Not open for further replies.

marcopolo

Senior List
Jan 15, 2012
shepparton
AFL Club
Sydney
d
That's what Bigfooty users said to me at the end of last year when I said it about Tocumwal?

But yes it is early, but by soon I mean 2 or 3 years... would it be good or bad to have another team in our league? I'm sure players would appreciate the extra bye
don't think you will find cobram leaving the murray league.. just last year Barooga was a mess now they premership contenders and im sure cobram would be saving a fair amount of $$$$ this year and will be working hard now to eye some recruits for next year.

MrCopezz

Debutant
Feb 3, 2013
WaggaWagga
AFL Club
Essendon
I hear there was a pretty serious off the ball incident between waiaa and Katunga yesterday, anyone got any details of what happened,who was involved?
I heard from a good sorce that coach Greg Meyland King hit a player from 50+ metres away from the play which resulted in a broken jaw, I heard he is also pressing charges (I'd assume he wants compensation for the cost of injury and his wage)

BUT this is NOT first hand information, I didn't see it or know exactly what happened. That is ONLY what I Heard.

Disappointing to hear if it is true!

ark n go

Team Captain
Jul 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Also heard it was Herbie and just heard it is a double break in the jaw. I haven't heard anything about charges.
Surely if he didn't get reported Katunga will ask the league to investigate.

MrCopezz

Debutant
Feb 3, 2013
WaggaWagga
AFL Club
Essendon
Hmmm, I'd reckon they would definitely request it be investigated and usually investigations lead to a 3 weeks minimum suspension (if found guilty). if found guilty the accused's clubs is up for the $500 investigation fee on top of old mate Nobby Gillespie's time to investigate both sides of the story and the witnesses...

You'd think the victim wouldn't want to pay for medicine bills and be out of pocket from work for the sake of a coward punch? I wonder what provoked it?

runaround

Debutant
Aug 10, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Hey Cobe. Hear that Fraps got reported? What happened and he can't have many weeks to go before he gets deregistered?

outsider000

Rookie
Oct 18, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
I heard from a good sorce that coach Greg Meyland King hit a player from 50+ metres away from the play which resulted in a broken jaw, I heard he is also pressing charges (I'd assume he wants compensation for the cost of injury and his wage)

BUT this is NOT first hand information, I didn't see it or know exactly what happened. That is ONLY what I Heard.

Disappointing to hear if it is true!
Yes I was out at this game and there was abit going on out there, Katunga guy looked is some big trouble with his jaw, but will clear something up because when a bloke is accused of a KING HIT its about as bad as it gets, but in this case they had a little scuffle off the ball and the Katunga bloke was well and truly toe to toe with him when the incident happen so KING HIT I don't think so. Not good all the same.

MrCopezz

Debutant
Feb 3, 2013
WaggaWagga
AFL Club
Essendon
Yes I was out at this game and there was abit going on out there, Katunga guy looked is some big trouble with his jaw, but will clear something up because when a bloke is accused of a KING HIT its about as bad as it gets, but in this case they had a little scuffle off the ball and the Katunga bloke was well and truly toe to toe with him when the incident happen so KING HIT I don't think so. Not good all the same.
So your saying it WASN'T a coward punch? it was a scuffle and Herb threw the first one? or the were both unleashing and Meyland landed one?

outsider000

Rookie
Oct 18, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
So your saying it WASN'T a coward punch? it was a scuffle and Herb threw the first one? or the were both unleashing and Meyland landed one?
Wasn't a coward punch, both were not unleashing, more so jumper grabbing and scuffing, then a couple of punches were thrown, first one missed 2nd one did not. I want you to know I don't think this is a good thing but this was not a KING HIT. I don't really support either teams in fact have gone and watch both sides play over the years to have a few beers and watch footy, I just really hate people being labelled as king hitters when it was more so a scuffle that a bloke has come off 2nd best. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

MrCopezz

Debutant
Feb 3, 2013
WaggaWagga
AFL Club
Essendon
Wasn't a coward punch, both were not unleashing, more so jumper grabbing and scuffing, then a couple of punches were thrown, first one missed 2nd one did not. I want you to know I don't think this is a good thing but this was not a KING HIT. I don't really support either teams in fact have gone and watch both sides play over the years to have a few beers and watch footy, I just really hate people being labelled as king hitters when it was more so a scuffle that a bloke has come off 2nd best. Hope he has a speedy recovery.
Yeah at no point did i call anyone a king hitter, hence why i made my comments very clear that it was only what i had heard. For everyone's sake i hope your right. and im glad you cleared a few things up so people don't speculate things and tarnished peoples names based on rumours.

Based on what you seen are you thinking a few weeks if any?

marcopolo

Senior List
Jan 15, 2012
shepparton
AFL Club
Sydney
meyland always been the same so no surprise there!! Would the club act and maybe stand him down until investigation is complete?? If a club wants to set a standard of whats expected on and off the field and the coach cant even toe the line then what hope do they have.. Hence only won 2 games this year when im sure more was expected of season 2014.. great to see Katandra really competitive this year although with tunga this week it could get messy. Dookie have really gone backwards this year and am hearing that big greigy may be struggling to get his players playin for him!!

outsider000

Rookie
Oct 18, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah at no point did i call anyone a king hitter, hence why i made my comments very clear that it was only what i had heard. For everyone's sake i hope your right. and im glad you cleared a few things up so people don't speculate things and tarnished peoples names based on rumours.

Based on what you seen are you thinking a few weeks if any?
Yes I think he will get weeks not sure how many, will most likely go on how bad injury is I suppose.

MrCopezz

Debutant
Feb 3, 2013
WaggaWagga
AFL Club
Essendon
Katunga would be mad to request an investigation if it was "more so a scuffle that a bloke has come off 2nd best". If the injured fella was just as involved and equally at fault the tribunal will not be backwards in coming forwards in given them both weeks suspension, (which would result in Katunga paying the investigation fee I assume, or at least some of)

will be interesting to see, I don't think we will know anything for 2 weeks to a month. So unless the club has imposed a in-house suspension he we be right to play until his hearing at the tribunal

MrCopezz

Debutant
Feb 3, 2013
WaggaWagga
AFL Club
Essendon
Why didn't you see it? All you do is stand in the goal square waiting for someone to kick you a sausage roll with sauce? & if you didn't see it cause you where hoeing into that sausage roll then surely 1 of your teammates if not the man himself tell you after the game what happened?? :p:D

I heard today from a Katty bloke that he "apparently" (not accusing anyone now are we Cop?) hit was the Tagger Ingham? Would make sense, Frapps hates a Tag....?
I don't sit in a square? i most certainly don't take the 6th best forward and sheep dog all day, And i think you'll find he took a 1 week set penalty (so very minor)... im sure the only tag you would of had is on your panties! So you wouldn't know anyway...

THE SWAN

Rookie
May 2, 2007
UP s**t CREEK
AFL Club
Melbourne

so who do you follow and what do you class as a king hit? [hitting some one from behind or hitting someone when there not expecting it] JUST TO CLARIFY WHAT A KING HIT IS

outsider000

Rookie
Oct 18, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
so who do you follow and what do you class as a king hit? [hitting some one from behind or hitting someone when there not expecting it] JUST TO CLARIFY WHAT A KING HIT IS
Swan I don't follow anyone at all moved to the Wunghnu area bout 5 years ago with my family, as they don't have a club anymore ive have been happy to go and watch the odd game around the district shepp, Numurkah, waaia, Katunga, Strathmerton dosent worry me where I go just as long as I get to watch a good game of footy. As for me on a KING HIT that to me is when some is hit from the back or the side without any chance of seeing it, what I saw on the weekend was the 2 guys in question jumper scragging for a start, meyland throw 1 missed him which the Katunga guy must have seen because he got out of the way but the waaia player landed the second one. That to me is not a KING HIT. But as I have said in my other post I DO NOT think it was good as the Katunga bloke looked like he was in a far bit of trouble and will most likely be out for a few weeks. Waaia bloke a hot head YES but KING HITTER no. IMO

MrCopezz

Debutant
Feb 3, 2013
WaggaWagga
AFL Club
Essendon
Okay, little word here; the personal name of users is NEVER to be used on the forums without that poster's permission.

I don't want to see it again, nor have to remind anyone of this, again.

Cut out the abuse too. First and only warning.
Here here. Now THAT is some good administration

Tips for the weekend anyone?

Wazza90

Debutant
Mar 30, 2008
down back
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If only i knew what?

How's everyone's thoughts on the season so far?
Each team has played each other now Comp seems pretty even besides Tungamah I feel at this stage.

Also how will the south east side go this week in the interleague game?
Anyone have a know the squad?

runaround

Debutant
Aug 10, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
How's everyone's thoughts on the season so far?
Each team has played each other now Comp seems pretty even besides Tungamah I feel at this stage.

Also how will the south east side go this week in the interleague game?
Anyone have a know the squad?

Well from what I hear the "squad" will go shocking if there preparation has anything to do with it. They had ONCE player show up and three officials. IMO that's is pathetic. Artical in the Shepp News today said the had a few call and say they couldn't make it. The coach didn't even show up. Great to see the league really ensuring that the clubs and players get behind it. If that's the way it's going to be run they shouldn't do it at all. Waist if money and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back