List Mgmt. Player re-signings

Remove this Banner Ad

we offered acres 4 years ? why not paddy
This is just my take on it, i may be wrong.
Its not just about what we offer, its also about what their managers want to accept.
Acres is showing potential but its not guarenteed he will be a gun.
So he & his blood sucking manager would jump at 3 or 4 yrs.
Paddy on the other hand. Even though he is also yet to truly prove himself, being a number 1 draft pick and much highly rated will more than likely end up being much better.
We would be offering Paddy good money but we wouldnt throw the world at him yet. So his manager wont want to sign 4 yrs at good money. Think theyd rather agree on a contract extention for a couple of yrs on good money and when then the next contract is due thats when the huge money will be asked for.
So basically we dont wanna pay Boyd type dollars just yet and they dont wanna commit to too long on just good money.
Makes sense? Probably not :p

Growing at that rate its no wonder he's not playing top level footy yet. His body doesn't even know how high off the ground it is.

Depends if his muscle mass is following suit with his growing, as you can forecast this somewhat with his shoulders and from the images I've seen of JBT, he'd appear to be on the skinny side which may then lead to down the track a lot of soft tissue injuries. The Mountain appears to, from images have him covered across the chest, Miller may have him covered in the quads and legs, JBT might be the more complete of the three atm in terms of overall body development and he just don't look like an almost 2m man that would break you, he instead looks like he could gain 5-10kg.

Depends if his muscle mass is following suit with his growing, as you can forecast this somewhat with his shoulders and from the images I've seen of JBT, he'd appear to be on the skinny side which may then lead to down the track a lot of soft tissue injuries. The Mountain appears to, from images have him covered across the chest, Miller may have him covered in the quads and legs, JBT might be the more complete of the three atm in terms of overall body development and he just don't look like an almost 2m man that would break you, he instead looks like he could gain 5-10kg.
i think co-ordination is a lot to do with how used to your body you are as well though.
and if a body is growing a lot it can affect a kid.

we need to really get Armitage extended. hope it will happen this year and not wait until he is restricted.

Armo will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of his next contract I believe (2016 - that's 10 years on our list). But I have almost no fears of him leaving. If he stayed on through the first few years where he could barely crack a game under Ross, the years with Gold Coast and GWS picking through everyone's lists, and the years where he deserved a game but was still struggling/under-performing then I can't see him leaving now! Only thing would be him demanding a ridiculous contract that the club is unwilling to offer. Again, seems unlikely to me.

Armo will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of his next contract I believe (2016 - that's 10 years on our list). But I have almost no fears of him leaving. If he stayed on through the first few years where he could barely crack a game under Ross, the years with Gold Coast and GWS picking through everyone's lists, and the years where he deserved a game but was still struggling/under-performing then I can't see him leaving now! Only thing would be him demanding a ridiculous contract that the club is unwilling to offer. Again, seems unlikely to me.
Half a chance they'll make him captain the way he's going.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back