News Pies keen on Aish

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee I'd love him to pick Collingwood as his preferred club then we can tell Brisbane the entire list is 'untouchable'

So say we have pick 5

Weideman - Pick 5
Aish - Second + (Third Rounder/ Steak Knives)
Dangerfield - FA
Treloar - Reid + Brown

Something along those lines...

So say we have pick 5

Weideman - Pick 5
Dangerfield - FA
Treloar - Reid + Brown

That be Stupid to trade Both Brown and Reid

So say we have pick 5

Weideman - Pick 5
Dangerfield - FA
Treloar - Reid + Brown

Really doubting the ladder predictions of such a lowly finish. I reckon people should throw money on us to make the eight that's the smart money after tonight, before tonight it was $3.60 and with our easy draw, you won't get anywhere near that now.

In all seriousness. Our first rounder will likely be traded out, so am not fussed with whatever pick that is, in fact if say Aish chooses Collingwood, I'd prefer to offer them pick 12, if say, that was the pick we had on offer. And I'd like to think that it would be massive unders.

Why do we want Aish? We've already got their best midfielder in Crisp. :)

Love you as a poster MB

That's probably where you're going wrong to begin with...:p:D

but seriously :confused: by this.

I meant, do you have any inside word to report at this time, following on from your insights last year? Are we a genuine chance in this race do you think?

I've thought from the beginning that this is where losing Keefe and Thomas to bans will hurt us the most. Keefe especially has excellent trade value and could have easily been included in a deal like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think we need another midfielder, I would rather target Cameron to shore up our KPF stocks

Ruck is strong
midfielders developing
Defenders looking strong
Forwards, need small classy finisher and full forward

Love you as a poster MB but seriously :confused: by this.

I guess he is saying you appeared to have been hinting at some inside knowledge going by those posts.

I read on EBnW Aish had the chance last year as part of the Beams deal but knocked it back.

I am not sure how true it is but if true, it would be odd a few months later he now wants to come?

I would of thought he'd be seeking a move back to SA??

So say we have pick 5

Weideman - Pick 5
Dangerfield - FA
Treloar - Reid + Brown

Seems the Weid is rated in the 20s at this early stage.

Date Posted:13:30 13/04/15 Mon
Author: Pyeman
Author Host/IP: 203-213-38-106.static.tpgi.com.au / 203.213.38.106
Subject: Only tall who is top ten is Weitering, best position, Key defender.
In reply to: cooldewd 's message, "Weidemann?" on 12:49 13/04/15 Mon

Schache could creep into the top ten, The Weed 20plus at this stage.
that is from someone apparently involved in the recruiting industry/talent spotter.

Really doubting the ladder predictions of such a lowly finish. I reckon people should throw money on us to make the eight that's the smart money after tonight, before tonight it was $3.60 and with our easy draw, you won't get anywhere near that now.

In all seriousness. Our first rounder will likely be traded out, so am not fussed with whatever pick that is, in fact if say Aish chooses Collingwood, I'd prefer to offer them pick 12, if say, that was the pick we had on offer. And I'd like to think that it would be massive unders.

It is something many of us (myself included) are not taking into consideration is draw. We have a significantly easier draw then we have had in many many years.

This alone could see us finish higher then the team otherwise would.

Not predicting a finish so low, I just thought Weideman was rated top 5 so went with that.

We can already see that we are better than the Saints and Brisbane. Saints beat GC pretty easily so say were better than them too.
Throw in Carlton and Melbourne theres already a bottom 5. Then GWS who knows how well they will do. Thats 6.
I think were better than Richmond and WC at full strength so there 8.

Easy draw like loki mentions above, we could well make the 8, but I would say we would go out the first week anyway.

That be Stupid to trade Both Brown and Reid
Not if were planning on going with Moore and Shaz in the back 6.
Reid and Brown are too injury prone. I think Brown is finished, Reid would be huge if he stayed fit from now on but unlikely.

If we went all out for Treloar and Danger:
Danger, Treloar, Pendles, Sidebottom, Adams, Greenwood, De Goey, Freeman, Broomhead
Could be one of the best young midfields in the game.

We need a KPF badly

I read on EBnW Aish had the chance last year as part of the Beams deal but knocked it back.

I am not sure how true it is but if true, it would be odd a few months later he now wants to come?

Sounds odd, but not sure it sits with what we know. Doesn't seem like Brisbane gave him any say in it with their policy last year that "kids will not be traded".

They even publicly confirmed that we asked them for/about Aish (and for that matter Mayes) but they said no.

Sounds odd, but not sure it sits with what we know. Doesn't seem like Brisbane gave him any say in it with their policy last year that "kids will not be traded".

They even publicly confirmed that we asked them for/about Aish (and for that matter Mayes) but they said no.

Yep, true they (poster) might have meant Brisbane knocked it back, it was one of those posts that was slightly ambiguous in its delivery.

It may well have been a case of pies keen Aish ok with it and Brisbane saying no fecking way.

Have to think if he wanted to play for Collingwood he'd be here given we traded Beams to his club. You would think both Adelaide clubs would be hot for him. If he does want to come, it will cost us a bit. Hopefully no more than our first pick but sure as hell they will want more. I can't see what else we could/would offer. Not having much i9nterest in u18 footy, I'm sure about the first half dozen in the draft this year to know whether it would be a good deal or not.

Not to say you aren't correct, but there is also the possibility that Aish was open to the move and Brisbane said no way and stood firm.

Collingwood knowing this put significant work into him over pre-season and he's now much more open to a move to us. It is also possible that we were super duper keen on DeGoey and knew we had no play on him unless pick 5 was in the deal which I think would have been highly unlikely with Aish in the trade.

Ultimately we may have seen it as advantageous to not chase him last year and then go hard this year when the impact of Beams going really kicks in under the cap. I'm not saying that's how things went down more food for thought and quite often clubs are looking 2-3 years ahead with list decisions.

Yeah I'm surprised Aish didn't walk around last October with a sandwich board saying "Will happily be traded to Pies". Seems it would be the perfect way to ingratiate himself with his employer and teammates after 1 year's hard toil.

Here
So say we have pick 5

Weideman - Pick 5
Dangerfield - FA
Treloar - Reid + Brown

Fantasy land to imagine we'll get anywhere near that. Reasons as follows

If we end up fifth last Dangerfield (and probably Aish and Treloar) wont want to be at Collingwood in the first place.
We wont have pick 5. We will end up 5th - 10th, so that lands us at pick 9 at best I'd guess.
I also seriously doubt we will trade Reid, he'll either have recovered from injury and he'll be a keeper, or he hasnt and and he'll be worthless.
I fail to see how Reid and Brown will free up salary cap for Aish Dangerfield and Treloar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back