Picola & District NW 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not serious a grandfinal at picola that's big , why not toc
Because every club deserves the right to host finals and be the financial benefactor equally . Whilst the other bonus is that all facilities are improved not just one as clubs can lobby councils with assurance of a pre determined host finals draw .
Been and seen your mobs facility upgrade and no doubt it is a vast improvement however you might get a surprise how much facilities have improved in the PDFNL over the last 5 years . Works really well for the league and continues to take the league to new audiences.
Where is the mfl's gf next year ?

Because every club deserves the right to host finals and be the financial benefactor equally . Whilst the other bonus is that all facilities are improved not just one as clubs can lobby councils with assurance of a pre determined host finals draw .
Been and seen your mobs facility upgrade and no doubt it is a vast improvement however you might get a surprise how much facilities have improved in the PDFNL over the last 5 years . Works really well for the league and continues to take the league to new audiences.
Where is the mfl's gf next year ?

Not sure , I wouldn't mind it at tocumwal eventhough they have dropped down a league . Great ground ,great surface can handle big crowd ,from what I've seen of picola can it handle a crowd of 5000 I doubt it

Toc by far the best place to hold grand final. Surely some arrangement can be made so all clubs can benefit from the day and stop having to rotate it every year

Toc by far the best place to hold grand final. Surely some arrangement can be made so all clubs can benefit from the day and stop having to rotate it every year

You wouldn't get the same benefits to clubs with regard to lobbying for improvements to facilities.
Doesn't hurt to have a bit of community spirit to achieve good outcomes for all not just one or a few.
Perhaps after a full rotation and everyone has had a go then clubs can readdress the issue?

Interestingly enough when the fixed finals rotation came in a lot of clubs were angry about how the gfinals were picked . Blighty , Jerilderie , Strathy and berrigan had all recently held a Gf.
With Deni , Mathoura , yarroweyah and picola most likely in some cases never held one . The opposes to the idea suggested it would lessen crowds that hasn't occured . I would say clubs holding the Gf over the past 4 years have invested on average 70-80k on facility improvements . In some cases that would have been there biggest investment in facilities for 15-25 years .
You only need to go visit some
Other leagues facilities and look back on improvements undertaken to realise that it has been a great introduction .
Not just in the NW but also in the SE , Katty , Waaia , Rennie , Tungamah and now katandra have all invested heavily in facility improvements .
It is also literally impossible to equally divide the finances for the day as some clubs don't want to be involved , alocohol licensing especially with clubs from two states being involved . Etc etc .
Honestly don't see the issue with it being spread around and I wouldn't be surprised if other leagues follow suit . MFL may well be at Fincity or rumba this year ??

Last edited:
So they went up a league !
The final rotation policy is great. And should be adopted by all leagues.
I played on Toc's ground many moons ago as a young fella and remember it as A1, but the last 2 years I would say it's sub par. Facilities great but still not the best to watch the footy.
I think the crowds at the last 3 grand finals prove the rotation is the best way to go.

The final rotation policy is great. And should be adopted by all leagues.
I played on Toc's ground many moons ago as a young fella and remember it as A1, but the last 2 years I would say it's sub par. Facilities great but still not the best to watch the footy.
I think the crowds at the last 3 grand finals prove the rotation is the best way to go.
Charles please, when you where a young fella. That was midway through the last century , when people drove their horse & cart to the footy & you had nail in stops in your boots. We are talking along time ago.
But I will agree the surface @ Toc not as good as years gone by.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So sounds like picola could be the real deal for 2016!. Hasnt been much news from yarraweyah, berrigan or jerilderie does anyone know how they are shapping along?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back