NRL Player Movements 2014/15

Remove this Banner Ad

New year new thread.

Panthers are pleased to announce the signing of Wests Tigers forward Ben Murdoch-Masila for the rest of the 2014 and 2015 seasons. Ben will join the Panthers effective immediately.

The Newcastle Knights today announced they would extend Alex McKinnon's player contract beyond 31 October this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James Tedesco to Raiders

To say I'm angry is an understatement. We have stuck by him through all his injuries and the moment money gets thrown in front of his face he leaves. I hope we don't give him a 1st grade game for the rest of the season and develop Curtis Rowe.

To say I'm angry is an understatement. We have stuck by him through all his injuries and the moment money gets thrown in front of his face he leaves. I hope we don't give him a 1st grade game for the rest of the season and develop Curtis Rowe.

Similar I guess to a player like William Zillman.Brought to Canberra from Brisbane to play Jersey Flegg and work his way through the ranks.Scored a few tries in first grade (between two knee reconstructions) he had a bucketload of money thrown at him by Gold Coast.Which he took.
This is part and parcel of the game now.Players are developed by clubs and then, in some instances, follow the money to another club.As Canberra pointed out, only on Saturday, the machinations of the salary cap don't give a stuff about how much money a club spent developing and nurturing its juniors.The salary cap only cares about how much a player is paid.As such, there is less incentive for a club to rack up millions of dollars in expense in order to bring their juniors along just to watch another club reap the results.
Remember Justin Hodges ? Brisbane boy, arrived on the scene, instantly signed by the Roosters. Wayne Bennett dropped him to reserve grade for the rest of the year,a move he (Bennett) says now, was, in hindsight, "rash".
Mick Potter is battling to keep his job for next year. Will he make his task a little more difficult by not playing Tedesco again ? Not likely.Potter don't have the stature in the game, nor the cahunas, to make that call.

Mick Potter is battling to keep his job for next year. Will he make his task a little more difficult by not playing Tedesco again ? Not likely.Potter don't have the stature in the game, nor the cahunas, to make that call.

I think he could. Yes Tedesco has formed a good partnership this season with Luke Brooks but I'd rather let Rowe develop (he hasn't looked out of place) a partnership with Brooks himself. There is talk among the supporters of moving Nofoaluma or Richards to full back and playing Rowe out on the wing.

Anthony Milford to Broncos

Further to this, Canberra have today advised the QRL that from 2015, they will no longer fund Souths/Logan to use as a feeder team.
Reasons for this are twofold.
1) It's easier (and cheaper) to use Mt Pritchard in the NSW Cup as a feeder team. Less travel time and expense.
2) Reduces the "risk" of Queensland born and bred players "using" the Raiders (and Souths/Logan) to hone their skills and gain experience and then return home to the Broncos or even the Titans.ie: Signing players to come to Canberra with the intention of staying in Canberra.
While I believe that losing Anthony Milford (Brisbane born and bred) to the Broncos was'nt necessarily the catalyst for this decision, I would'nt be surprised if it was the final nail in the coffin for the relationship between the two clubs.

I think he could. Yes Tedesco has formed a good partnership this season with Luke Brooks but I'd rather let Rowe develop (he hasn't looked out of place) a partnership with Brooks himself. There is talk among the supporters of moving Nofoaluma or Richards to full back and playing Rowe out on the wing.
Got your wish. Tedesco now trying to back out of the deal.

Has backed out of the deal.
So, does Potter now not play him again this season to punish him for wanting out ?
Or does he play him and risk losing him for the season to yet another injury ?
Decisions, decisions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back