Pies Unified or Unidentified

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
So we advance to Saturday night with a shadow clearly over our great club.
Can we triumph over adversity or wilt under the weight of uncertainty.

As a supporter of this club resilience is paramount, I hope the player's ethos is matching.
Nothing worse than when one's ethics are questioned.

Must admit though, my enthusiasm for 2015 is continually waning...........

CMON PIES GET YOUR s**t TOGETHER.

So we advance to Saturday night with a shadow clearly over our great club.
Can we triumph over adversity or wilt under the weight of uncertainty.

As a supporter of this club resilience is paramount, I hope the player's ethos is matching.
Nothing worse than when one's ethics are questioned.

Must admit though, my enthusiasm for 2015 is continually waning...........

CMON PIES GET YOUR s**t TOGETHER.

The Don's have played as a more united team since their scandal broke.
Hope our Boys can do the same.

The Don's have played as a more united team since their scandal broke.
Hope our Boys can do the same.

That what Happened with the Didak and Heater thing.

Media Attacked us and just made the Boys Closer together and even more Motivated to win

We are seemingly destabilized to a point right now whereby the leadership group must take the firmest possible stance.
My concern is we lack key figureheads with vision or direction and the capacity to mould the playing group.

I think this thing with the positive drug test shows a very strong club. We look very honest and united out of this. Since they're fringe players it's not going to really hurt us thus year might actually help

I think this thing with the positive drug test shows a very strong club. We look very honest and united out of this. Since they're fringe players it's not going to really hurt us thus year might actually help

Good Point. We look a United Team/Organzation with how we felt with this today

I reckon it will hurt us in the short term.. Keefe and Thomas would have both got games at some stage.

Keefe out robs us of 203cm tall back who is a nice kick, pretty good and switching play on occasions and is capable, not great, as pinch hitter up forward or ruck - he is also good depth incase Reid, brown or frosty goes down.

Thomas, while many don't rate, is quick, hard and finds the pill in close and gets it out - sort of a poor mans wellingham that had a lot of room for improvement and imo a higher ceiling than him. He would have played lots of games this year with us being down 1 with greenwood being out for a fair chunk.

At least know crispy, de goey, freeman, and even karnezis all get an opportunity to try and get some decent minutes/games in the midfield if they want it enough.

Honestly, Keefe and JT aren't lock best 22 players.

This gives some massive opportunities to other players, and I'm happy to see who it pans out. Who knows if Freeman, JDG, Maynard, or God who knows rises out of this as a phoenix.

The boys will be united, Bucks said it best tonight when he said they have lost two brothers today and I hope that galvanises the group.

I'm optimistic, and I'm just so ready for the footy to start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it will hurt us in the short term.. Keefe and Thomas would have both got games at some stage.

Keefe out robs us of 203cm tall back who is a nice kick, pretty good and switching play on occasions and is capable, not great, as pinch hitter up forward or ruck - he is also good depth incase Reid, brown or frosty goes down.

Thomas, while many don't rate, is quick, hard and finds the pill in close and gets it out - sort of a poor mans wellingham that had a lot of room for improvement and imo a higher ceiling than him. He would have played lots of games this year with us being down 1 with greenwood being out for a fair chunk.

At least know crispy, de goey, freeman, and even karnezis all get an opportunity to try and get some decent minutes/games in the midfield if they want it enough.

I agree that it'll hurt us somewhat short term, and that short term is confined within 2015; if anything it's a boon for the long-term as we'll more readily get games into younger players with better scopes of development.

I'm finding it interesting how Keeffe and at times Thomas have been constantly potted on this board for their woeful this and that, and now that it looks like they'll never don the black and white again they're suddenly players with amazing potential and bright sparks in our future. They were/are role players with some positives and a hell of a lot of flaws, although Keeffe could possibly have made it as a second string KPD, Thomas was never going anywhere.

Well we brought 2 Debuts players that night in Dawes and McCarthy. Ryan Cook was playing.

Was not a Very Strong Side

Won a premiership the next year. Couldnt hav been too bad

I dont care what spin we put on this, this is a definate kick in the guts days before the season starts. How we perform against brisbane will show us supporters what type of fight and courage this current playing group has.

This is a massive game. Insterstate, where we normally do well, against a side we need to beat this year if we are serious. I like our chances

This is a massive game. Insterstate, where we normally do well, against a side we need to beat this year if we are serious. I like our chances

Only problem with that is that we are normally awful in Brisbane, even in good years. But as I'm going to the game I'm going to continue to be optimistic and pick us to win by 4 goals.

This shouldn't affect the boys on Saturday night, if anything will motivate them and galvanize the group. Playing stocks wise, it doesn't change anything as Keefe has been unavailable due to injury and Thomas is fringe 22 at best.
Side by side we stand as a club!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back