Not open for further replies.
South East – GRAND Final at BAROOGA _ SATURDAY

Home Rooms Visitors

8.20 Under 14’s Tungamah Shepparton East
9.50 Under 17’s Katunga Shepparton East
11.30 Reserves Tungamah Shepparton East
2.00 Seniors Rennie Shepparton East

Central Umpires Under 14’s
Stephen Black (Katandra) & Richard Trimby (Waaia)

2011 - Seniors South East
Luke
COWAN
Waaia

Nicholas
Doyle
Tungamah

Mathew
Kitto
Dookie United

Paul
Collins
Waaia

Joshua
Woods
Rennie

Ricky
Frappell
Shepparton East

Hayden
Best
Shepparton East

Adam
Dodd
Tungamah

Chase
Strawhorn
Rennie

2011 - Reserves South East
Daniel
Ellis
Tungamah

Brett
Harvey
Tungamah

Craig
Frauenfelder
Rennie

Corey
Wilson
Katandra

David
Jenkins
Katunga

Harrison
O'Reilly
Waaia

Simon
Berry
Dookie United

Ross
Hopkins
Katandra

Dylan
Sheppard
Shepparton East

ALL I WILL SAY IS HANGANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN MANGANNNNNNNN. I sent out a warning early that this bloke takes teams to premiship glory. All that time making the boys watch remember the titans and miracle, not to mention taking his dog coco down for inspiration has paid off. well done rennie boys you werent bluffing no one shep east!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well congrats go to the Hoppers on Sat. They were no doubt the grinners come 5 o'clock.
The one thing that stood out from where I sat was Rennies eveness around the ground. The eagles had only a few of winners on the day and Rennie took the points in the majority of the other possies.
Talk about standing up when it matters, J.Wild's last half was fairly handy and I though the Eagles coach's 3rd term was one of the better ones I've seen him play. You could argue that playing behind the ball is an easy kick, but it's not as easy as it looks especially against a hoppers outfit that were up and about. A few goals in red time at the end of the 3rd put them in good stead heading into the last stanza. No doubt the eagles would have been rueing the couple of missed chances early in the 3rd when they had all the play. But thats footy. Take your chances when you get 'em.
Towards the end you could just see the old heads in the Rennie line up just did what they needed to do when they need to do it. Nothing flash, just get the job done. Which they did.
It was a pretty low scoring affair thanks partly to the conditions, but I think both defensive units worked there back sides off all day so well done to both back sixes as it was a real battle.
Well done to all concerned this year as the comp was the tightest for a long time. Lets hope it all happens again next year.:thumbsu:

On a side note I see Dookie has advertised for coaches across the board. Is Feldts going around again or is this something they do every year? Snake may fill me in. If he doesn't coach will he stay on and play?

H.Best eagles B & F this year - had a great year leading from the front
D.Gillespie R/Up
D. Ozzie 3rd

Pretty right I reckon. Frosty can feel robbed!!!:D

You must be the bloke who spit shines them up for him b4 the game u seem pretty keen on the big fella........ I love the toughness he shows but throwing elbows is a joke. hopefully Rennie get the $1000 a week for him next year becuse i cant see to many more people letting him get away with it.

But well done to the other Rennie boys :)

Yes boys, happy days at Rennie. A HUGE night on Saturday, an even bigger day yesterday and they're still firing today. A good summary Ramnuts. Both backlines were great but the class of old Wildman, Josh Woods and Tyson Ednie was probabaly the difference. Osborne was stiff not to get BOG and Gillespie did the job on Strawhorny. The Shepp boys showed some class in defeat. Not too sure about your crack at the Mango brownsnake. 1000 bucks a week? That wouldn't even pay for one of his elbows...... There was a bit of s#%t going both ways but it was a granny. The headbutt by one of the eagles (I wont name him) will look great on the dvd. A few boys planning to retire. Wildy, Shane Forge and Ash Thomson - what a way for them to finish. Great footy careers the lot of them. Rennie were down only 2 years ago. Won 1 game and sacked the coach by June. Shows what can happen for a club with a fair bit of hard work and some luck.

Yes boys, happy days at Rennie. A HUGE night on Saturday, an even bigger day yesterday and they're still firing today. A good summary Ramnuts. Both backlines were great but the class of old Wildman, Josh Woods and Tyson Ednie was probabaly the difference. Osborne was stiff not to get BOG and Gillespie did the job on Strawhorny. The Shepp boys showed some class in defeat. Not too sure about your crack at the Mango brownsnake. 1000 bucks a week? That wouldn't even pay for one of his elbows...... There was a bit of s#%t going both ways but it was a granny. The headbutt by one of the eagles (I wont name him) will look great on the dvd. A few boys planning to retire. Wildy, Shane Forge and Ash Thomson - what a way for them to finish. Great footy careers the lot of them. Rennie were down only 2 years ago. Won 1 game and sacked the coach by June. Shows what can happen for a club with a fair bit of hard work and some luck.

AND A LOT OF MONEY! But hey if they can afford it.. Then go with it.. Congrats to the wild man..:thumbsu:

Ha ha didn't take long for the $ comments. Can they afford to keep going? A good spring and a nice harvest will see to that. Anyway, don't let that worry you. Will keep most of the team. 3 or 4 retirements and Loch Howe might/should play at a higher level. A few prospective recruits already on the go but now that we've got a flag I am not sure if they will be as motivated to get on board. 4 or 5 kids were blooded and they will be motivated to get some more matches next year. I guess some recruits see the opportunity to get on board a team in with a chance to win one while others might see it as mission accomplished - they might be more inclined to head to a club like Waaia who are building for a tilt. Yes, it will be interesting to see how the hoppers react to being the hunted. 7 other clubs wouldn't mind being in this position at the moment .... Let the silly season begin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good effort by Rennie. Admitted to the league in 2009. Elimination Finalists in 2010 and Premiers in 2011.

Looked like a big mistake back in 2009 to join the league, but with them being the northern-most club in our comp, they have now almost become another Yarrawonga-Mulwala team. By that I mean players in the border towns see playing for Rennie as an attractive alternative as the amount of travel is relatively small, compared to O&M, O&K and Murray League footy. For this reason Rennie should be able to keep up at a competitive standard for many years - even if rumoured spending is reduced.

This also holds true for Tungamah who have experienced a greater amount of success since leaving the TFL and join a comp that is more geographically friendly attract Yarra-Mul recruits - and the their local boys who can continue to commute 'back home' since moving to Yarra for work etc.

I propose that if Rennie were in the North West division they would not have been able to assemble the quality side they did, due to the amount of travel.

All in all a good sign for the league. Except for Katunga, all SE teams have experienced a Senior flag (or two) since 2001. Again well done to Rennie and I am sure the rumour mill is just warming up for 2012.

Removed a few posts...

This is a forum for discussing footy happenings. Some of you blokes are taking it a bit far. Not a place to air dirty laundry, etc.

The posts I deleted referred to:

Rennie players calling the Eagles nest to make sure they knew the result of the GF.

Mangan's use of elbows in the GF.

Sorry if i upset anyone bout the elbows comment was just commenting on what i saw at the game........ to me that is footy happenings. but on another note bout Dookie placing a add bout coaches in 2012 i think its just the club way to do things after a poor year.

Feldtman lives over the road so it would be very handy to stick around but who knows hopefully he still gets the job.

With all the crap past us how bout some new topics.

Story of the Year Coby Ansley has to be it broken shoulder blade in 2010 granny told never to play again but he pulled through.

Biggest Disappointment:
1 to me is Dookie had a win over every team in the comp showed good form and looked close to top 3 but just fell away at the end.

2: playing PDFL finals at other leagues grounds if we play there all year it should be good enough for finals.

2012 Ladder Prediction
Rennie
Waaia
Dookie
Shepp east

Katandra
Tungamah
Katunga
Katty

Sorry if i upset anyone bout the elbows comment was just commenting on what i saw at the game........ to me that is footy happenings. but on another note bout Dookie placing a add bout coaches in 2012 i think its just the club way to do things after a poor year.

Feldtman lives over the road so it would be very handy to stick around but who knows hopefully he still gets the job.

With all the crap past us how bout some new topics.

Story of the Year Coby Ansley has to be it broken shoulder blade in 2010 granny told never to play again but he pulled through.

Biggest Disappointment:
1 to me is Dookie had a win over every team in the comp showed good form and looked close to top 3 but just fell away at the end.

2: playing PDFL finals at other leagues grounds if we play there all year it should be good enough for finals.

2012 Ladder Prediction
Rennie
Waaia
Dookie
Shepp east

Katandra
Tungamah
Katunga
Katty

Significantly underlining circumstances where behind the moving of finals to non PDFL grounds , but hey was it really that bad , the granny surface was spot on, undoubtedly as good as any within the PDFL, neutral venue , huge crowd, limited security costs , heaps of parking , s**t hot I think !

Significantly underlining circumstances where behind the moving of finals to non PDFL grounds , but hey was it really that bad , the granny surface was spot on, undoubtedly as good as any within the PDFL, neutral venue , huge crowd, limited security costs , heaps of parking , s**t hot I think !

Spot on comments. I can't think of anything (facilities, catering, crowd) that wasn't excellent on the day. Didn't appear to be any problems in the crowd and not having to rope off the drinkers in the one spot worked. A few clubs also were involved in catering so there was a bit of $ to go around. There is some "romance" in having the GF at a PDFL ground but I think the success of last Saturday would encourage the PDFL Executive to pencil in Barooga again for 2012.

Gypsy Kennedy coaching Katamatite. That's the story going around. Good footy person but not sure if this will get them off the bottom of the ladder.
Another one was Doddy leaving Tunga and heading to Mulwala. But the Tallangatta forum is indicating Doddy to coach Wahgunyah. BIG loss to the bears if true.

Gypsy Kennedy coaching Katamatite. That's the story going around. Good footy person but not sure if this will get them off the bottom of the ladder.
Another one was Doddy leaving Tunga and heading to Mulwala. But the Tallangatta forum is indicating Doddy to coach Wahgunyah. BIG loss to the bears if true.

He has been a pretty successful coach in his time coaching taking them to a couple of grand finals and winning one, might be able to bring back some locals which have left over the previous years.
Thought they would have gone for more a playing coach though with the really young list of players they have.

Heard the other day timmy feldtman will not coach at dookie next year, didnt re apply. Hopefully we can still keep him on as a player.

Also heard dyl sidebottom from tally is heading to katty as an assistant.

Non playing coaches are a bit of a tricky one. Gypsy is probably still involved enough to have some contacts outside of katty that they can target. No doubt he is well loved in the club, but I agree that I thought they would've tried someone from outside and a playing coach at that. That being said, there may not be anything in their prcie range at this time and as a club they need to be responsible in that regard.

It would be a huge loss to the league to lose a player the calibre of Dodd. I reckon he has given the Bears some quality service. I heard that Payne had taken the reigns out there and no doubt would be doing everything to keep the champ, but he may need a new challenge after coaching and a new league may offer that. If the Payne whisper is true, good luck to him out there as we have played against each other many times and I always rated his competitiveness and better still his ability to have a chat and a quiet one after the game.:thumbsu: Did hear that maybe Sidey might be looking to move back a little closer to home to play as well.

Saw the Eagles boys mingling with a well respected MFL player last week at the GV game. I'm sure a few of the current Eagles boys would've been in the ear of their old team mate to try and get him out to the nest for 2012!!

Also heard Dook's may have made contact with the 'other' Osborne to see if he was interested on trying to achieve what his brother did out on the hills back in '07. After Cobram imploding again, he may be looking for a move. I do recall reading that he had recommitted to the Tigers for next year, but the summer could throw up some suprises????

What leauge is that in??? Interesting now for payne as he would have hoped to build around dodd in the guts!! Huge loss there and maybe that might make a few others leave who knows!!

Wahgunyah are in the Tallangatta and District League (TDFL) and the murmours around are that yes, a few might follow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back