Autopsy Pies Fans Booing Sam Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Piss poor umpiring, **** me i was livid at the ground, cost us a two goal turnaround after cloke pushed Duryea in the face (CAN IT BE MORE MOTHER******* OBVIOUS UMPIRE!!!!) just when we were possibly about to blow the game open. Their ump favouritism saved them from an 8-10 goal loss imo.

I'm expecting the umpiring department to come out and declare that one a mistake. And then to say "Oh well, at least it didn't cost them the game". No, but it could have with the momentum shift it caused.

Piss poor umpiring, **** me i was livid at the ground, cost us a two goal turnaround after cloke pushed Duryea in the face (CAN IT BE MORE MOTHER******* OBVIOUS UMPIRE!!!!) just when we were possibly about to blow the game open. Their ump favouritism saved them from an 8-10 goal loss imo.

A bad call is even worse than a bad non-call. Blair's free and subsequent goal fits this category. An absolute howler!

Did anyone notice the Collingwood supporters 'BOOOOED' every single decision that went the Hawks way, yelled 'BAAAAALLL' at every single tackle regardless of whether the ball had been disposed of or not, and called for 'FIIIFFFFTY!!' at every single mark or free kick awarded to them, even when a Hawthorn player was nowhere near the play..?

To hear them afterwards complaining about the umpiring and Cyril apparently ducking all game has convinced me that a lot of them have real trouble understanding the game altogether and the basic rules.

A few Collingwood fans in my area were sledging Mitchell for being a sniper between boos.

I doubt there was a single reason they all booed. Probably a bit of herd (not hird) mentality behind it.

Did anyone notice the Collingwood supporters 'BOOOOED' every single decision that went the Hawks way, yelled 'BAAAAALLL' at every single tackle regardless of whether the ball had been disposed of or not, and called for 'FIIIFFFFTY!!' at every single mark or free kick awarded to them, even when a Hawthorn player was nowhere near the play..?

To hear them afterwards complaining about the umpiring and Cyril apparently ducking all game has convinced me that a lot of them have real trouble understanding the game altogether and the basic rules.
Wasn't there on Friday night but I also notice that from previous games that most Collingwood supporters must think that they're entitled to a free kick no matter what the circumstance. It's almost comical.

Thats a pet hate of mine in the AFL modern era, these players need to be taught how to f ing handball, so many throws are allowed and pissweak handballs. Back when i was taught if you didnt handball it properly it was a throw, and we were taught that the hand holding the ball had to be stationery none of this throwing over the head or throwing out sideways while making a fist at the ball to make it appear as is it was handballed. I just think about people watching it for the first time i doubt they could even tell that the players are not allowed to throw it.

When I played any handball over the head was declared a throw. I wonder how long before " chicken wing tackling" will be illegal. It's the pinning of the arm that's causing concussion.

Wasn't there on Friday night but I also notice that from previous games that most Collingwood supporters must think that they're entitled to a free kick no matter what the circumstance. It's almost comical.

You wouldnt really classify those people as supporters would you..........followers at best.

No objectivity, uninformed, little common sense and totally biased for "the cause".

The worst type of opposition supporters to sit anywhere near at a game.

They do it because there are generally more of them at the ground and they think after a while they will wear the umpires down into thinking they have had a bad run and they will get some charity frees. They call wolf.

Bit late to this convo but Collingwood's president spent much of his time after the Hawthorn v Adelaide game trying to convince everyone that Mitchell should be suspended for multiple weeks for deliberately corking Tex Walker. About the only people that tanty gained traction with was Collingwood supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit late to this convo but Collingwood's president spent much of his time after the Hawthorn v Adelaide game trying to convince everyone that Mitchell should be suspended for multiple weeks for deliberately corking Tex Walker. About the only people that tanty gained traction with was Collingwood supporters.

I must say I think Ed does more good than harm on equalisation so will cut him some slack.

Eddie Maguire: typical of the two-faced bastard.

I would never trust anything Maguire says or does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back