News Pies keen on Aish

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He is not coming. If he was even faintly interested he would have kicked up a fuss when we showed interest after Beams' dog act.

Plus, I am actually not that impressed with him.

This. I'm not yet convinced he'll live up to the hype. Will be a good player without question, how good is the query.

Have to think if he wanted to play for Collingwood he'd be here given we traded Beams to his club. You would think both Adelaide clubs would be hot for him. If he does want to come, it will cost us a bit. Hopefully no more than our first pick but sure as hell they will want more. I can't see what else we could/would offer. Not having much i9nterest in u18 footy, I'm sure about the first half dozen in the draft this year to know whether it would be a good deal or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he told pies he was leaving end of next and will come to us so we decided crisp levi were good for a season then we snagged him up??? Or to much orof a conspiracy

Maybe he told pies he was leaving end of next and will come to us so we decided crisp levi were good for a season then we snagged him up??? Or to much orof a conspiracy

It strikes me that Brisbane did not want to be seen to be a revolving door and hoped to convince Aish to stay. It also wouldn't have helped Aish to bump up his price as he had just one year under the belt.

It strikes me that Brisbane did not want to be seen to be a revolving door and hoped to convince Aish to stay. It also wouldn't have helped Aish to bump up his price as he had just one year under the belt.

Also agree. Let lions think thwy won the deal then bang real it in boys

Aish has outside polish whilst still being able to win his own ball. He is a more talented version of Broomhead. I'd love to see him at the Pies, but I'm skeptical of reports that he would go anywhere but Adelaide.

I could imagine a scenario where Brisbane would not entertain trading highly rated a first year player on a two year contract, regardless of whether he was interested. They've only just had an exodus of young talent including Polec, Longer and Docherty. Maybe Aish was considered an untouchable.

I would consider this rumour to be plausible until proven otherwise.

First pick would definitely (have to) be enough. I'd have my claws into Treloar before Aish but either of those would be good.

Of course, but Aish would still be a great addition to our SA squad.
I would be happy to trade our 1st pick for Aish and their 2nd pick.

I saw Aish in the game against the Lions,and he wasn't very impressive.Seemed a bit small and not overly quick.Don't we have enough of these sort of players already?If we're going to get someone from another club,we might as well go for Gold.Dangerfield.

First rounder?
He'll be out of contract, if we get him to nominate us (Beams style) it doesn't matter how many other clubs want him because he wants to come to us. They'll get a second rounder and a player. Otherwise they'll get nothing, he'll put a price on his head Luke Ball style and he'll come to us for nothing. Bobs your uncle.

Fewer and fewer players out of contract seem to nominate a city these days, even the "homesick" players nominate a specific club mostly.

First rounder?
He'll be out of contract, if we get him to nominate us (Beams style) it doesn't matter how many other clubs want him because he wants to come to us. They'll get a second rounder and a player. Otherwise they'll get nothing, he'll put a price on his head Luke Ball style and he'll come to us for nothing. Bobs your uncle.

Trust me, I like that but he probably is worth a 1st rounder. Especially if he backs up his 1st season with a good one this year.

I love the argy bargy and I want to see the tears from the Bears fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back