In breif and if I remember correctly , anyone who has previously played 30(?) games with the club and returns is considered a home player regardless of where they are coming from and attract one point.
Players coming from another non premium league attract two points .
Players coming from a premium league attract 3 points
From a state league 4 points .
Players attract a extra point for each club they have been to in the last 3 years.
Additional points are given if players have finished top 5 in club b&f or goal kicking ( hasn't been confirmed if this includes any grade )
If a player has played more reserves games than senior game recently there is a deduction in points .
The general consensus from those that have a points system is that it doesn't reduce payments and doesn't equalise the competitions . In many cases it has increased the spend and difference between sides .
The other consistent thought, is that it sees lesser players being paid bigger money than better players solely because they attract less points whilst also seeing better players retire from the game due to them attracting to many points and having to play reserves .
Another interesting point is that the MFL is considered a premium league PDFNL non premium meaning that players going from
PDFNL to MFL attract 1 point , yet those going the other way attract 2 points .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back