Pies Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Well for you Collingwood breaking membership records might make you vomit but for me being an Essendon supporter would make me vomit lol

I think he used the term "vomit" in grudging admiration.

You need to change your username to " sleeping beauty". As you may be asleep for that long.
Good news! Prince Eddie will come and kiss you to break the spell when the glorious day arrives!

I would prefer Princess Alex.

This is my first year as a member and it will also be my first year with a car and a licence. Can anyone tell me will they send me a bumpersticker out with my membership pack?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please tell me they don't count Magpie Insider members in the tally - that really would make the total figure a complete joke
The figure pretty much is a joke but only if you're using it to make some kind of valid comparison between clubs. There is no reason to compare those numbers because no two clubs provide exactly the same product at exactly the same price. Sure everyone wants to have big numbers for pure bragging rights but only children believe that they're actually any kind of real measure of anything much.

Please tell me they don't count Magpie Insider members in the tally - that really would make the total figure a complete joke

It's no joke, a member is a member, and 50 dollars is still a contribution.

The figure pretty much is a joke but only if you're using it to make some kind of valid comparison between clubs. There is no reason to compare those numbers because no two clubs provide exactly the same product at exactly the same price. Sure everyone wants to have big numbers for pure bragging rights but only children believe that they're actually any kind of real measure of anything much.

Agreed.

And as Jmac said- the only figure of relevance is the revenue from membership which Collingwood is still leading the league (membership revenue divided by number of members) but this isn't the figure the club promote.

Even trying to compare our membership tally with previous years is almost pointless when you start including no game members.

I have no issue with offering all different levels of membership. But if the club want to promote the total tally number as a measure of how successfully they are running the club, the number should be comparable to previous years.

To give the figure any relevance it really should only include home game members and full game members.

Where does it end? Sooner or later they'll include anyone who 'Likes' the Facebook page.

Agreed.

And as Jmac said- the only figure of relevance is the revenue from membership which Collingwood is still leading the league (membership revenue divided by number of members) but this isn't the figure the club promote.

Even trying to compare our membership tally with previous years is almost pointless when you start including no game members.

I have no issue with offering all different levels of membership. But if the club want to promote the total tally number as a measure of how successfully they are running the club, the number should be comparable to previous years.

To give the figure any relevance it really should only include home game members and full game members.

Where does it end? Sooner or later they'll include anyone who 'Likes' the Facebook page.
But I think you miss the point. The club promotes the number for one reason and one reason only... to attract sponsorship. There is no future in underselling what you can oversell in a marketing sense.

But I think you miss the point. The club promotes the number for one reason and one reason only... to attract sponsorship. There is no future in underselling what you can oversell in a marketing sense.

The sponsors are not so easily fooled. They would do their due diligence. Plus they are more concerned with eyeballs rather than how many people who are officially recognised as members. I would suggest that the club promotes the number to the media and the supporter base for one reason only - to promote how well they are running the club. And as they are running the club extremely well, I don't see the reason to artificially inflate the tally.

The sponsors are not so easily fooled. They would do their due diligence. Plus they are more concerned with eyeballs rather than how many people who are officially recognised as members. I would suggest that the club promotes the number to the media and the supporter base for one reason only - to promote how well they are running the club. And as they are running the club extremely well, I don't see the reason to artificially inflate the tally.
No suggestion here that anybody is being fooled. The numbers, in a marketing context are absolutely valid as regards market penetration. It's just when 5 year olds use them in dick measuring contests that they become a joke.

The figure pretty much is a joke but only if you're using it to make some kind of valid comparison between clubs. There is no reason to compare those numbers because no two clubs provide exactly the same product at exactly the same price. Sure everyone wants to have big numbers for pure bragging rights but only children & Tiger supporters from the 1970 Grog Squad believe that they're actually any kind of real measure of anything much.

EFA

Sponsors are more interested in your email address than having you in the G seeing (maybe) their billboard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back