PIES Membership Tally 2015: 76,497

Remove this Banner Ad

I think for a lot of people, AFL memberships are pretty cheap. I'm not talking about the average Joe. I'm talking about dual income $150K stuff. I think they can afford to buy the memberships and only attend a couple of games. When you think it costs $500 just to get a ticket to see the Rolling Stones or something like that, then it's easy to see why the memberships arent valued a little more. The problem is that it's easy money for the clubs ....and money that goes directly to them, rather than to the AFL.

The irony is that here in WA, you just can't walk up and go to the footy. It's even hard to buy a membership.

I have 5 AFL Memberships. It is cheaper for me than having a Legends Membership. I only paid $1,200 for 2 adult one concession and two juniors. Each membership entitles the holder to 40 games and cheap finals. Went to all finals last year for free. Just scanned in apart from the Grand Final. I paid for that, but half the price that club members would have paid. Seats right on the wing M22 & under cover.
To get 5 legends memberships I would have to fork out about $3,000 to get much less.
I love my club, but I have to look after my pocket as well.
I have been to nearly every game in the last 8 years & to many neutral blockbuster.

then please explain what you meant by:
It was a flippant throw away line in response to a post with thinly veiled personal criticism among about 100 posts I've made on the subject, but to answer your question:
SOME people are EITHER happy with the results or status quo OR ignorant of some of the realities. Lot's of people on here disagree with me and others on here. Some put up decent arguments and some are respectful of opposing opinions. To say I presume everyone who disagrees with me is ignorant is baseless.

It was a flippant throw away line in response to a post with thinly veiled personal criticism among about 100 posts I've made on the subject, but to answer your question:
SOME people are EITHER happy with the results or status quo OR ignorant of some of the realities. Lot's of people on here disagree with me and others on here. Some put up decent arguments and some are respectful of opposing opinions. To say I presume everyone who disagrees with me is ignorant is baseless.
Are you suggesting it was an ignorant comment??;):p

Mate - look exactly at what you wrote, and what I just pointed out - and you would see that it very clearly was not baseless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies Membership Tally

Although utterly meaningless compared to onfield success. It still is an interesting competition the membership race, which the pies usually win convincingly. Any one on here worried that the Tiges will pass you at some stage this year? Gap has closed to 2000 and was over 10,000 a month ago.

Although utterly meaningless compared to onfield success. It still is an interesting competition the membership race, which the pies usually win convincingly. Any one on here worried that the Tiges will pass you at some stage this year? Gap has closed to 2000 and was over 10,000 a month ago.
Wait, what? Worried? Naaaah ;)

By now, looking at the lack of responses, you probably have figured out we don't care much for the membership numbers race. In fact our membership thread must be one of the smallest on the site.

We know we are the biggest club in the land, the objective for us is to maximise revenue, sponsorship and most importantly translating this into on field strengths. We are at the top on almost all criteria to judge club size and following, so won't cry if we are slightly down one meaningless number, it's kind of expected as we rebuild.

But of course I should say good on you and your club for building such a strong membership base without the extra boost on field/finals success gives. I'm glad we're playing you guys twice this year, hopefully the crowd and atmosphere lives up to it.

By now, looking at the lack of responses, you probably have figured out we don't care much for the membership numbers race. In fact our membership thread must be one of the smallest on the site.

We know we are the biggest club in the land, the objective for us is to maximise revenue, sponsorship and most importantly translating this into on field strengths. We are at the top on almost all criteria to judge club size and following, so won't cry if we are slightly down one meaningless number, it's kind of expected as we rebuild.

But of course I should say good on you and your club for building such a strong membership base without the extra boost on field/finals success gives. I'm glad we're playing you guys twice this year, hopefully the crowd and atmosphere lives up to it.

I agree that pies supporters seem to be less interested in looking at the membership figures knowing they are already no.1. One could argue that this could leave the door open for complacency.

It will be interesting to see how you fair(membership-wise) in the next few years if you don't have a swift rebuild.

Marketing department should be trying to convince DeGoey to change his name to Ben for our next NAB challenge match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back