List Mgmt. Pies list changes for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Current list status
32 (including Frost) plus 3 new recruits = 35
2 rookies (Gault + Cox)
11 players out, 3 players in.
8 players to come in.
Keeffe & Thomas to be rookied (if available).
Leaving 6 more new players still to come in via draft & or DFA.
Options:
3 senior 3 rookie
4 senior 2 rookie
5 senior 1 rookie

Total will be 46 (44 plus 2 Cat B rookies)

CFC updated their website today, finally removing Freeman, however, under the rookie section they still have Abbot listed??
They also went through our list 'by the numbers'.

"3 – Players currently on Collingwood’s rookie list" (the 3 listed rookies are Gault, Cox & Abbot)
"3 – Players yet to make their senior AFL debuts" (the only 3 players listed yet to debut are Goodyear, Cox & Abbot)

They keep counting Abbot in all Analysis?
Either a screw up by Collinwood media or somethings up re Abbots apparent delisting.

CFC updated their website today, finally removing Freeman, however, under the rookie section they still have Abbot listed??
They also went through our list 'by the numbers'.

"3 – Players currently on Collingwood’s rookie list" (the 3 listed rookies are Gault, Cox & Abbot)
"3 – Players yet to make their senior AFL debuts" (the only 3 players listed yet to debut are Goodyear, Cox & Abbot)

They keep counting Abbot in all Analysis?
Either a screw up by Collinwood media or somethings up re Abbots apparent delisting.
They could be counting Wyatt as one of the 3 rookies.

Last edited:

So how many players need to be signed?

How many main list.

How many rookie list.

I'm confused.
We still need to add 6 new players.
We have a choice how we add them:
3 new senior & 3 new rookies...list 38 & 6
4 new senior & 2 new rookies...list 39 & 5
5 new senior & 1 new rookie...list 40 & 4

In addition to above, we add Keeffe & Thomas as rookies & Wyatt as Cat B rookie.
So total list 44 plus 2 Cat B rookies.

So whatever happens...there will be 6 new players yet to be recruited into the club (mixture of senior list players & rookies).

Yer, I thought of that, although he is not officially on out list until after the draft.
Anyway, all will become clear soon.
The article on the club website (from the other day) does name Wyatt as an inclusion, and another I saw on the AFL website included any new Category B signings, so I'm not really sure what the story is.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-10-30/frost-to-be-upgraded

It is a bit odd that they've now removed Freeman's name from the list of senior players (CFC website) yet Abbott is still named as being on the rookie list. Has to be an error.

Keeffes suspension has given him a years grace
Yes Gault is fortunate. 4 years on the list for 4 games.
Didn't perform at AFL level & doesn't dominate at VFL level.
He must give it everything this year...otherwise he is 100% gone by end 2016.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No need to upgrade him until he's in the senior selection mix.
Plus he is a Category B rookie, outside the main rookie list, so makes sense to keep him there at this stage.

Yep, keeps his salary out of TPP consideration as well until he's ready for the seniors.

They could be counting Wyatt as one of the 3 rookies.

He's a Cat B rookie so while he won't officially be added until after the draft, he won't impact our senior and rookie list considerations.

Have to admit, Gault is the luckiest player going around if he stays on our list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Him being Injured think Helped him stay on the Rookie List

Have to admit, Gault is the luckiest player going around if he stays on our list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not quite the luckiest I asked this in the stats forum

Can anyone tell me the lowest number of games a player has been on a list for 5 years? Collingwood as yet have not delisted Cory Gault who has played 4 games in 4 years (2 years senior list then 2 years rookie list). The only way I see he gets a game in 2016 if 2 key forwards are injured at the same time.

and got this reply

Without even looking it up, the injury-riddled Josh Cowan quite easily beats that.

2010 – 0 games
2011 – 3 games
2012 – 0 games
2013 – 0 games
2014 – 0 games
2015 – 2 games
2016 – remains on the list

Haha Cowan is probably the unluckiest! He's had a shocking run of injuries, probably just as bad as Dan Menzel if not worse but it hasn't received the same publicity for whatever reason
Agreed. 1384 days between games because of consistent hamstring and achilles issues. Can completely understand why Geelong persisted with him.

Gault on the other hand just simply doesn't get it done despite being fit.

Edit: Sorry for my completely illiterate original post. Much easier to comprehend now lol.

Last edited:
He's a Cat B rookie so while he won't officially be added until after the draft, he won't impact our senior and rookie list considerations.
Yes indeed, I'm aware Wyatt is a Cat. B rookie and doesn't come into consideration for one of our "regular" list spots.

I'm not sure how far back you read in the thread, but I wasn't commenting on the number (or category) of players we would add to our list. I simply commented on what another poster had said about Abbott still being shown on the CFC website as on the Rookie List, and in the article where our list is assessed it says "3 – Players currently on Collingwood’s rookie list" when it should have only had 2 (Cox and Gault). I helpfully suggested that they could have been counting Wyatt as the 3rd rookie (not Abbott).

Hope that makes sense!

Nice work MyManLynch putting some posts together as to where we stand. Abbott is interesting and I imagine there may be a bit to play out behind the scenes so we should wait until official word comes out before making any further comment.

Gault, well, he may just be a by product of other trades, deli stings and suspensions that have happened this season. It's going to be tough enough as it is so I've got no issues holding him for another year. He probably should be shouting Okeefe and JT beers along with Freeman, BK and Seedsman.

You can't cut everyone......unless your Carlton that is

Nice work MyManLynch putting some posts together as to where we stand. Abbott is interesting and I imagine there may be a bit to play out behind the scenes so we should wait until official word comes out before making any further comment.

Gault, well, he may just be a by product of other trades, deli stings and suspensions that have happened this season. It's going to be tough enough as it is so I've got no issues holding him for another year. He probably should be shouting Okeefe and JT beers along with Freeman, BK and Seedsman.

You can't cut everyone......unless your Carlton that is

Would you rather keep Gault in 2016 or take a punt on a high risk high return "Abbott" type rookie with his rookie spot?

Would you rather keep Gault in 2016 or take a punt on a high risk high return "Abbott" type rookie with his rookie spot?
Has Abbott been cut has he?

I'll back the professionals at the club to make that decision for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back