Picola & District NW 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id say another huge part in kids leaving clubs like the rovers, blighty and sometimes even Mathoura is most those kids got to high school and have Mates at the rams that's plays a huge part in them moving. Id dare say the same would happen with berrigan and jero going to Finlay?
I would suggest it has impact at Mathoura and blighty owners would suggest given rovers and rams are in the same town where the high school is would have little to no impact .
Whilst for Finley it is hard to tell what would happen if they didn't poach .

I don't think it's the parents call it's the kids call in consultation with his parents, it's not my league and your league eventually they will become one I've played in both leagues Ive loved playing in both . Their is not as many kids running around as there used to be jer,ber, blighty, toc & Finley used to always have enough numbers to field junior sides now every side is struggling for numbers

I generally agree the kids have a large say. Not sure they should have the final say. If as a parent I have concerns about the club he wants to play at (generalising here) how he may be influenced etc I think it is more than fair and correct that I as the parent make the call.

I bet if a pdfnl club came in offering $$ to one of Finley's under 17s you wouldn't be too impressed. the "you will be better off" and $$ offers to juniors are equally bad IMO.

The leagues aren't one at the moment.

This wasn't a discussion about numbers it was about MFL clubs approaching pdfnl juniors.

I generally agree the kids have a large say. Not sure they should have the final say. If as a parent I have concerns about the club he wants to play at (generalising here) how he may be influenced etc I think it is more than fair and correct that I as the parent make the call.

I bet if a pdfnl club came in offering $$ to one of Finley's under 17s you wouldn't be too impressed. the "you will be better off" and $$ offers to juniors are equally bad IMO.

The leagues aren't one at the moment.

This wasn't a discussion about numbers it was about MFL clubs approaching pdfnl juniors.
I suppose if the decision is about money and they are still under 17 then you would hope they would listen to their parents to hopefully make a sound decision

I would suggest it has impact at Mathoura and blighty owners would suggest given rovers and rams are in the same town where the high school is would have little to no impact .
Whilst for Finley it is hard to tell what would happen if they didn't poach .
blighty over the years would have done far better out of Finley than Finley did out of blighty . Roar if you want to keep having a crack at Finley I'm happy to arrange a meeting with the powers to be Finley about their recruiting policy you just let me know

blighty over the years would have done far better out of Finley than Finley did out of blighty . Roar if you want to keep having a crack at Finley I'm happy to arrange a meeting with the powers to be Finley about their recruiting policy you just let me know
I don't need 3rd parties for me to express my opinion. I will and have expressed my thoughts , directly with the people concerned .
Don't go getting sooky now precious you've been happily dishing it out .

I suppose if the decision is about money and they are still under 17 then you would hope they would listen to their parents to hopefully make a sound decision

Oh dear you just don't get it.

MFL clubs filling parents and kids heads with ideas that moving clubs will increase their chances of being noticed by scouts is just plain wrong. Can you show me where that has worked for a kid who wasn't already on the radar?

i don't care so much that the clubs talk to them it's what is said to them that annoys me. Why not just say we would love if you would consider playing at finley, deni, barooga etc.

I doubt any pdfnl clubs would offer money to a under 17 just to clear that up. I doubt they would even approach them.

I wouldn't mind a meeting I still have the cranks over last year so pick me pick me!!!!

All this arguing about what league has better juniors, or who is poaching who is irrelevant. We should all be happy that there is a huge talent pool of junior footballers in OUR region. Whether that is at Jerilderie, Blighty, Finley, Deni. 5 -10 years ago I was of the belief that, yes a good junior needed to play at the highest level to be noticed, but these days they are identified more through junior carnivals and school footy. Lets just be happy that our little area is producing some great talent.

I wasn't arguing so much about the poaching. It's what is being said to the parents and young players that Is wrong IMO and based on my experience.

Oh dear you just don't get it.

MFL clubs filling parents and kids heads with ideas that moving clubs will increase their chances of being noticed by scouts is just plain wrong. Can you show me where that has worked for a kid who wasn't already on the radar?

i don't care so much that the clubs talk to them it's what is said to them that annoys me. Why not just say we would love if you would consider playing at finley, deni, barooga etc.

I doubt any pdfnl clubs would offer money to a under 17 just to clear that up. I doubt they would even approach them.
I think as a parent you got to sort thru the bs ,I've never known of a mfl offering money to a under 17 player , I'll get you a meeting bring your son we need a good marking forward haha

All this arguing about what league has better juniors, or who is poaching who is irrelevant. We should all be happy that there is a huge talent pool of junior footballers in OUR region. Whether that is at Jerilderie, Blighty, Finley, Deni. 5 -10 years ago I was of the belief that, yes a good junior needed to play at the highest level to be noticed, but these days they are identified more through junior carnivals and school footy. Lets just be happy that our little area is producing some great talent.
Identification of talented juniors 90% happens at national junior carnivals! tac cup !sanfl vfl wafl , all the other leagues !private school footy! metro leagues !country leagues makes up the other 10%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Identification of talented juniors 90% happens at national junior carnivals! tac cup !sanfl vfl wafl , all the other leagues !private school footy! metro leagues !country leagues makes up the other 10%
I think you'll find that when Charles mentioned players being indentified within interleague carnivals he meant identified to play localised elite programs such as schoolboys TAC , not to be drafted.

ok Roar you totally misunderstood what I was trying to say. What I was told was what every other man and there dog was told. I don't have the sources you have. I'm not on here to start a s**t fight about junior deveoplemt. Seems to be a popular topic every year on this forum and I couldn't care less. I was just trying to contribute to the topic. Sorry if I offened you so much. Also I never said anything about him only being recruited once he got to the Rams. Seems ur reaching for something there...

Actually I would make a case for his injuries. Not sure if you attended the vote count but he polled pretty well in the first 4-5 games before he was injured. Weather he is a 1's player or inbetween the grades he defiantly has potential. He's only been playing the game for 3 years if I'm correct..

Seems like offened the both of you. Not my intention at all. Next time I'll keep my mouth shut until I know only the facts....
Good to see the big fella has made the final squad as have another 7 PDFNL juniors . 8 out of 54 .

Good to see the big fella has made the final squad as have another 7 PDFNL juniors . 8 out of 54 .

Awesome stuff. Any where I can see the full squad?

Edit: I counted 2. Are you including guys that have been though the junior ranks in the PDFL

Edit 2: alright haha. I didn't see the rookie list. Has that been around long?

Last edited:

Edit: I counted 2. Are you including guys that have been though the junior ranks in the PDFL

Players that entered the bushrangers system whilst at a PDFNL club .
Rookie list ?? Is kids that are wanted still within the system and are most likely going play the following year. , yet won't do all of the AFL testing.

Hey snake, I think that is a retraction and shouldn't be hid amongst the fine print?? ;):D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back