Senior Player contract status list

Updated for Duncan, Caddy and Lonergan contract extensions.

Hopefully we will hear about more contract extensions early in the new year, other than our veteran listed players the key ones out of contract are Hawkins and Motlop, and to a lesser degree Guthrie and Thurlow.

Rainfall

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Aug 10, 2013
Wolf Creek
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Zyzz ~ Forever mirin'
Updated for Duncan, Caddy and Lonergan contract extensions.

Hopefully we will hear about more contract extensions early in the new year, other than our veteran listed players the key ones out of contract are Hawkins and Motlop, and to a lesser degree Guthrie and Thurlow.
Rather resign the latter one more than any

Rather resign the latter one more than any

I like Thurlow but Hawkins and Motlop's signatures are far more important than his. Hopefully they get done soon.

Last edited:

CatsDoItBetter

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
That is one massive list of unsigned players let's hope the club can start ticking them off, I wander if this may be the year calls are made on some LTI players. Menzal, Cowan, Vardy and Simpson are all out of contract Simpson is playing and if he keeps doing so will probably be offered a contract.

I think of the others can't string some games together it might be the end as unfortunate as it would be at some point decisions need to be made. There's also Bates, Toohey, Delaney, Hmac, McCarthy and Hartman (who's gone already). I'd hope Delaney gets another year even though he hasn't played yet I'm not sure why else we would have picked him. The others could or should be all gone at the end of the year though McCarthy has a contract for next year.

That is one massive list of unsigned players let's hope the club can start ticking them off, I wander if this may be the year calls are made on some LTI players. Menzal, Cowan, Vardy and Simpson are all out of contract Simpson is playing and if he keeps doing so will probably be offered a contract.

I think of the others can't string some games together it might be the end as unfortunate as it would be at some point decisions need to be made. There's also Bates, Toohey, Delaney, Hmac, McCarthy and Hartman (who's gone already). I'd hope Delaney gets another year even though he hasn't played yet I'm not sure why else we would have picked him. The others could or should be all gone at the end of the year though McCarthy has a contract for next year.

You may have to add a veteran or two into the calculations too. Surely one or two will retire.
I doubt Hmac would get another contract and I doubt that they will cut McCarthy as he is not out of contract until end of next season. I am under the impression that Delaney is only on a 1 year deal as is Blease.

Aren't all rookie contracts just 1 year - so can't see how Delaney would be signed to a 2 year rookie contact?

Regarding McCarthy - we know he signed a 2-year deal last year, but was it 2 years with no conditions or did the 2nd year have a trigger clause such as 10 games in 2015 required for it to be guaranteed? I only ask because I remember reading after Burbury was delisted last year that he had a 2nd year on his contract, but that it required 10 games to be played in 2014 for the 2nd year to be guaranteed - potentially a similar deal with McCarthy maybe?

Pretty sure I read Delaney and Blease were 1 Yr deals.
Hmac will be done.

Boris I thought would be done but if he wants to go again and form is good I can't see him being pushed - especially with Thurlow and Bews both getting games.
Domsy has 1 more year left and no immediate replacement - Kolo needs games.
HT going again.

Rivers is like Boris. Playing out of his mind right now…. but physically I think is in more of deteriorated state than Boris.

Hartman is gone.
Three of the senior list is the minimum.
Add any of Vardy ( unlikely), Menzel and Cowan ( pending rest of this year).

At least we will get the 3 minimum without really trying.

GO Catters

Moggy

Premiership Player
Sep 7, 2012
Oslo
AFL Club
Geelong
Hmac will be done.

Boris I thought would be done but if he wants to go again and form is good I can't see him being pushed - especially with Thurlow and Bews both getting games.
HT going again.

Rivers is like Boris. Playing out of his mind right now…. but physically I think is in more of deteriorated state than Boris.

Hartman is gone.

GO Catters
Reckon we'll make a call on Menzel and Cowan this year - for good or bad.
Both will get back to fitness and have their chance to play or, sadly, to break down.

Cowan obviously will get another chance, but if he breaks down again then surely the club need to rule him out.

Feels bad to even type this stuff, but there it is...

Cowan obviously will get another chance, but if he breaks down again then surely the club need to rule him out.

Feels bad to even type this stuff, but there it is...
Yep. I could not see him doing a Marcus Drum and just deciding "I have had enough" due to recurring injuries.

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Hmac will be done.

HT going again.

Hartman is gone.

GO Catters
For some reason, Daz, that just makes me feel sad. Would've loved this to have been the case a few years ago when we were scratching around to push a few players out but not now, when it looks like there will be more than just the minimum leaving at the end of the year.

Pure_Ownage - are you still updating this?
I think you just need to take Toohey and Hartman off and extend Blitz's contract. :)

We have left Toohey and Hartman on because technically the club cannot remove them from the official list until list lodgement in october, so we will do the same.

List has been updated for Cockatoo, Gregson and Thurlow.

Ah, ok. Thanks. That makes sense! Sorry :(

nah its ok.tbh I wasnt sure whether to remove them off the list or not its kind of a grey area, but thats what I went with.

Updated for Jordan Murdoch.

Go Catters

good stuff Daz. beat me to it. I've been pretty slack with this thread so glad that you're onto it.

congrats on becoming a mod as well.

good stuff Daz. beat me to it. I've been pretty slack with this thread so glad that you're onto it.

congrats on becoming a mod as well.

All a team effort mate.

Cheers

Go Catters

Back