List Mgmt. Player re-signings

Remove this Banner Ad

Murdoch can't find the footy at AFL level.

Comes on as the sub a lot of the time and very often makes no impact because he simply can't find the footy.

No doubt he can use it, however for me so far he has been pretty disappointing at AFL level. Seen him at VFL level where he's impressed, so hopefully that translates to AFL level soon.
To be fair, sub is one of the hardest roles to play, especially when you come in and play off half-forward in a team that's getting smashed.

To be fair, sub is one of the hardest roles to play, especially when you come in and play off half-forward in a team that's getting smashed.

Yep, fair point.

Just I've been a little disappointed with his output when he's come on as the sub for a quarter or a quarter and a half and had 2 kicks.

Also when he's started on the ground, he doesn't find a lot of the footy. I think it's the major thing letting him down at the moment.

Comes on as the sub a lot of the time and very often makes no impact because he simply can't find the footy.

No doubt he can use it, however for me so far he has been pretty disappointing at AFL level. Seen him at VFL level where he's impressed, so hopefully that translates to AFL level soon.
Bit harsh I think, particularly for a second year player. He does seem a little raw but he'd often play in the back half as a sub which is a bit of a tough gig for a young player in our side (no midfield pressure). When we threw him forward later in the year he put himself into some dangerous places, looked like he could've kicked 3 or 4 at times if it wasn't for a slight lack of composure. Hasn't had much of a chance in the guts yet.

Ideally would Brodie be a HF or mid?
watch him in the vfl and he is a complete mid. his clearance work, particularly out of the centre is amazing and he has this inate ability to spread from congestion and feign a kick forward only to handball it to a teammate whos player has come off him to smother brodies kick. hope that makes sense.
Richo is right saying he has good endurance and speed he hits the contest hard. the knock i will agree with is his ability to generate possessions but I think the way he plays in the vfl he is very much a see ball get ball or see man tackle man player and i think he will flourish on the ball.

I think a huge knock for all our youngsters is their handball receive numbers.

I know saying that is quite simplistic but I honestly think its a mindset thing. geelongs young players seem to be always taking the game on, breaking lines, using their pace and i think its what is missing from the games of webster, newnes, wright, murdoch, ross to a lesser extent as he is an inside mid. I honestly dont see a lot of webster and murdoch really creating and being an option running outside of the pack but i think this will improve with their game sense and transition work.

Would be nice if he only played one position, but with his versatility he's been played in every 3rd of the ground. Big effort for a 2nd year player. Hopefullly he can settle somewhere next year and get some consistency.

For tomorrows..

ByXJfOYIgAAYHhY.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope this means we aren't upgrading Shents :D

Surely it's Bruce but that would have to put him to 2017+ wouldn't it? I thought he was already here til 2016

I reckon I'm half chance of getting a contract the way they are handing them out :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back