Analysis Pies made mistakes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Malthouse didn't have as bad an injury record as Buckley

Mick coached us for 12 years and Bucks has coached for 3. How are you able to compare their injury records fairly?

Mick coached us for 12 years and Bucks has coached for 3. How are you able to compare their injury records fairly?

Some things aren't just fair

From heroes to zeros in a space of three years under Bucks' reign and as predicted by haters makes us a laughing stock.

And speaking of teh Bay, the place where even the best sides get trolled, we copped far less mockery than expected this year as if us being shite is business as usual.
And I don't like it....
The haters had their fingers, toes and balls crossed that it would happen. They wished and got lucky.
As for the Bay, there were stuff all threads when we were 8 and 3. So don't be sad about the lack of trolls. Another scandal and they'll be back in full swing.

Time will tell with regards to whether Buckley can coach.
One certainty is, the list will be in better shape, than the list he inherited.
Yep, so far he has taken a second place team and shape them into an awesomely dynamic 11th place team.
As far as we've fallen, I fear he hasn't finished "shaping" yet. We could easily overtake some of those teams with a firm grip on the positions below us.
I'm sure things aren't as bad as they seem, but there is absolutely no indication he has improved the list.

Malthouse didn't have as bad an injury record as Buckley
What everyone has to remember is Buckley heads up a team, which coach and look after the welfare of our players. After MM left, not only did we lose players (regardless of whether they were good or bad), but guys like Buttifant have now left too.
The questions are, is Davoren as capable as Buttifant? Does Buckley let Davoren do his job without demanding his own training load? Has the current coaching team been a factor in the injury issues?
If this year was just a case of crap luck with injury, we should be back in the eight next year. If the Buckley coaching team is incompetent, we will know by mid year next year.
Make no mistake, if we're failing, the coach who put this team together will be getting very, very nervous.

Yep, so far he has taken a second place team and shape them into an awesomely dynamic 11th place team.
As far as we've fallen, I fear he hasn't finished "shaping" yet. We could easily overtake some of those teams with a firm grip on the positions below us.
I'm sure things aren't as bad as they seem, but there is absolutely no indication he has improved the list.
Mick did an awesome job with those Blue baggers after he took over didnt he???? Bucks had to cut the fat and is building something good. Relax with the hysterical summation

Well shaped for the future.

Well shaped for the future.
If you can't see some promising years ahead you're kidding.
We will contend for another eight years all going well, I agree next year is crucial for Buckleys immediate future but if nothing else the re-signing of Broomy, Kennedy shows there is no angst toward the coach.
After all the AFL concessions premierships will be at a premium in the foreseeable future, if we didn't go back a step or two when we did we would be playing catchup for years.
Hawthorn and Geelong will decline in the next few years and hopefully we will give them windburn on our way past.

It ain't that bad!

C'mon surely talking about Mick and Bucks is tiring Jmac.....

Please fix whatever it is that causes you to post twice. Your posts are generally annoying enough without being broadcast in stereo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

playing Maxwell CHB

Gee there is some crap being posted around the main boards, none more so than the Brisbane board.

Those guys have very short memories about the happenings in their own back yard less than 12 months ago yet they're totally oblivious to it all. These guys went through the s**t fight from hell during crazy Vossy times to end with a coach being sacked and mass exodus of some of their best junior talent.....Now apparently they're the go to club that all the stars want to be at.

I'm sure these guys finished with a win/loss record of 7 & 15 with the 3rd worst % in the league even behind GWS.

In 2013 they were 10 & 13 with 20% better % yet they're talking finals football.

Beam me up scotty because I must have fallen of this saddle somewhere down the trail!

*anyone mind if I post this to the Brisbane board

Piss off Leading teams.. dont think its for our playing group
I think it was hard for some of the more senior players to take to after having uncle Mick let his favourites get away with some indiscretions.
Now we have leading teams it is going to have a period where all have to either get on board or get out.
We got some out last year and injuries aside it was always going to be a year of transition to get the game plan, the responsibility is on the players to step up and be accountable for their efforts and performances.
We had a coaching firm come into our company, at the time I was one of the older guys and I dint like it- in fact I left. In hindsight I could have been more pro active and things might have been different.
I remember at the time they said these program's aren't for everyone and there were expected casualties.
All I know is Bucks is the consummate professional who will not leave a stone unturned in the pursuit of success and I back him in.
The results speak for themselves look at Sydney pre Buddy, Leading Teams obviously worked for them.
Time will tell, as for Micks coaching style lets see how the Carlton list is in five years, not to mention how many indiscretions were had along the way by his lack of discipline and accountability (W.C.E) super culture o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back