News Pies keen on Aish

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 years @ $700K. :eek:

If he wants to go back to Adelaide so badly, I doubt it would take that much to get him there. Good luck to him if he can get it. No way would I even consider paying him that. Thats Pendlebury, Swan type money

If he wants to go back to Adelaide so badly, I doubt it would take that much to get him there. Good luck to him if he can get it. No way would I even consider paying him that. Thats Pendlebury, Swan type money

Where did these figures come from?

Take that with a grain of salt. It was posted by a Norf supporter purporting to 'know a guy'. I have serious difficulty seeing any club offering that kind of cash for a second year player who isn't a hyped KPF, or a freak like O'Meara or Martin from the Suns (even then it's difficult too see.)

IMO Aish is currently over rated. Last year he played 20 games (most of which were in the midfield) and averaged 8 kicks a game at below 65% disposal efficiency and poor penetration in his kicking. Of course this may improve with more games under his belt, but also didn't help that most bigger bodied midfielders were out injured for large chunks of the season. The way he is playing this year thus far indicates that he has already made his mind up to leave and is playing accordingly. Not a good look for any prospective new club. I would prefer that we focused our efforts on one of the GWS midfielders such as Treloar or Shiel. Both have yet to re-sign with GWS.

With regards to Danger, IMO based on past history...if he hasn't re-signed with the Crows by now he has already signed with a new club. I am hoping it is with us. Danger has acknowledged that he wants to build his media profile. Where is the one team and or man that could guarantee this?..mmmm... I am not sure writing for the Geelong Advertiser would provide him with the exposure he is after. The only thing in Geelong's favour is that his partner is the daughter of the ex-Geelong mayor and he and his parents were Geelong supporters. The club still invites his parents to most of the Geelong games and functions.

It is rumoured that we have money in the war chest for FA or a trade this year. It may also be Swan's last year and I suspect that Clinton Young may be cut at the end of the year which will give us extra cash.

No way would anyone give him that.

I'm honestly liking the fantasy of Dangerfield coming over moreso than Aish coming over. Neither are likely to happen but I've never understood why people would want Aish aside from getting back Brisbane for the Beams deal.

I just don't see the point of difference. What would he add to our squad that one of our young mids like Broomhead can't? Will be a good, neat player, but I wouldn't want to give up anything Brisbane would want for him.

Whereas it's immediately clear what Dangerfield would add to our midfield that no one else can.

This is about the 10th time ive said it do not trade witts! !! Will haunt us for years
Chill. Big Footy posters are not responsible for our list management. I have serious doubts the club would entertain trading Witts. He and Grundy just have way too much potential as a ruck combo.

I would prefer a youngerthandanger tough mid who is on the verge of hitting 'elite' status. Any names that would suit?

Some of the shocking rumours one can read. Worst one I read was in the 2013 draft period. Someone suggested trading Witts, Sidebottom, and pick 6 for Tom Boyd.

That's Witts, Sidey and Scharenberg for Tom Boyd, LMFAO. And the guy was serious.

Who?.
One of the elite midfielders in the competition.
A required player in our rebuilding phase.
And.....a Farkin Pie Premiership player.
There ain't that many of those.

Hes gone. To a s**t club. We instead look to the future at what his replacements can bring to the table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who?.
One of the elite midfielders in the competition.
A required player in our rebuilding phase.
And.....a Farkin Pie Premiership player.
There ain't that many of those.
Yes elite, yes a collingwood premiership player, no longer required, he made his bed, he chose Brisbane.

Time to move on

Aish is meh at the moment but wouldn't give up the world for him that's for sure. Would much rather danger but then again I don't like the idea of spending stupid amounts on luring players. Good teams draft and develop (Hawks, Geelong) look at buddy paid huge money and yet to achieve a flag with him...

Chill. Big Footy posters are not responsible for our list management. I have serious doubts the club would entertain trading Witts. He and Grundy just have way too much potential as a ruck combo.
They've got good potential both as ruckman, but as a combo I am sure most people would agree there isn't complete belief that both can play in the same side.

Aish is meh at the moment but wouldn't give up the world for him that's for sure. Would much rather danger but then again I don't like the idea of spending stupid amounts on luring players. Good teams draft and develop (Hawks, Geelong) look at buddy paid huge money and yet to achieve a flag with him...

Sorry but Hawks have traded for Burgoyne, Gunston, Lake, McEvoy, Frawley just off the top of my head. There are probably others. Hard to argue Hawks have developed their own with that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back