Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Im told its round 18 and sydney play a top six team away for the first time.

If we reduce the number of games more such (I dont know whether to call it luck or a rort)

There would need to be a genuine draw, then they could take that and schedule the blockbusters

If we reduce the number of games more such (I dont know whether to call it luck or a rort)

There would need to be a genuine draw, then they could take that and schedule the blockbusters

We haven't played the Bulldogs yet, and before we do we'll play Hawthorn, Essendon and Port for the second time. :drunk:

Swings and roundabouts.

I agree though, shorten the draw and make it say 20 rounds, everyone plays eachother once, then schedule the "derbies" and some other novelty round.

So? At the end of the year they will be in the top 6. which means we played a top 6 team away, Again better luck next time champ :thumbsu:

Yep I give up, your team have had a tough away draw.

Are Melbourne, Carlton, WC, Richmond or the GWS a mathematical chance for the top 6 - I will have to go to the ladder predictor.

At the same time last year, Hawthorn had played 1 side in the top 6 as an away game. Geelong, at the MCG.

Yep I give up, your team have had a tough away draw.

Are Melbourne, Carlton, WC, Richmond or the GWS a mathematical chance for the top 6 - I will have to go to the ladder predictor.
You cant do a draw based on positions at the end of a season that hasnt happened yet. Last year Richmond finished 5th (pre-finals), Carlton (6th after finals) with West Coast looking on the up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh right, they weren't top 6 when you played them and they just made it to 6th spot in round 17.

Its not about when you played em, its about where they finish up... North will come top 6, port will have played 3 of possible 5 top 6 teams away (they cant play themselves)

We haven't played the Bulldogs yet, and before we do we'll play Hawthorn, Essendon and Port for the second time. :drunk:

Swings and roundabouts.

I agree though, shorten the draw and make it say 20 rounds, everyone plays eachother once, then schedule the "derbies" and some other novelty round.
At the same time last year, Hawthorn had played 1 side in the top 6 as an away game. Geelong, at the MCG.

So you agree ?

Honestly I can't see the AFL reducing the season to 18 rounds so every time plays each other only once and the AFLPA certainly won't. BY reducing the season it would be a 20% reduction in H&A games, which would see about a reduction in revenue across the clubs of around 12-15%, tv rights would drop by 10%, so would the players take a 10% pay cut? Don't think so.

Are you sure? I'm trying to find the thread on the main board where the Hawthorn supporters are complaining about this anomaly but I can't seem to find it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back