Picola & District NW 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting because Gilbert was my source.

I will add this. it's sad that someone like Kyel who has served the Redeyes so well is copping a bit from a faceless person for making a change. Sometimes it turns out a great move and revitalises a player.
I do not believe this is simply a money grab by Kyel. If he gets some well so be it he does have a family now who happen to be in childcare in Toc.
Yes he is Blighty through and through and I'm sure will always be highly regarded at the Redeyes.
So you believe Gilbert you'd be a first haha, Kyle should have come to finley lose a bit of that puppy fat that he's been carrying for 15 years :)

I will add this. it's sad that someone like Kyel who has served the Redeyes so well is copping a bit from a faceless person for making a change. Sometimes it turns out a great move and revitalises a player.
I do not believe this is simply a money grab by Kyel. If he gets some well so be it he does have a family now who happen to be in childcare in Toc.
Yes he is Blighty through and through and I'm sure will always be highly regarded at the Redeyes.
Calling someone faceless on here when no one goes by their real name is like calling a fat kid fat in a classroom of fat kids. So you reckon that a son who has to tell the most Blighty man ever that he is no longer going to play for them but play against them and then the most Blighty man ever has to talk to others when asked and you reckon you are getting the full correct story.
Fact is he was photographed for the paper as thirds coach and senior player after he was not named as captain so shows he was still committed to the club post the decision. I know you are an advocate for change due to your own circumstances but from a players point of view its really a little change. Toc are splashing some cash as some Finley recruits are on some good coin and for Kyle to head 40 minutes extra to and from twice a week just for training and to be there half hour earlier than at Blighty (as I have been told they start at 6.30) when I presume he is a farmer/farm worker is a fair bit of extra that would need to be compensated.
My gripe is I believe we need to have paid players but only in some instances. A minnow club in order to complete against a bigger club in the same league may need to pay a few players to attract them out of a big center to keep the list topped up and remain competitive for the local players to have a (competitive) club. Paying locals well above fuel money and paying other clubs locals to take them away from their home club im against.

Salary cap is a great idea, I would be all for it, but how do you police it at local level? Points system also very hard to manage. Are there any country leagues having a good level of success with either model roar?
Not that I am aware , all it tends to do is re - focus and lengthen the success period of clubs that are benefited from it . Those generally being clubs who are closer to major cities and don't have to pay as much to attract a player . Whilst players tend to gain additional employment at the club where salary caps are brought in .
Have studied quite a bit on what is consistantly seen in clubs who enjoy senior success and there are two things that stand out., particularly in district comps . Junior success and consistant stable administration .
I'm not sure there should be any negativity encouraged toward a club who has junior success or a stable consistant board.
Also, I'd have thought player numbers are a far bigger threat to the game and not sure a cap or points system does anything to promote or address player numbers .

Calling someone faceless on here when no one goes by their real name is like calling a fat kid fat in a classroom of fat kids. So you reckon that a son who has to tell the most Blighty man ever that he is no longer going to play for them but play against them and then the most Blighty man ever has to talk to others when asked and you reckon you are getting the full correct story.
Fact is he was photographed for the paper as thirds coach and senior player after he was not named as captain so shows he was still committed to the club post the decision. I know you are an advocate for change due to your own circumstances but from a players point of view its really a little change. Toc are splashing some cash as some Finley recruits are on some good coin and for Kyle to head 40 minutes extra to and from twice a week just for training and to be there half hour earlier than at Blighty (as I have been told they start at 6.30) when I presume he is a farmer/farm worker is a fair bit of extra that would need to be compensated.
My gripe is I believe we need to have paid players but only in some instances. A minnow club in order to complete against a bigger club in the same league may need to pay a few players to attract them out of a big center to keep the list topped up and remain competitive for the local players to have a (competitive) club. Paying locals well above fuel money and paying other clubs locals to take them away from their home club im against.

yet you think you have the full and correct story from a Toc player?

Is this about Kyel or you wanting to make a point about player payments?

if it wasn't Toc it could have been a club outside the league to pounce. That is where the mrs came in. Their kids are in childcare in Toc most days I think.

I do agree with you totally on player payments but that's not an issue any one league can handle on its own when all have other leagues with clubs just as needy and some pretty well cashed up on our doorstep.

I am crossing fingers something happens soon via AFL but maybe they need clubs and leagues to say. We ready to sort this s**t out for the good of the game.

As the season edges closer, are there many top end players from each team definitely on the move? Downie and Evans definite from the doggies but are there many more across the league? Or are most sticking around for another year with a few additional quality players coming in to top sides up.

As the season edges closer, are there many top end players from each team definitely on the move? Downie and Evans definite from the doggies but are there many more across the league? Or are most sticking around for another year with a few additional quality players coming in to top sides up.
Ronald Middleton has left Berrigan for Finley, Blighty seem to have lost quite a few from what you hear with Lumber, Todd, Bain & Baron confirmed.
Jerilderie & Strathy will be the 2 to beat again, haven't heard much else on Berrigan. Yarroweyah have managed to gain a CHB, CHF and a couple of mids, one of which has played VFL. All the other teams seem to have recruited OK so the bottom half of the comp should improve which is good for the league.

I see Berrigan thirds B&F winner from last year has applied for a clearance to the Murray league. Would seem another good PDFNL junior off to bigger things with the promise of improving your footy & being seen by the talent scouts. Maybe I have read to much into it & there are other reasons for the move.:confused:

I see Berrigan thirds B&F winner from last year has applied for a clearance to the Murray league. Would seem another good PDFNL junior off to bigger things with the promise of improving your footy & being seen by the talent scouts. Maybe I have read to much into it & there are other reasons for the move.:confused:
I don't think many talent scouts watch mfl haha ,if he was going to bushies might be different story. What's his name I'll keep an eye on him ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10 PDFNL juniors in the current Bushranger squad of 76. People believing the bullshit spin that you have to go elsewhere to be seen are deluded .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back