PIES Membership Tally 2015: 76,497

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I said where's our advantage?

TG - in terms you can understand.

It give us heaps of revenue, which in turn gives us the luxury (hypothetically) to sack and pay out a coach and throw bundles of cash to get another (potentially better) coach or entice another (potentially better) coach to come out of retirement. Things like that. Oh, and the WestPac Centre, and our own training field... etc etc

Like I said where's our advantage?

Membership equals revenue.
Revenue equals better facilities.
Better facilities equals better players.
Better players equals a higher chance of on-field success.

Post your question on the Western Bulldogs board if you don't believe me.

Membership equals revenue.
Revenue equals better facilities.
Better facilities equals better players.
Better players equals a higher chance of on-field success.

Post your question on the Western Bulldogs board if you don't believe me.

Not sure about this jmac. The equalisation system including the draft blunts this a lot. Easier to say it works like that in a "free market" competition where there is no draft and you can just buy players. If not, we'd have the best team every year, and we simply don't.

Not sure about this jmac. The equalisation system including the draft blunts this a lot. Easier to say it works like that in a "free market" competition where there is no draft and you can just buy players. If not, we'd have the best team every year, and we simply don't.

It's an interesting point. I would say having better facilities makes a club more desirable as a destination and provides greater chance for development. The AFL's equalisation system does certainly reduce the advantage though.

It's an interesting point. I would say having better facilities makes a club more desirable as a destination and provides greater chance for development. The AFL's equalisation system does certainly reduce the advantage though.
Like Clark not wanting to come to Collingwood desirable? Or any other big name in the past 3 years?

Exactly. No club as pulled away from another because they have more members in terms of on field success it means nothing.

Like Clark not wanting to come to Collingwood desirable? Or any other big name in the past 3 years?

You won't rest until you turn every thread into a negative. Your evil plan must be stopped!

Varcoe said that he came to Collingwood because he wanted to play in front of big crowds. He chose us over Geelong.

The advantage is that CFC Pay there mates to be assistant coaches we only have 20 assistants at collingwood eating members money
Mates looking out for mates

What did you think of the game tonight?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back