Unofficial Preview Changes/pre-match discussion vs GFC (OUT: Thomas/Hansen/Daw/Dumont | IN: Brown/Basti/Garner/Mullett)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A big week for the club, we've had plenty of them this season but after that loss to a 1 win team (even if Gaz and Swallow were back) and the effort we put in the selection committee has to swing the big axe! I remember St.Kilda doing it in 08-09 with Dal Santo, Milne, Ball etc. and look where it got them?

Out:
Gibson (Is a shadow of the player he has been lately, not having the same impact anymore and we need him at his best)
Atley (Looks like he doesn't want to take the game on anymore, his skills and pace are missing)
Waite (The big name we need to make an example of, isn't playing that big key who can take the game apart role. Yes the supply hasn't been great but need him to play 2's and kick a bag. Come back in with some confidence)
Firrito (Looks slow out there)
Dumont (Stiff I know and don't like this call but would rather him play VFL then be sub again, which will probably happen)

In:
Bastinac, McDonald, Black, Mcmahon, Garner (Sub)

Plenty of other boys have to lift big time next week. Confident they can though!! Just my thoughts early on in the week, obviously that can change)

Haven't read much of this, but FFS Nahas has to go. Yes, I love his passion, blah, blah, blah, but he is the most shitful decision maker and that coupled with below average skills means he is a liability. Set the tone for Saturday's game when he got it from LT at CHF, ran around in a circle (his trademark) and sent a high floating handball away from goals to the opposition's advantage. I turned off soon after that, so maybe he got better (but I doubt it).

Having said that, I'd keep him in before Gibson ...

Haven't read much of this, but FFS Nahas has to go. Yes, I love his passion, blah, blah, blah, but he is the most shitful decision maker and that coupled with below average skills means he is a liability. Set the tone for Saturday's game when he got it from LT at CHF, ran around in a circle (his trademark) and sent a high floating handball away from goals to the opposition's advantage. I turned off soon after that, so maybe he got better (but I doubt it).

Having said that, I'd keep him in before Gibson ...

And just NO to dropping Dumont.

Out: Gibson, Waite, Spud, Jacobs

In: Basti, Brown, Wood, McDonald

Only thing keeping Nahas in is Garners broken thumb

If Daw/Brown/Petrie is too tall,
Move Drew to CHB and play Wood as the third tall.

B. Wright Thompson Hansen
HB. MacMillan Tarrant McDonald
C. NDS Swallow Higgins
HF. Ziebell Petrie Harvey
F. Thomas Waite Brown
Foll. Goldstein Cunnington Dumont
Int. Turner Atley Bastinac
Sub. Wood

I'd have a couple different but the names don't matter, the structure is much better and exactly what i've been banging on about all year.

We need more run, a tall from both ends needs to go.

I'm not one for making sweeping changes and throwing out team balance.

But I would be dropping these 6 straight up. Time to make a statement, even though it's extremely unlikely.

Nahas, Firrito, Atley, Thompson, Gibson and Waite.

Gibson and Thompson in the leadership group? Sweet. Well we're getting nothing in terms of leadership from them anyway. Example of those two can be made.

Atley can dominate the VFL and develop a ball winning mentality before a recall.

Nahas would be unlucky and he hasn't been bad. Performed his role well at times. He's just not AFL standard and doesn't offer enough offensively for a player who we expect to push up the ground, run and carry and deliver the ball forward of centre. He hurts us too much. I'd start looking elsewhere. Harper and Garner are the two I'd be laying the challenge down to right now. Turner the likely immediate call up here though.

Spud was great last year, but he's close to done. Luke Mac, (who I wanted omitted at the beginning of the year) can come into the side and develop.

Waite can have a spell. No free games because we've brought him to the club and I would be changing up the forward structure anyway.

Turner, McDonald, Bastinac, Tippett, Wood, Brown to come in off the top of my head.

Going to revise my earlier team due to current two's form, ie Turner is not showing enough atm to warrant a call up.

Wright Tarrant Thompson

McDonald Hansen Atley

NDS Swallow J Mac

Zeibel Brown Garner

LT Petrie Black

Rucks: Goldy Cunnington Boomer
Int: Wood Jacobs Higgins Sub:Basti

Jacobs to tag Selwood
Boomer, LT or Higgins start in the middle with the other grunt players. Zeibel to play forward with a free reign to smash and hurt anyone in his way.

B: McDonald Tarrant Hansen
HB: Wright Thompson Macmillan
C: Higgins Cunnington Dal Santo
HF: Harvey Ziebell Thomas
FF: Turner Petrie Wood
R:Goldstein Swallow Jacobs

Bench: Daw Dumont Garner
Sub: Atley

Put Atley on notice he plays as a mid or pissess of back to the magoos for garner or turner

Dumont, wood garner have to play the year out.
Fordham, mullett to get some rotations through later in the year.

Effectively
In: McDonald Wood Turner Garner
Out: Gibson Nahas Waite Firrito

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: McDonald, Tarrant, Thompson
HB: Wright, Petrie, McMillan
C: Higgins, NDS, Wood
HF: Harvey, Brown, Ziebell
F: Harper, Daw, Thomas
R: Goldy, Swallow, Cunners
I/C: Atley, Black, Dumont
Sub: Bastinac

Papers Stamped: Gibson, Spud, Waite, Nahas,
Assumed Injured: Garner, Wells.

B: Thompson, Tarrant, McDonald
HB: Wright, Hansen, MacMillan
C: Dal Santo, Cunnington, Wood
HF: Harvey, Petrie, Thomas
F: Higgins, Daw, Turner
R: Goldy, Swallow, Ziebell
I/C: Waite, Bastinac, Dumont
Sub: Atley

I think Waite is getting games purely based off the fact that he is a big name FA signing and not playing him would be admitting we threw good money after bad.

Which is ******* deplorable.

I think Waite is getting games purely based off the fact that he is a big name FA signing and not playing him would be admitting we threw good money after bad.

That's exactly what's happening.

It's just plain wrong.

Waite out for BROWN
Gibson out for WOOD
Firrito out for Mullet
Atley out for McDonald

Hansen very lucky
Basti unlucky but it wouldn't hurt to see him have to bang the door down to get back in

What I would like

out: Waite, Atley, Gibson, Firrito
in: Brown, Bastinac, Wood, Mullett

What will happen
Out Daw, Jacobs
In Brown, Bastinac

That's exactly what is happening. He is being gifted games. Benny brown should play every game for the rest of the season and should not have been dropped before Waite on the form they have shown this year

He's played one game where he has given us what we wanted and it was against a depleated Brisbane side.

If we'd fed Maj those goals in that game he'd have killed it too.

Waite would have to do something spectacular from here on out to change my opinion of him from being nothing more than a mercenary.

Play Brown, Maj and Black.

Drop Waite and push Petrie back.

We are holding on to a broken aging forward line and I no longer see the point.

Dish stays, he's a Roo and would lay down in traffic for the club.

I'm surprised Daw's game is being dismissed as "he got s**t delivery". Not every time he didn't. When the ball travels through your hands 8 inches above your head, that isn't the midfield's fault. Maybe we do need to keep him out there in case he works out what to do. But only if we have given up on the season. I actually thought subbing him was almost the most humane option.

One glaring issue is a slow back line. Swans really exposed us there. Firrito came in last season due to Hansen injury and has held his spot with "good" form. We dont play two ruck men due to team structure so why are we playing Tarrant, Hansen, Thompson, and firrito.....not to mention giving McMahon a game? Might be best 22, but too slow, to play on fast small Fwds and not big enough to play on gorillas. To me McMillan is about the same size as firrito.

Spud out for McDonald
Jacobs out for bastinac
Majak out for brown
Gibson out for mullet
Thomas out for garner
Waite out for wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back