News Pies keen on Aish

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Treloar fits in with our age profile for a prolonged rise, Aish is good yes but if we only get one crack at a quality youngish player Treloar is it for me.

Can play a bit and must should have around 60-80 games by next year so ready to start dominating.

Only concern with Danger is his body, would he still be good by the time we are playing GF again?

Wouldn't want to sell the farm to get him either.

Agreed M123,
What really pisses me of is that whilst we are all discussing what we have to give up to get Aish the AFL disgracefully gifted the best side in the home and away season of 2014 Sydney Isaac Heeney when he should be playing for the Saints or more so Melbourne who bid on him with pick 2.

One very uneven playing field.:thumbsdown:
I wouldn't go on too much about Heeney, the best two players out of this draft will be Heeney and a partocular father/son we got.

Moore should have cost us more (pun) then he did too, I don't mind the new system where you have to give up a second draft pick for a gun academy or F/S recruit.

Plus, Heeney is the one that is going to change that rule because he's so damn good, so he's done us a favour really.

Anyway, back to Aish, he won't cost an arm and a leg, as some have said here if we finish mid table and get pick 10 or 11 I think the Lions would take that, maybe with steak knives thrown in (Bye Fasolo).

Aish can play but would be super worried about him wanting to go home all the time, i would rather use our pick on trying to get a forward to replace cloke for the future.

Not to say you aren't correct, but there is also the possibility that Aish was open to the move and Brisbane said no way and stood firm.
Sure but the way the footy world works it is more likely than not that it would have come out if he wanted to come in the deal and Brisbane said no and it would be on the table now given he hasn't signed.
It is also possible that we were super duper keen on DeGoey and knew we had no play on him unless pick 5 was in the deal which I think would have been highly unlikely with Aish in the trade.
Possible.

Aish can play but would be super worried about him wanting to go home all the time, i would rather use our pick on trying to get a forward to replace cloke for the future.
I think we could safely say that the go-home factor is a non-issue of he nominates a Victorian club when he has the opportunity to go back to SA.

I agree with Apex.

If he did come to us I would not be concered abiout go home factor. In fact it is a hugely over retaed issue anyway. If he came to us he'd be leaving Brisbane and it would probably be wanting out more than wanting home that was the reason. $1m salary cap advantages aside, players rarely leave clubs they are happy at.

I'll go out on a limb and say I'd rather have Treloar - Aish is a nice player but a little too "cruisey" for mine whereas Treloar is hard at it (he's got a bit of edge to his game) and he's a bloody good user of the ball as well (something we're in desperate need of).

Every time I've watched the Giants play I've come away thinking Treloar is going to be an out and out gun.
That's not a limb.

The fact is we need to be putting feelers out there for all of the young out-of-contract players we're interested in and even most of those we aren't. You won't always be able to get your man (see Mitch Clark) so you don't want to have all your eggs in one basket. And at least if you miss out on all of them, you drive the price up for other clubs in a salary capped competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Omg finally unbanned. The Brisbane mods banned me twice for suggesting that Aish was coming to us or Adelaide for a late first rounder...
Yet their flog posters were free to come in here and suggest Luenberger and a second rounder for Beams...

TheBrownDog was a great contributer to the beams thread on our forum would love to have jis opinion on aish he had a knack of tagging people back then too...

Probably :(

Still rather them over the Hawks though.
Clearly your in-laws aren't Swans supporters with a singular hatred of all things Collingwood then. Try telling them that they have an advantage being able to get Buddy or Heeney at the end of round one when he could have gone at the very top. Or try telling them that Eddie is good for football. Then you might re-think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the best two players out of this draft will be Heeney and a partocular father/son we got.

Moore should have cost us more (pun) then he did too, I don't mind the new system where you have to give up a second draft pick for a gun academy or F/S recruit.

Anyway, back to Aish, he won't cost an arm and a leg, as some have said here if we finish mid table and get pick 10 or 11 I think the Lions would take that, maybe with steak knives thrown in (Bye Fasolo).

Big fan of Fasolo I see.:D

Agree re: Heeney and Moore, the difference is all teams abide by the same rules to acquire access to a father son. Yet the same ATM cannot be said about the Academy. What is the the new system? I'm unaware of the changes, feel free to post me personally if you have the info so as to not get the thread off track.

Not to sure that pick 11 and a C+/ B grade player would get the deal done though Matty, rapt if it did though.

Last edited:
I think we could safely say that the go-home factor is a non-issue of he nominates a Victorian club when he has the opportunity to go back to SA.
The article pretty much says we are front runners because Adelaide or Port have shown little interest if any.
That says to me that he will come toi Vic until he gets an offer from back home.

The article pretty much says we are front runners because Adelaide or Port have shown little interest if any.
That says to me that he will come toi Vic until he gets an offer from back home.
The Adelaide clubs are always interested in local boys, especially one of Aish's quality. If he wants to go home they'll take him with open arms, and conversely, if he chooses to come to Vic, it will be because he wants to be there, not because the SA clubs didn't want him.

TheBrownDog was a great contributer to the beams thread on our forum would love to have jis opinion on aish he had a knack of tagging people back then too...
Dayne Beams is still the blokes avatar. What a loser lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back