Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCopezz

Debutant
Feb 3, 2013
WaggaWagga
AFL Club
Essendon
B Spencer(SE) Cunnington(R) Clurey (Katty)
HB Younger (Katty) Baker (W) Butts (T)
C Hicks (T) Doyle (T) McCarty (W)
HF Darke (T) McMullan (D) Clark (T)
F Murphy (R) Meyland (W) Shadbolt (Katty)
R Saunders (Katty) Archibald (T) Rowe (T)
I/C Stephenson (SE) Aynsley (SE) Frappell (SE) Taylor (Katty) Harbrow (R) Fountain (R) Emmett (Katu) Jones (T) Kitto (D) Saunders (T)

Food for thought and picking over
bit stiff not having the coach in the side o_O

Darke, clark and murphy miss out for me in the forward line (only 10 goals between them in 3 matches)
HB Younger (Katty) Vidler (SE) Butts (T)
HF Harbrow (T) McMullan (D) Osborne (SE)
F Payne (T) L.James (T) Shadbolt (Katty)
I/C Stephenson (SE) Frappell (SE) Taylor (Katty) Fountain (R) Emmett (Katu) Jones (T) Kitto (D) Saunders (T)

jppk

Draftee
Apr 17, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
w
bit stiff not having the coach in the side o_O

Darke, clark and murphy miss out for me in the forward line (only 10 goals between them in 3 matches)
HB Younger (Katty) Vidler (SE) Butts (T)
HF Harbrow (T) McMullan (D) Osborne (SE)
F Payne (T) L.James (T) Shadbolt (Katty)
I/C Stephenson (SE) Frappell (SE) Taylor (Katty) Fountain (R) Emmett (Katu) Jones (T) Kitto (D) Saunders (T)
a lot of players playing out of position here, rowe is a winger nothing else, shadbolt is a gv seconds struggler, Archibald has struggled to adapt, matt Clarke from tunga is just as good if not better than McMullan. players that would be in the mix for me: wellington Katunga, meylands and Gilmour waaia, orielly Katandra, maddinson dookie, Clarke hayes tunga,

runaround

Debutant
Aug 10, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Hearing there will be a heap out of the Katty side this week. 5 or so out with prior engagements and injury. Can you confirm Boosey?

Waaia lads will be happy if so.

Boosey Flyer

Debutant
Jan 24, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Not sure about that one runaround. Should be a great round of football looks like some good games my selections this week.
Dookie to break the ice with a 9 point win over Katandra
Katunga by 27 points over Rennie
Tungamah by 11 points in a cracker over Shepp-East
and Waaia by 17 points over Katty.

No Heart

Team Captain
Oct 15, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Collingwood
Not sure what is going on at Katunga, they let go the coach in 2012 after 5 wins to lure a big name coach for season 2013. Daniel Burness [ mind you never coached before] is appointed and a number of recruits, Wellington and Emmett from the GVFL, and a number more from the Murray Football League Congupna. Had a very disappointing year winning still only 5 games as in 2012? This year go out and recruit J Wellington from the GVFL and more recruits and yet still seem to be struggling, beaten by Tunga [ as everyone will] and Katty, fell over the line against Dookie. The swans need, have to, make finals this season or surely they need to have a serious look at who's at the helm at the club.

MrCopezz

Debutant
Feb 3, 2013
WaggaWagga
AFL Club
Essendon
Not sure what is going on at Katunga, they let go the coach in 2012 after 5 wins to lure a big name coach for season 2013. Daniel Burness [ mind you never coached before] is appointed and a number of recruits, Wellington and Emmett from the GVFL, and a number more from the Murray Football League Congupna. Had a very disappointing year winning still only 5 games as in 2012? This year go out and recruit J Wellington from the GVFL and more recruits and yet still seem to be struggling, beaten by Tunga [ as everyone will] and Katty, fell over the line against Dookie. The swans need, have to, make finals this season or surely they need to have a serious look at who's at the helm at the club.
No doubt they are struggling and should have more success than they are experiencing at the moment, but I'm sure Burness is aware of that and is working on it. I wouldn't be calling for the axe as of yet, No coach could come from last to top 3 in 2 years (with in a reasonable budget) In then PDFL SE. I'm pretty sure the club is heading in the right direction and will be playing finals soon

surprisepackage

Debutant
Sep 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

the problem for katunga is that even tho they are recruiting and getting better, so are the top sides. so unless sides like shepp east and tungamah lose a lot of players and dont gain what they lose katunga will always be in the same situation

Boosey Flyer

Debutant
Jan 24, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Can Katamatite challenge Tungamah this week it all seems to easy at this stage for the Bears after Tungamah the comp looks very close.

MrCopezz

Debutant
Feb 3, 2013
WaggaWagga
AFL Club
Essendon
Lets get a bit happening on here who wants to have a go at the top 10 players at the moment in our league
While I am ever so busy at work I quickly whipped up players that first come to mind that I rate highly in general, and that are having a good year so far!

McCarty (w)
Butts (T)
Osbourne (SE)
Frappell (SE)
James (T)
Doyle (T)
J.Aynsley (SE)
Hallam (Katty)
McMullen (D)
T.Jones (T)

Boosey Flyer

Debutant
Jan 24, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Good work MrCopezz i am also very busy at work and here is my 10 at this stage

Butts (T)
McCarty(W)
Maddison (D)
James (T)
Osborne (SE)
Mcmullen (D)
G Meyland (W)
Hallam (Katty)
Doyle (T)
T Jones (T)

MrCopezz

Debutant
Feb 3, 2013
WaggaWagga
AFL Club
Essendon

Butts (T)
McCarty(W)
Maddison (D)
James (T)
Osborne (SE)
Mcmullen (D)
G Meyland (W)
Hallam (Katty)
Doyle (T)
T Jones (T)

Nice list there too!
Leaving Frappell out though? Top 5 in the league Best and Fairest the last 5 years running... (including 1 win)
G.Meyland is a good inclusion though! :thumbsu:
Be good if all played interleague! be worth watching

marcopolo

Senior List
Jan 15, 2012
shepparton
AFL Club
Sydney
While I am ever so busy at work I quickly whipped up players that first come to mind that I rate highly in general, and that are having a good year so far!

McCarty (w)
Butts (T)
Osbourne (SE)
Frappell (SE)
James (T)
Doyle (T)
J.Aynsley (SE)
Hallam (Katty)
McMullen (D)
T.Jones (T)
bit bias towards family mr copezz. A .dodd bit stiff?? think nick doyle would have to be around the top after 2 league medals? C.powell from tunga to and d.o,reilly at katland. all depends who u play for or support generally a few of them make the list i.e shepp east??

MrCopezz

Debutant
Feb 3, 2013
WaggaWagga
AFL Club
Essendon
bit bias towards family mr copezz. A .dodd bit stiff?? think nick doyle would have to be around the top after 2 league medals? C.powell from tunga to and d.o,reilly at katland. all depends who u play for or support generally a few of them make the list i.e shepp east??
who was I bias towards?

yeah unfortunately Dodd misses out? who would you take out for Dodd, Powwel and O'Reilly and why?

jppk

Draftee
Apr 17, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

Butts (T)
McCarty(W)
Maddison (D)
James (T)
Osborne (SE)
Mcmullen (D)
G Meyland (W)
Hallam (Katty)
Doyle (T)
T Jones (T)

my top 3 from each club going by season so far:
Tungamah: l.james c.hicks t.jones
Katamatite: a.taylor j.younger j.hallam
sheppeast: r.frappel c.aynsley r.osbourne
waaia: m.mccarty g.meyland m.meyland
Katandra: l.minogue d.orielly b.briggs
Katunga: j.wellington d.sidebottom s.Emmett
dookie: p.mcmullan d.hueston m.madddinson
rennie harbrow sandral cunnington

top10
1. m.mccarty waaia
2. a.taylor Katamatite
3. p.mcmullan dookie
4. l.james tunga
5. j.wellington katunga
6. d.hueston dookie
7. g.meyland waaia
8. c.hicks tunga
9. r.frappel s.e
10. j.hallam Katamatite

lots of good player missing out. especially going by players on years gone by, or how good they were in there prime

THE SWAN

Rookie
May 2, 2007
UP s**t CREEK
AFL Club
Melbourne
my top 3 from each club going by season so far:
Tungamah: l.james c.hicks t.jones
Katamatite: a.taylor j.younger j.hallam
sheppeast: r.frappel c.aynsley r.osbourne
waaia: m.mccarty g.meyland m.meyland
Katandra: l.minogue d.orielly b.briggs
Katunga: j.wellington d.sidebottom s.Emmett
dookie: p.mcmullan d.hueston m.madddinson
rennie harbrow sandral cunnington

top10
1. m.mccarty waaia
2. a.taylor Katamatite
3. p.mcmullan dookie
4. l.james tunga
5. j.wellington katunga
6. d.hueston dookie
7. g.meyland waaia
8. c.hicks tunga
9. r.frappel s.e
10. j.hallam Katamatite

lots of good player missing out. especially going by players on years gone by, or how good they were in there prime

I don't know much about the other clubs but at Katunga best 3 Players would be === Josh Wellington , Jacob Hodgkin , Adam Hicks [ that's if you are going on form not just names ]

Boosey Flyer

Debutant
Jan 24, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
This weeks round of matches everyone's thoughts.My tips are
Tungamah by 43 points over Katamatite in a top of the table clash.
The much improved Katandra to get the points over Katunga by 11 points.
Dookie by 22 points over Rennie
and Shepp East to beat Waaia at home by 2 goals.

Uptheladder

Debutant
May 16, 2007
Up there, down here!!!
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just caught up on the scores from the weekend. Can anyone give me a rundown of the Katty v Tungamah game? Seems as though the Katty lads took it right up to the Bears but couldn't finish it off.

Boosey Flyer

Debutant
Jan 24, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Just caught up on the scores from the weekend. Can anyone give me a rundown of the Katty v Tungamah game? Seems as though the Katty lads took it right up to the Bears but couldn't finish it off.[/
Just caught up on the scores from the weekend. Can anyone give me a rundown of the Katty v Tungamah game? Seems as though the Katty lads took it right up to the Bears but couldn't finish it off.
QUOTE]

Boosey Flyer

Debutant
Jan 24, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Yes I was at the Katty game it was a great standard game Tungamahs old heads in Dodd and Archibald were the difference in the end.Tungamahs class probably showed out in the last 15 min of the game they did have chances to win by more I think they hit the post 5 times

o&m jets

Draftee
May 16, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What form? I haven't seen any form from katunga yet!
I don't know much about the other clubs but at Katunga best 3 Players would be === Josh Wellington , Jacob Hodgkin , Adam Hicks [ that's if you are going on form not just names ]

MrCopezz

Debutant
Feb 3, 2013
WaggaWagga
AFL Club
Essendon
What form? I haven't seen any form from katunga yet!
Ouch!....
I Defended them last week, but I don't think I can this week!

What does everyone think of Cobram's situation? No doubt they'll be heading our way soon!
if they did would it be good or bad?

GrassKat

Spec Moderator
Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Murchison-Toolamba FNC
Ouch!....
I Defended them last week, but I don't think I can this week!

What does everyone think of Cobram's situation? No doubt they'll be heading our way soon!
if they did would it be good or bad?

Probably a bit premature to say Cobram will be headed to PDFL. But they do appear to be struggling to compete at Murray League standard this year.

MrCopezz

Debutant
Feb 3, 2013
WaggaWagga
AFL Club
Essendon
Probably a bit premature to say Cobram will be headed to PDFL. But they do appear to be struggling to compete at Murray League standard this year.

That's what Bigfooty users said to me at the end of last year when I said it about Tocumwal?

But yes it is early, but by soon I mean 2 or 3 years... would it be good or bad to have another team in our league? I'm sure players would appreciate the extra bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back