Picola & District NW 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
had phone call that a few blighty boys not happy with all the player chasing. money been thrown at players that are average and to raid a club of so many players offering over the top money has upset a few supporters and bite them on the bum this year or next

tyndall can play but a sniper at that Jordan,gittens,hall all very good players but blighty struggling for players and raiding everyone and have not finished yet. take 3/4 players but 9 sighned and a couple more interviewed not a great club to do that . will come back to bite them when they fold

Just to clarify. I agree it looks bad that they have signed 9. But you do what you need to do to stay competitive. It's something Rams have never had to worry too much about. times are changing very fast.

BUT seriously to call Tyndall a sniper on here is bloody poor form on your part. He is one of your most loyal players. I remember when he was younger ,junior grades and not getting a lot of game time he just stuck at it and stuck at it such was his love for your club. Not a great club to say that about him now I would have thought??

had phone call that a few blighty boys not happy with all the player chasing. money been thrown at players that are average and to raid a club of so many players offering over the top money has upset a few supporters and bite them on the bum this year or next
Im not sure I see the issue with announcing 9 at a time. That could be the all that is announced and plenty of clubs have that many new recruits each year. If you look at the players some didnt play last year and some only played a couple of ressies games so were looking not to be at Rams this coming season anyway.
There will always be talk up about payments and how much they are but only the hierarchy and player themselves know. Look at Purcell rumours were he is on $800 a game and he declares 0. One thing is certain, if you hear it 99% chance it is wrong. Seems to be a good strategy by Blighty to pay for a couple of those boys as MFL premiership players and future leaders. All young and have plenty of years to go. What do their close mates do then, they decide that they will move with them to keep playing with their mates, you mighten even have to pay them!pay for a couple and get 9! Just because they are announced in the paper doesnt mean paid or big money recruits.
Looking at the Blighty team last year I think their budget would of been pretty low so any additions this year would probably still put them below most other clubs.

Im not sure I see the issue with announcing 9 at a time. That could be the all that is announced and plenty of clubs have that many new recruits each year. If you look at the players some didnt play last year and some only played a couple of ressies games so were looking not to be at Rams this coming season anyway.
There will always be talk up about payments and how much they are but only the hierarchy and player themselves know. Look at Purcell rumours were he is on $800 a game and he declares 0. One thing is certain, if you hear it 99% chance it is wrong. Seems to be a good strategy by Blighty to pay for a couple of those boys as MFL premiership players and future leaders. All young and have plenty of years to go. What do their close mates do then, they decide that they will move with them to keep playing with their mates, you mighten even have to pay them!pay for a couple and get 9! Just because they are announced in the paper doesnt mean paid or big money recruits.
Looking at the Blighty team last year I think their budget would of been pretty low so any additions this year would probably still put them below most other clubs.
Good to see u join up just today houso and trying to defend yaself!

Purcell on $800. Don't think he would get out of bed for that. U definitely wouldn't get him to training for that.

Everyone is jumping up and down about who Blighty have picked up. People forget they have lost 3 of the better players in the league. 3 players who I would of thought cost of bit of $$ last year.

Purcell on $800. Don't think he would get out of bed for that. U definitely wouldn't get him to training for that.

Everyone is jumping up and down about who Blighty have picked up. People forget they have lost 3 of the better players in the league. 3 players who I would of thought cost of bit of $$ last year.
think your are being a bit harsh on him charles considering you wouldnt know who trained in jerilderie because you must of had your nights mixed up cause u werent there much

loo
Just to clarify. I agree it looks bad that they have signed 9. But you do what you need to do to stay competitive. It's something Rams have never had to worry too much about. times are changing very fast.

BUT seriously to call Tyndall a sniper on here is bloody poor form on your part. He is one of your most loyal players. I remember when he was younger ,junior grades and not getting a lot of game time he just stuck at it and stuck at it such was his love for your club. Not a great club to say that about him now I would have thought??
look jack nice fellow,but a few clubs in murray would be disappointed he has gone as square ups were due. can asure you all players sighned are from 300/400/500/600/ $ a game plus 1000 sign on so not bad for the players. the rams will kick on and battle away and rebuild and go ok

loo
look jack nice fellow,but a few clubs in murray would be disappointed he has gone as square ups were due. can asure you all players sighned are from 300/400/500/600/ $ a game plus 1000 sign on so not bad for the players. the rams will kick on and battle away and rebuild and go ok
Brett McDonald would have to be a shoe in to return to his development club wouldn't he ?

loo

By the looks cheap shots are a Rams culture issue.....

Don't get excited. I'm just really surprised At the comments re Tyndall.
I agree, For a guy who has only ever played at the one club and has turned down money for the last probably 4 season it's bullshit. he has always bleed blue and gold. Has been there since he was about 12. I don't know how much money he is on and it shouldnt matter. He has a chance to learn abit about coaching. There have been plenty of Rams juniors leave in the past. Never have they copped as much as he and the others have in 5 days.. There have been over 7 others leave this off season. Did anyone know that? Probably ******* not.

I agree, For a guy who has only ever played at the one club and has turned down money for the last probably 4 season it's bullshit. he has always bleed blue and gold. Has been there since he was about 12. I don't know how much money he is on and it shouldnt matter. He has a chance to learn abit about coaching. There have been plenty of Rams juniors leave in the past. Never have they copped as much as he and the others have in 5 days.. There have been over 7 others leave this off season. Did anyone know that? Probably ******* not.

I don't see that these boys have been copped any more than others. It is a risk for the club to recruit a large number as a "package". There are pros and cons recruiting this way. You tend to pay over's for a couple of blokes within the package, but on the flipside you are getting a good number of recruits in one hit. Its a numbers game these days for the more remote clubs. I very much doubt any Blighty locals are pissed off recruiting these boys. They have picked up 9 footballer that should play seniors. That helps out the seniors, 2nds and the whole club. The young fellas just need to realise that being paid good money from a club brings responsibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps a Mathoura poster can enlighten us as to their view on why it will work not just for their own club but the league?
Naturally if their are any posters from the other clubs Id welcome their view on this as well.

Maybe it has nothing to do with points system.To me looks like clubs are wanting a change of league leadership.

Well that's obvious. But part of the reasoning is the points system. So if you don't mind answering why do you think the league should be in it?

If clubs have issues with the leadership of the league , why didn't they get someone to stand for a position on the league executive. Nominations where called for months ago. Instead they wait until it's AGM time & spit the dummy.
Move on to next year, if you want change put your hand up.
That's if leadership of the league is the problem.

I do not think the league should be in the system.

Great we agree on something. So we have leaders prepared to look after clubs (in my view particularly Mathaz) and take a stand against it and yet it's poor leadership?

This is about Pdfnl money and joining the hub. Have a look at the loss of money GVFL has managed to clock up this year. Aren't they managed by AFLGM?

So here we are highlighting the many flaws of their much publicised points system and also not joining the hub which I know to operate successfully requires us on board (direct from a current Aflgm commissioner) . No surprise to me they may try to make life difficult for us to force our hand.

Look no issue for me what happens other than I love the league and would fight for small communities to keep their club God knows we are losing everything else.
Just be very wary of allowing too much control to go to the hub. We see with everything around merger type things always huge promises of great things but how many deliver? If they want us in our deal will have to be heavily weighted for us to have a large say especially around $$ and they need to listen over the points system.
But in all honesty our being the minor league I would say no deal. We are a strong league with our own management even own JDO coming (woohoo).
We are also not lone Rangers in saying the points system flawed.

I also think we do need to look at umpires. I thought their explanation was a bit poor talking about 2013 as the main issue. Regardless I will say netball does a far superior job of training umpires and to be honest perhaps more needs to be done by all parties in this area. How many clubs putting in effort to train juniors from young age? Is it because we don't have the resources /training more localised? I don't know just asking. We are a minor league as such we do have to supply a lot more of our own club umpires. I think that warrants more support to us for training of locals?
A bit of disruption might lead to better outcomes for all parties. Provided outcomes are the priority and not power plays.

Last edited:
All of the 5 clubs mentioned have new presidents ( within previous 3-4 weeks) , just maybe they were not up to speed with what has transpired previously , have different views or had not established open communication lines with the league to resolve any concerns they had .
Maybe the league should have done more to bring the new club execs up to speed and maybe the clubs should have sought my info , either way pretty sure all has been explained , communication lines opened and all are looking forward to 2016 .

Last edited:
I see the O and M regional commission (the area that has caused most of the points problem but done nothing about it) has shafted the Hume League (AFLNSW) and Picola leagued them by changing the points of Hume league players to 1 from 3 because they were losing a heap of players. Time to grow up isn't it!!! Big leagues losing structure and support at a time when the AFL wants to get rid of minor leagues and bring in an under 23 statewide comp to make player spotting easier. The fightback of the small community may only just be beginning. The PDFL would see Blighty, Yarroweyah, Rennie, Picola, maybe more, fold if the points system came in. Congrats to clubs like Deni rovers who have the forethought to say points system would probably be good for us, but kill our main rival and would have to travel to Dookie again as if the league loses 2 clubs the 2 sides of the league get merged.

Another article in the cobram courier today along the same lines. Comments from the GF umpires,ex pdfl tribunal members, brad williams and shane railton among others. Worth a read for anyone interested, even if a little biased.

A little less talk about the politics and a little more talk about footy please.
Any more recruitment news ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back