Picola & District South East 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard the coach couldn't make it cos he didn't want to wreck his new hair do!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::D:D:D Apparently he had just given it a blow wave too!

All over big laugh fell to peer pressure sunday arvo so back to its old self now!! Shorter the hair the fitter u look??? nutta better shave his head:):rolleyes:

All over big laugh fell to peer pressure sunday arvo so back to its old self now!! Shorter the hair the fitter u look??? nutta better shave his head:):rolleyes:

You looked like one of the pointer sisters with that much volume. I think I saw a hint of mousse in there too. Anyway, Sounds like the grass hopper train is getting some steam. Good luck to them as long as they don't roll the eagles:D.

Caught up with Waaia's big new recruit from the Blues on Sat morning and he is looking forward to playing in the league next year. He mentioned he has been pretty impressed with Herbie and the way he has approached recruiting and dealing with prospective players. Look out for the bombers this year. Especially if big Lukey gets fired and fit. Heard his round little mate Squeal was even doing a few trots to get in shape coz he wants to play with him. Season Number 18 or so for the little fella if he can get up. Good luck to him coz this year I'll be able to hurtle abuse and comic relief at him whilst his little stumpy legs are rolling around on Sat arvo.

As for fence, you hit the nail on the head, always dangerous getting caught in a one for one with the goon swilling midfielder. I saw the medalist on the golf course Fri night and he was pretty upbeat about the coming season.

Hope everyone has a good festive season and ruturn safe & sound for a huge 2011. And Wash can you pass on an apology already for Jan as I'll be heading over to the coast for some well earned R & R on the prestine beaches of the south coast. Maybe have a run with the Eden Whalers for old times sake. Bring back a few drills for the coaching staff. I saw this awesome drill called the pivot a few years back.:thumbsu: Maybe the eagle can integrate it into their regime?

rennies coach seems to be the one with all the connections thats why they are getting all these players. Daniel mangen who plays like a mixture of jeff hogg and wayne carey will impress and is also trying to get a few premiship teamates from spotswood to come join him, so if he has his way they could get a few more recruits

At least we've still got a photo for the memories to have a laugh every now and then . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and to enlarge it onto an A1 poster and hang it in the clubrooms so that everyone else can have a laugh. Geez it was a crap hair do!:D:D:D

Don't worry about nutta or should we say Sergeant, he'll get his usual army cut before he heads off on hols.

:mad:
rennies coach seems to be the one with all the connections thats why they are getting all these players. Daniel mangen who plays like a mixture of jeff hogg and wayne carey will impress and is also trying to get a few premiship teamates from spotswood to come join him, so if he has his way they could get a few more recruits

haha rennie really talkin it up now with a wayne carey type player runnin around for them!! Need the other teams turn up this year???
anyone for a stab in the dark at the premiership odds this far out??

Rennie $2.75
Shepp East $3.50
Tungamah $5.50 Dookie $5.50
Katandra Waaia $8.00
Katunga $21
Kattamatite $67
there,s my estimates but im sure things could change as havent heard much out of dookie and eagles are looking to add a few more quality players after xmas but rennie seem to be going all out in 2011 and good on them great for the club and leauge!!!:D

:mad:

haha rennie really talkin it up now with a wayne carey type player runnin around for them!! Need the other teams turn up this year???
anyone for a stab in the dark at the premiership odds this far out??

Rennie $2.75
Shepp East $3.50
Tungamah $5.50 Dookie $5.50
Katandra Waaia $8.00
Katunga $21
Kattamatite $67
there,s my estimates but im sure things could change as havent heard much out of dookie and eagles are looking to add a few more quality players after xmas but rennie seem to be going all out in 2011 and good on them great for the club and leauge!!!:D

don't think it's rennie talking it up - more likely the mates of mango plus the shepp east boys who would love to have another club out there as flag favourites to take the pressure off. nice comparison with carey but i'm bot real sure about the benefits of being compared with jeff hogg! i think its news to the rennie blokes if mango is bringing some mates too but i reckon they'll take 'em.

pretty good premiership odds giveitawash. but i'd swap rennie with shepp east. lets not forget that shepp east were undefeated in both grades and have lost bugger all. the eagles boys i've chatted to are very keen to go back to back. lets not forget rennie came 4th, were bundled out in the first week, and have lost their b&f. the new recruits will certainly plug that gap but premiership favourtism is a big call. tunga and dookie fair odds but things may change once their actual gains and losses are confirmed. and a mate from numurkah confirmed to me yesterday that waaia have drawn some top recruits from his club, and should be right back up there next year.

don't think it's rennie talking it up - more likely the mates of mango plus the shepp east boys who would love to have another club out there as flag favourites to take the pressure off. nice comparison with carey but i'm bot real sure about the benefits of being compared with jeff hogg! i think its news to the rennie blokes if mango is bringing some mates too but i reckon they'll take 'em.

pretty good premiership odds giveitawash. but i'd swap rennie with shepp east. lets not forget that shepp east were undefeated in both grades and have lost bugger all. the eagles boys i've chatted to are very keen to go back to back. lets not forget rennie came 4th, were bundled out in the first week, and have lost their b&f. the new recruits will certainly plug that gap but premiership favourtism is a big call. tunga and dookie fair odds but things may change once their actual gains and losses are confirmed. and a mate from numurkah confirmed to me yesterday that waaia have drawn some top recruits from his club, and should be right back up there next year.

plays like carey looks like jeff hogg

:D
You looked like one of the pointer sisters with that much volume. I think I saw a hint of mousse in there too. Anyway, Sounds like the grass hopper train is getting some steam. Good luck to them as long as they don't roll the eagles:D.

Caught up with Waaia's big new recruit from the Blues on Sat morning and he is looking forward to playing in the league next year. He mentioned he has been pretty impressed with Herbie and the way he has approached recruiting and dealing with prospective players. Look out for the bombers this year. Especially if big Lukey gets fired and fit. Heard his round little mate Squeal was even doing a few trots to get in shape coz he wants to play with him. Season Number 18 or so for the little fella if he can get up. Good luck to him coz this year I'll be able to hurtle abuse and comic relief at him whilst his little stumpy legs are rolling around on Sat arvo.

As for fence, you hit the nail on the head, always dangerous getting caught in a one for one with the goon swilling midfielder. I saw the medalist on the golf course Fri night and he was pretty upbeat about the coming season.

Hope everyone has a good festive season and ruturn safe & sound for a huge 2011. And Wash can you pass on an apology already for Jan as I'll be heading over to the coast for some well earned R & R on the prestine beaches of the south coast. Maybe have a run with the Eden Whalers for old times sake. Bring back a few drills for the coaching staff. I saw this awesome drill called the pivot a few years back.:thumbsu: Maybe the eagle can integrate it into their regime?

Gee nutta I wouldn't be to quick to slag off at old squeal, your diet of beer and ice cream for 3 weeks could have you coming back looking like his brother.

Rennie $2.75 - IF ALL THE HYPE IS TRU - THE COUPLE THEY HAVE ADDED ON TOP OF BEING IN THE MIX THIS YEAR HOLDS THEM IN GOOD STEAD
Shepp East $3.50 - B/C THEY HAVE LOST SOME OLD HEADS IN TRIGGA & MAHNS - CULLINAN BACK INTO TOWN AS WELL.
Tungamah $5.50 - FEW OUTS OUTWEIGH FEW INS
Katandra Waaia $6.00 - KATS ARE ALWAYS THERE ABOUTS & BOMBERS ARE COMING FROM A FAIR WAY BACK EVEN WITH GOOD IN'S
Dookie $10 - QUIET, BUT EVERYTHING WOULD HAVE TO GO RIGHT - RETIREES - PAYNEY, KENDALL, LUDEMAN?, CAMPBELL - TOO HARD TO COVER WITH THEIR LIST
Katunga $53.5 - SLIGHT IMPROVERS BUT LONG WAY BACK
Kattamatite $100 - REGRETTABLY HEADING SOUTH THIS YEAR

FOR WHAT ITS WORTH, SHOW, I PREFER LICORICE ICE CREAM (I THINK YOU KNOW THAT TOO) AND LOTS OF IT.

MERRY XMAS AND I HOPE SANTA BRINGS FROSTY SOME KICKING ABILITY FOR CHRISTMAS:D:D:D!

pretty good premiership odds giveitawash. but i'd swap rennie with shepp east. lets not forget that shepp east were undefeated in both grades and have lost bugger all. the eagles boys i've chatted to are very keen to go back to back. lets not forget rennie came 4th, were bundled out in the first week, and have lost their b&f. the new recruits will certainly plug that gap but premiership favourtism is a big call. tunga and dookie fair odds but things may change once their actual gains and losses are confirmed. and a mate from numurkah confirmed to me yesterday that waaia have drawn some top recruits from his club, and should be right back up there next year.[/quote]

i think i agree with plague here, shepp east were outstanding last year, noone could get near them. and as they have been right up the top ever since they joined the league, i would expect another top showing,
from what i can gather rennie still had a lot of improving to do. and i hope they dont go too hard just in one year, and all jump off the next.
i still believe tunga deserve to be 2nd favourite as they have been a power house the last three years under doddy, and should still have the desire to win another one.
havent heard much out of dookie or the kats, but was talking to derek hall a couple of months ago, and he said dan orielly will be a really good leader and a handy centre half back. and the kats are a really modern day side with there speed and ball carry.
katty look in big trouble, no hype! seems like noone wanted to coach them.. i hope they can find a xmas miracle and santa drops off 1/2 dozen good players too them, because they are a super club in a small town.
waaia seeem to be slipping under the radar, talk of them picking up some really good players but have not herd any conformation. missing finals last year for the first time in well......... ever, would have been a real shock. under the black prince i would expect them to be brewing something up.
at swannie land hearing good and bad. the good is, they have recruioted well, the bad of that the douglas brothers have already pissed everone off. herd a few handy young ones gone too billabong crows.

my tips with no odds
shepp east
tunga
katandra
rennie
waaia
dookie
katunga
katamatite

Yes agree. There was a significant gap betwwen Shep E and the rest. I think the standard of the competition this year will be exceptionally high looking at the various recruits of Rennie, Waaia (a few from Numurkah Cowan, Baker, Hopkins, Collins) and even last years cellar dwellers Katunga. Also the teams that have been consistently up there will once again be strong! eg Shepp East, Tunga, Katandra, Dookie. Looks like Katamatite may struggle a bit but they will bounce back. Heard there is a fair bit of water to go under the bridge before Cowan(Numurkah to waaia) will be cleared although I cant see it ending up in court as some are suggesting! Imagine a financial settlement would take place between Num and Waaia in regard to incurred costs getting him to Nka. I would have to say at this stage Shepp East will remain my flag favourite.
The big improvers will be Waaia, Katunga and Rennie. All have a recruited numerous high quality players. This leads me to the question. How does the S.E PDFL compare with the MFL?

Yes agree. There was a significant gap betwwen Shep E and the rest. I think the standard of the competition this year will be exceptionally high looking at the various recruits of Rennie, Waaia (a few from Numurkah Cowan, Baker, Hopkins, Collins) and even last years cellar dwellers Katunga. Also the teams that have been consistently up there will once again be strong! eg Shepp East, Tunga, Katandra, Dookie. Looks like Katamatite may struggle a bit but they will bounce back. Heard there is a fair bit of water to go under the bridge before Cowan(Numurkah to waaia) will be cleared although I cant see it ending up in court as some are suggesting! Imagine a financial settlement would take place between Num and Waaia in regard to incurred costs getting him to Nka. I would have to say at this stage Shepp East will remain my flag favourite.
The big improvers will be Waaia, Katunga and Rennie. All have a recruited numerous high quality players. This leads me to the question. How does the S.E PDFL compare with the MFL?

The gap has closed over the past few years. Shepp East would do very well in the MFL!

Had a cuppla Froffies with my Bro over the Xmas break and he was reading the local rag and reckons the big bloke Rennie have locked onto from Spotswood will be very hard to contain. From what he said Spotswood was a pretty handy side and this guys was part of the reason why. Look out all you backman - a challenge awaits - which is great for these guys to get an opportunity to have a crack at an opponent of such ilk (if the hype is right)

PS - I know Snackers wouldn't be too impressed with the Cowman heading out to Bomberland with all the work the did to get him down to the Blues last year.

Looking forward to the year starting to crank up shortly as clubs resume in the new year. Sounds like the standard is gunna be pretty high. Good for country footy - PFL SE is in good health. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good pick up for shep east he will kick more then 60 goals there any more players joining the eagles?

Daniel bye from kattie going to shep east good pick will kick lots of goals there 2 playing for a good side

Gee Katty must have lost alot of players now. Would have to be at least 6 or 7 from there starting 18 from last year!!
Have they picked up anyone?? Or going to play the younger fellas? There twos were handy last year dont no how many of those guys could play ones though.

Seems not much talk out of dookie or katandra does anyone know how they are travelling? any new players??

have heard that they will be better than last year with some quality in's from numurkah and one from barooga, but needed 5-6 good players as they were a fair way off the pace last year.

I read a post a little while back that numurkah will make it hard for cowan to go to waaia, for numurkah's sake they would want to have made him sign a contract, because the vcfl have made it very easy to get players from othere clubs these day, if he didnt sign any contract then it will just be classed as "GOOD WILL" i think... and he wont need to pay them anything back.

i think i agree with plague here, shepp east were outstanding last year, noone could get near them. and as they have been right up the top ever since they joined the league, i would expect another top showing,
from what i can gather rennie still had a lot of improving to do. and i hope they dont go too hard just in one year, and all jump off the next.
i still believe tunga deserve to be 2nd favourite as they have been a power house the last three years under doddy, and should still have the desire to win another one.
havent heard much out of dookie or the kats, but was talking to derek hall a couple of months ago, and he said dan orielly will be a really good leader and a handy centre half back. and the kats are a really modern day side with there speed and ball carry.
katty look in big trouble, no hype! seems like noone wanted to coach them.. i hope they can find a xmas miracle and santa drops off 1/2 dozen good players too them, because they are a super club in a small town.
waaia seeem to be slipping under the radar, talk of them picking up some really good players but have not herd any conformation. missing finals last year for the first time in well......... ever, would have been a real shock. under the black prince i would expect them to be brewing something up.
at swannie land hearing good and bad. the good is, they have recruioted well, the bad of that the douglas brothers have already pissed everone off. herd a few handy young ones gone too billabong crows.

my tips with no odds
shepp east
tunga
katandra
rennie
waaia
dookie
katunga
katamatite[/quote]

I heard this as well, is it true, have come into the club and upset everyone.

Rennie finished 4 or 5 last year and to say they are going to finish there again after recruiting the type of players the have is a big call, I'm not saying they are going to win the flag but you will see an improvment on last year, I still think shep east are the ones to beat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back