Rumour Player Revolt

Remove this Banner Ad

the selwood rumour does have some merit... brother plays for geelong... adam has retired, maybe he will return to victoria... parents live in victoria too...

Adam didn't have a problem living here by himself. Neither did Troy in Brisbane. I assume Scott won't either.

the selwood rumour does have some merit... brother plays for geelong... adam has retired, maybe he will return to victoria... parents live in victoria too...
i suggested we try to trade him (or Gaff admittedly) for O'Meara after the first few rounds when it was apparent our midfield wasn't going anywhere, much to the resistance of people on here.

Now it's obvious that O'Meara would cost far more than Scooter, but I still think we should give him the option to go back to Vic in return for a high draft pick.

Anyway...this is about revolting players, so back on topic

The rumour was aired on PR, just before 7pm tonight, I presume that is where the OP got the rumour. Hardie said that Shuey was disgruntled with the coaching staff. When pressed further about his sources he just said he had heard them on the grapevine. ;)

The way the last 3 weeks went down I would not be surprised if there was player discontent. A player revolt seems a bit over the top though.

Would love to move Scooter on, drops his shoulder everytime he sees contact coming and he couldn't hit the side of a barn with his kicking. Attacks hard and can find the ball, but is a supremely frustrating player. He is just as much a problem in our midfield as Priddis. Can't fault either for effort, but you've either got it or you don't.

Would love to move Scooter on, drops his shoulder everytime he sees contact coming and he couldn't hit the side of a barn with his kicking. Attacks hard and can find the ball, but is a supremely frustrating player. He is just as much a problem in our midfield as Priddis. Can't fault either for effort, but you've either got it or you don't.

Selwood > Priddis, he's a better clearance player, converts first touch into actual clearances more often, better when given time and space.

His problem this year was the bulk of his possession were won in close, under pressure, when our structures required Naitanui styled taps rather than Cox's more workmanlike taps, which still gave us first use, but tighter and in close. The gameplan and the tap work were incongruent, which was a big problem.

Selwood first half last year was outstanding, was a big reason he won last years club champion award. If he can back to those lofty heights, he is worth retaining. This year was an aberration for him, his disposal was woeful, clearances directly to the opposition (priddis style!) and he wasnt making the same impact as he had the year before. Lets hope he can rectify this for us next year, (unless this "trade" does go through). :)

If we're going to keep Scooter i'd like to see us lock him in the gym for the entire preseason and only let him out to play kick to kick with Hurn. Need to turn him into a strong bodied midfielder who can lay blocks but also monster his way through congestion. Also needs to get his kicking back to serviceable, at a minimum.

So what currency does he have then if the above is true?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, if the Melbourne thing is true, I'd take pick 2 and run.

But what QS is saying, if the criticisms of Scooter are accurate, Melbs wouldn't be handing over pick 2. ;)

EDIT: QS got the bacon first.

Pains me to say it, but WA footy is a lot better when both teams are up and about (okay, at least playing finals) - and all the talk of your players being disgruntled with Woosh isn't helping this at all

Reminds me of Harvey in 2011 - if the rumours were true the players wanted him out and the leadership group went to the club and asked for a new coach (or something along those lines) - if you guys did that and signed Roos (providing he doesn't go to Melbourne) that would be pretty epic - or sign Harvey from Brisbane (just for lulz :D)

So what currency does he have then if the above is true?

My comment was obviously made in the context of the pick 2 rumours above. As for why Melbourne would do it, I would think the value they placed on Dawes answers that question. He's tough and he's hard at it, and he could probably captain Melbourne going forward. Not worth pick 2, but crazier things have happened. Unless he drastically changes his game, he's nothing but another B grade plodder in a West Coast midfield full of B graders. Pick 2 would give us the opportunity to grab a potential A grader, we'd be crazy to not jump at it.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...st-coast-showing/story-fniv5weh-1226701141095

It's not that hard to believe. Kerr was pretty obviously shelved and for Shuey to say that s**t in the media?...

He'll probably bail back to Victoria before too long anyway, don't get too attached.

But he said it was imperative they buy into coach John Worsfold's game plan.

"It's the right game plan - we've played really well at some stages this season."

Yeah, how dare he say that s**t! He's obviously leading the revolt against Worsfold...

If these rumours are true, Woosha has obviously lost the players. Surely he is NO chance of being coach next year. Would have to be one hell of a presentation he would have to present to the board for them to resign him.

If these rumours are true, Woosha has obviously lost the players. Surely he is NO chance of being coach next year. Would have to be one hell of a presentation he would have to present to the board for them to resign him.

Not really, but if you read the article Shuey is saying that it was hard for the players to be confident in the game plan when there was no consistency in the team. They have to play together to get used to the game plan. All common sense what he said, really. Media, as usual, use a one line heading, Players lose faith in the game plan and voila, you suddenly have a conspiracy on your hands. ;) It's that easy. :p

Yeah, but we all know that to be true! :eek:

I know a man ain't supposed to cry
But these tears I can't hold inside
Losing Shue would end my life you see
Because he means that much to me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back