List Mgmt. Player re-signings

Remove this Banner Ad

Not including the 2014 bunch as most look signed up but from the under 25 bunch out of contract next year and yet to receive an extension are:

Rhys Stanley
Jack Steven - Apparently he has indeed already got one just not announced yet.
Arryn Siposs
Dylan Roberton
Tom Simpkin

Siposs is facing a make it or delisted season you'd think same as Simpkin so i'd say both are extremely unlikely to be given an extension yet.

Roberton you would think will be a wait and see one also just because of his ankles, hopefullly he can get back to that early 2013 form.

Stanley who knows, could be among them.
hickey?

2014 offseason blokes bruce and savage, do we know how long they got given?

My guess at how it will play out:
Tomorrow: Weller (2016)
Friday: Billings (2017)
Monday: Murdoch (2016)
Tuesday: Steven (2018)

Shenton will miss out (EDIT: on futurefest announcement) due to age. Steven is same age but future star of the club if not already.

Last edited:

My guess at how it will play out:
Tomorrow: Weller (2016)
Friday: Billings (2017)
Monday: Murdoch (2016)
Tuesday: Steven (2018)

Shenton will miss out due to age. Steven is same age but future star of the club if not already.
thought Shents had a contract put to him?

Tomorrows clue;

ByRwfUfIAAAGAZm.png

Sounds like Savage to me or Shenton.

Interesting sign ups and extensions.

I expect a serious turn over this year and next.

Are we locking players away in the event that if they are to leave, at least we can trade them instead of having them walk?

Would love to know the motivation behind the strategy.

Update time... the 'Future Fest' XXII...

FB: Wright - ***** - *****
HB: Webster - ***** - Newnes
RK: Pierce - Dunstan - Ross
CR: Saunders - Curren - Acres
HF: Minchington - ***** - Markworth
FF: ***** - White - Templeton
Int: [Billings] - [Weller] - Murdoch - *****

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of our few players who could have a highlight reel on his boot but instead they go with tackles and a spoil!?!? o_O

Very happy with this one. Got all the tools does Murdoch.

My favourite of all our youngsters hope he gets run through the guts over the next couple of years. His centre clearance work in the VFL is ridiculously good, hard at it, clean with hands and foot, massive man crush!

Murdoch had a few great moments towards the end of the year. Got all the tangibles you want.

Just a general thought on the contract extensions - I know some is some reservation about the approach of extending existing contracts for somewhat prospective players and moving everyone off the rookie list. My thinking is that it is Ameet Bains is carefully structuring our contracts for the next few years in line with our overall recruiting strategy and salary cap management. Even if we land a big fish this trade period (Sheil, Cameron et cetera) I think we'd struggle to meet minimum player payments and we need to free up as much space as possible for 2016/17 to poach available free agents. This means we need a clear contract management strategy to front end as many contracts as we can now while still leaving enough in the cap to roll over into future years. We need clarity on our contracts over the next few years, so lock up players like Templeton (even if he can stay as a rookie), TC, Ross, Webster, Murdoch and the like for the next few years so we know exactly how much we're spending, how it fits into our strategy and avoid surprises. While we're at it we're also showing the young kids we are dedicated to them and expect the same in return.

Really hope/think he'll become a regular next year. Like Siposs has all the right tools, but seems to have the desire aswell.

I think he brings more tbh. He's biggest problem is where to play him. Hopefully he becomes a monster midfielder!

I think he brings more tbh. He's biggest problem is where to play him. Hopefully he becomes a monster midfielder!
No doubt he brings more to the table, I meant as in like siposs he has all the right tools but more importantly the tool above his head is what probably seperates him.

Murdoch can't find the footy at AFL level.

Comes on as the sub a lot of the time and very often makes no impact because he simply can't find the footy.

No doubt he can use it, however for me so far he has been pretty disappointing at AFL level. Seen him at VFL level where he's impressed, so hopefully that translates to AFL level soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back