News Pies keen on Aish

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dangerfield wants to play finals... whichever club he signs with he can write his own check.

Fat chance of him leaving a top 4 team to come to Collingwood.

I'd say that the biggest motivating factor behind Dangerfield's decision for a potential move is to move back to Victoria, first and foremost. That stands to reason because, all other interstate clubs, from ALL REPORTS, a term that is often used loosely, are not in the frame.

Obviously money will play a role.

As for top four, I think given Collingwood's youth coming through, in the coming years, I expect this club to push for top four finishes.

Given Collingwood's salary cap, I expect us to be front-runners if he decides to leave, and he will be leaving, again as I said, first and foremost, to be living in Victoria.

He could buy a house in Yarraville and be a stone's throw away from Anglesea. Collingwood will probably be his end destination if he leaves. All things considered IMO.

Jeez that article by Rucci is terrible. Even by the standards of footy journo puff pieces. Says at the outset its all his imagination...

That said, hope it's right. Make Danger a Pie!

Dangerfield wants to play finals... whichever club he signs with he can write his own check.

Did you predict Adealide would be a top four team at the start of the year or just calling them one now in hindsight? If Danger was at Collingwood we'd be 3 zip, not the Crows, and therefore a "top four team" (as if the ladder really matters after three rounds).

If he wants to come home to Victoria he will field all offers. Collingwood is closer to finals and a flag than our other main rival for his services, Geelong. So if finals are his motivation we are not without a chance.

Geelong would surely still be front runners if he came to Victoria.

I'm not too sure on that now. Finals may be a factor, if finals are not a factor, then Geelong are no doubt front runners.

If Dangerfield wants to play finals, he won't go there. Geelong are going to be out of the eight for the next few years IMO.

Never said he was off just said 'may' and when the same poster is undoubtedly a rello of said player being the one dropping hints it makes people wonder.

My whole point was dont gloat too soon when we have a player rumoured to be about the "money/job" not the "love" or playing for a big club fandom etc" and is from SA.

You can think what you want but I seen enough of these unsuibstantiated rumours turn out to be 100% on the money to be niave enough to just dismiss it without a second thought especially when it comes from a poster who has leaked correct info before. EVen then he never said he was off rather hinted at the fact it is a possiblilty.
So before you squeal that I and others are pissing in your cornflakes get it right, I am not saying HE will leave I am saying he is a CHANCE to leave and have my reservations. As I have stated repeatedly hopefully he stays and signs on for 3 years next time.
Never said he was off just said 'may' and when the same poster is undoubtedly a rello of said player being the one dropping hints it makes people wonder.

My whole point was dont gloat too soon when we have a player rumoured to be about the "money/job" not the "love" or playing for a big club fandom etc" and is from SA.

You can think what you want but I seen enough of these unsuibstantiated rumours turn out to be 100% on the money to be niave enough to just dismiss it without a second thought especially when it comes from a poster who has leaked correct info before. EVen then he never said he was off rather hinted at the fact it is a possiblilty.
So before you squeal that I and others are pissing in your cornflakes get it right, I am not saying HE will leave I am saying he is a CHANCE to leave and have my reservations. As I have stated repeatedly hopefully he stays and signs on for 3 years next time.

Hey glass half full guy

Broomhead is contracted until 2016...

ur wrong.... run along now!!°

Madagascar wrote re Patrick: "He could buy a house in Yarraville and be a stone's throw away from Anglesea."
You must be a very good stone thrower....

More to the point...he wants to live on the surf coast....Last time I checked Yarraville was still in the western suburbs of Melbourne?

Madagascar wrote re Patrick: "He could buy a house in Yarraville and be a stone's throw away from Anglesea."

More to the point...he wants to live on the surf coast....Last time I checked Yarraville was still in the western suburbs of Melbourne?

Figuratively speaking of course. It depends on one's perspective. I'd interpret Anglesea just up the road, but then with my job I regularly drive more than 600kms in a day.

Less than an hours drive from the Western suburbs to the GOR. He makes a very good point, you can live in the inner west of Melbourne and still be close to the surf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Dangerfield wants to play finals, he won't go there. Geelong are going to be out of the eight for the next few years IMO.
Based on what, losses to the Hawks and Freo? A gutsy win with no Hawkins, and game-ending injuries during the match to Bartel/Stokes/Lonergan and one bench rotation for the last quarter?

Methinks reports of their death are greatly exaggerated. If we'd had their draw we'd do well to be 1-2.

Based on what, losses to the Hawks and Freo? A gutsy win with no Hawkins, and game-ending injuries during the match to Bartel/Stokes/Lonergan and one bench rotation for the last quarter?

Methinks reports of their death are greatly exaggerated. If we'd had their draw we'd do well to be 1-2.

They have an ageing list. Their best players are still their older players. They've not had a top ten pick for quite some time, I like Cockatoo though.

Our list is young and fresh. We have plenty of youngsters coming through who will take us to our next flag tilt.

Collingwood was a top 4 team early last year too.

It's way too early in the season to declare that Adelaide has made the jump to being a real contender.

Dangerfield has stated two things i believe..

1- He wants to win a flag: Yes Adelaide, could be in the mix to do that, but then again we don't know, it's 3 rounds of footy! long way to go yet! But i believe we are in a better position than the other team that he would likely go to if he went (Geelong) they have an ageing list with players like Enright, Kelly, Lonergan, Stokes, Bartel, Johnson, Mackie, Mcintosh and Rivers all 30+ and they still heavily rely on a lot of those players, we have a younger list with i believe Swanny the only player 30+ i would really like to think we are in a better position

2- He wants to go back to Victoria: Yes his family is based in Geelong i think but as many people have said it's an hour tops drive from western suburbs or wherever he may want to move to get to Geelong, i don't think that is going to worry him considering he is currently a 10 hour or so drive away!

I think we can offer Dangerfield a lot more money than other teams as well, despite him probably saying it wouldn't have an effect on his decision.. i highly doubt that, money talks.. the amount of players we have lost over the years would see us having plenty of room for Danger and possibly another player like Aish. I do remember bucks saying early last year i think? not to sure when but i remember him saying the end of this year we would be making a play for a big name player.

If Danger was set on leaving and his choice was between Cats or Pies, realistically looking at the age profile of the two lists, he'd be crazy to not choose us. Plus, he would probably get more coin too when you consider Geelong's pay scale structure.

However, if he wants to be as close to home as possible, then Geelong is a no brainer.

Offer fasolo for a straight swap, if they don't accept it let him go to the preseason draft, we will have a better pick than adelaide and surely no one else will touch him given how quickly he has already left one team he didn't wanna play for.

A couple of clubs like St Kilda and Carlton would definitely have the cap space to grab him before we get a chance.

Not predicting a finish so low, I just thought Weideman was rated top 5 so went with that.

We can already see that we are better than the Saints and Brisbane. Saints beat GC pretty easily so say were better than them too.
Throw in Carlton and Melbourne theres already a bottom 5. Then GWS who knows how well they will do. Thats 6.
I think were better than Richmond and WC at full strength so there 8.

Easy draw like loki mentions above, we could well make the 8, but I would say we would go out the first week anyway.

I wouldn't be writing GCS of just yet. Had a horror pre-season and will only get better.

Playing devils advocate; we (GWS) want players not picks.

Give us Moore and one of either DeGoey or Reid if he's fit and firing at seasons end?

Get through this season and I'm no so sure GWS won't be accepting of draft picks. They've added quite a few senior players and the age profile of some of their kids should have them ready to blossom. Adding additional players via the draft allows them to extend the profile of their developing squad.

So would you have him on par talent wise with someone like McDonald from the roos (although obviously different attributes)?

I can understand what you are saying being unproven in the midfield, just surprising Chocco and others could talk him up as much as he was if he more than likely limited to a back flank.

That said - I agree I don't see him being and elite genuine mid, but you never know. He does strike me as a guy who will look to get the absolute most out of himself which means you never know.

Wasn't Swan recruited as a HB-HF utility type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back