List Mgmt. Pies list changes for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

So far we have 6 senior list departures: Dwyer, Young, Freeman, Keeffe, Thomas, Karnezis
With addition so far Treloar. Assuming we have to add 3 new draft players.
Frost is already counted in our list of 40 (as a nominated rookie), will be upgraded to our senior list & this counts as 'new' drafted player, then we only need to draft 2 players this year.
So our additions would be:
- Treloar
- Frost upgrade
- 2 new drafted players (minimum)
- leaving 3 slots for new players traded/free agency

Bottom line, 5 new faces still to come in (in addition to Treloar).
If Seedsman leaves, then that becomes 6 new faces to come in.

Rookie list
Out Armstrong, Manteit
In Keeffe, Thomas
Hence our rookie list is full.
Unless further de listings or upgrades.

Could Cox be an upgrade to senior list option?

Highly Doubt It. Still bit away from Playing AFL.

Abbott is a Chance of being Upgraded but I because of Injury he might stay on the Rookie List.

Frost be Upgraded for Sure

Good account of where things sit. To over simplify it:

out (confirmed)
- in (confirmed) - pending

32 - Dwyer -> Frost (upgraded)
33 - Keeffe -> Howe
34 - Thomas -> Treloar
35 - Young -> Aish ?
36 - Karnezis ->
37 - Seedsman ->
38 - Kennedy ->
39 or Rookie 6 - Freeman ->
40 or Rookie 5 - Frost (rookie to be upgraded) ->

Rookie 1 - Abbott
Rookie 2 - Gault
Rookie 3 - Armstrong -> Keeffe
Rookie 4 - Manteit -> Thomas

Rookie Category B 1 - Cox
Rookie Category B 2 - not used -> Wyatt
Rookie Category B 3 - not used

EDIT 9-Oct-15: updated to reflect Aish's request to 'pies and Seedsman's probable exit
EDIT 19-Oct-15: updated Howe/Seedsman/Kennedy trade and Wyatt cat b rookie
EDIT 21-Oct-15: Treloar confirmed

Last edited:

out
- in - pending

34 - Dwyer -> Frost (upgraded)
35 - Keeffe -> Treloar
36 - Thomas ->
37 - Young ->
38 - Karnezis ->
39 or Rookie 5 - Freeman ->
40 or Rookie 6 - Frost (rookie to be upgraded) ->

Rookie 1 - Abbott
Rookie 2 - Gault
Rookie 3 - Armstrong ->Keeffe

Add seedsman to that list of outs

Gault has to be elevated to the main list doesn't he? He's spent 3 years on rookie list and the club arranged hip surgery for him.

Marsh has gone passed Frost, if it is not this year it will be next that if he leaves if we move on him this year we could sell him at a good price

But can you Rely on Brown to stay Injury Free Though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will probably pick up some DFAs. Dalgleish and 1 or 2 of the delisted key forwards frm Port Adelaide.

Marsh has gone passed Frost, if it is not this year it will be next that if he leaves if we move on him this year we could sell him at a good price

I agree that Marsh offers more (even at this early stage) than Frosty and would be willing to organise a trade for Frost....but for what and to whom? (people are gonna say that Frost is durable and that he's insurance when others break down but for mine....he's limited and that's not the future for this side)

out
- in - pending

34 - Dwyer -> Frost (upgraded)
35 - Keeffe -> Treloar
36 - Thomas ->
37 - Young ->
38 - Karnezis ->
39 or Rookie 5 - Freeman ->
40 or Rookie 6 - Frost (rookie to be upgraded) ->

Rookie 1 - Abbott
Rookie 2 - Gault
Rookie 3 - Armstrong ->Keeffe

With the weak draft I think we will go for a primary list of 38 and have 2 extra rookies.

That means probably only 3 live picks in the draft (on top of the Frost upgrade - and unless we trade someone in for a pick) and 2 rookie selections.

Rookie list
Out Armstrong, Manteit
In Keeffe, Thomas
Hence our rookie list is full.
Unless further de listings or upgrades.

Doesn't Frost come off the rookie list leaving a spot?

With the weak draft I think we will go for a primary list of 38 and have 2 extra rookies.

That means probably only 3 live picks in the draft (on top of the Frost upgrade - and unless we trade someone in for a pick) and 2 rookie selections.
I think so, it seems we like to structure up that way. I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of our VFL players getting a rookie spot or alternatively, but unlikely one of Dwyer or Young.

I agree that Marsh offers more (even at this early stage) than Frosty and would be willing to organise a trade for Frost....but for what and to whom? (people are gonna say that Frost is durable and that he's insurance when others break down but for mine....he's limited and that's not the future for this side)
We need another key forward who can take a contested mark, Sydney are desperate for key defenders. Sam Reid for Jack Frost.

If we could bundle him in with Freeman and get a top ten pick we could draft a young key forward in Weideman or Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back