Player Movement 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

but of a fan of Floros. think he has a load of potential. hasn't got a heap of a run though and queensland are very strong.
my club has just recruited his old man Bill. Very handy player. Reckon Jason will have a better year this year.

Righto, they can sign contracts now! New thread for BigBash contracts?

Tassie the loser out of the CA contracts imo. Shouldn't need to contract Bailey and Cowan, but I guess they've been helped out by Doherty getting one, which I don't agree. Not as much damage for NSW as feared, with Haddin, Starc and Cummins getting contracts. Again don't agree with Haddin, and I don't think we needed to hand out contracts to every single fast bowler...Other 4 states not really affected, although WA will be pleased with MJ getting one, and Vic were probably hoping McKay would get one...

Hughes expected to stay with NSW, Usman still undecided. Thinking about it, Haddin getting a CA contract could be bad news for NSW. Could entice Nevill to move states.

Would love Nevill over here in the West, if we can afford him/he wants to move. Can't see it happening, not like he won't get plenty of chances at NSW with Haddin either on national duties or dispensed with by both Aus and NSW.
He has already moved once from Melbourne to Sydney. Not saying it can't happen, but if I was a 26 year old I wouldn't want to be moving again.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/570192.html

Lee was not the only New South Wales player who did not have his contract renewed; Steven Smith and Doug Bollinger were also dropped, along with Nathan Hauritz and Phillip Hughes, both of whom have been linked with potential interstate moves. Meanwhile, Cricket Tasmania has confirmed that the batsmen George Bailey and Ed Cowan, who missed out on Australia contracts, have both signed with the Tigers this week on two-year deals.

Hmm...

would take Hughes and Bollinger....not sure about Smith.
Im assuming your an SA fan by previous post, if so, S.Smith would captain SA and be in your hall of fame within a year. To say you're unsure about taking him is a joke, compared to the myriad of 2nd XI grade cricketers who have played and failed for SA in the past decade. Most unsuccessful state of the past decade, "not sure" about a guy who has played for Australia and just led his team to a T20 Big Bash title.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im assuming your an SA fan by previous post, if so, S.Smith would captain SA and be in your hall of fame within a year. To say you're unsure about taking him is a joke, compared to the myriad of 2nd XI grade cricketers who have played and failed for SA in the past decade. Most unsuccessful state of the past decade, "not sure" about a guy who has played for Australia and just led his team to a T20 Big Bash title.

Sorry Steve, didn't mean it as a personal insult.;)

But we are talking about a team which just brought in an international spinner to be captain, the coach has already mentioned will play as a Batsmen when Lyon is available

I’m not doubting Smiths talent – I just can’t see him getting a game at SA given the manoeuvring over the off season (and yes I think he is better than Botha but we have already signed him haven’t we)

So an international opening batsmen and an international opening bowler come across as better investments at this point.

redbacks also apparently in talks with James Faulkner

Faulkenr is known to suffer bouts of home sickness for Launceston from both Hobart and Melbourne during the big bash. Throw Adelaide into that mix and it’s further away. Now he has to compete with an all rounders spot with Dan Christian who’s batting is well above what Faulkner has achieved versus what is pretty much an assured place in every Tasmanian team.

Faulkners progress has been solid with the Tigers and I cant imagine a move would be in his best interests.

Faulkenr is known to suffer bouts of home sickness for Launceston from both Hobart and Melbourne during the big bash. Throw Adelaide into that mix and it’s further away. Now he has to compete with an all rounders spot with Dan Christian who’s batting is well above what Faulkner has achieved versus what is pretty much an assured place in every Tasmanian team.

Faulkners progress has been solid with the Tigers and I cant imagine a move would be in his best interests.
Not disagreeing with you, just something I read somewhere. May well not happen.

Sorry Steve, didn't mean it as a personal insult.;)

But we are talking about a team which just brought in an international spinner to be captain, the coach has already mentioned will play as a Batsmen when Lyon is available

I’m not doubting Smiths talent – I just can’t see him getting a game at SA given the manoeuvring over the off season (and yes I think he is better than Botha but we have already signed him haven’t we)

So an international opening batsmen and an international opening bowler come across as better investments at this point.

Your middle order in the last Shield game of the season consisted of Travis Head, Tom Cooper, James Smith and Theo Doropolous.

Steve Smith has a better first class average than everyone else in your team (bar Hughes, now). To say he wouldn't get a game is completely ridiculous.

What I have said/mean, is I can't see SACA recruiting him given what they have already done - i.e picked up a "allrounder" captain who will play as a middle order batsmen when Lyon is around.

hell it isn't like i've called the guy a dud, I didn't realise his whole family posted on this forum :rolleyes:

I think the response can be put down to your nonsensical statement, not to anyone being related to him. If you saw something that was a complete exaggeration, you'd post a reply also!

What I have said/mean, is I can't see SACA recruiting him given what they have already done - i.e picked up a "allrounder" captain who will play as a middle order batsmen when Lyon is around.

hell it isn't like i've called the guy a dud, I didn't realise his whole family posted on this forum :rolleyes:

But you're missing the point that completely ignoring his bowling, he's an accomplished middle order batsman, and he has a better record than every other batsman South Australia has.

Its officially the silly season - WA looking at Ferguson. I would have thought the priorities rank
1. Opening Bat
2. Keeper
3. Bowlers

Given S.Marsh is coming off an Aus contract, North, Voges and hopefully M.Marsh cementing the top 6. Unless they plan to open with Shaun again? Never been a huge fan of Ferguson, FC ave of 35 playing every 2nd game on the highway at the Adelaide oval.

Still, looks like the decks are shuffling quickly.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/06/28/callum-ferguson-in-tug-of-war/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back