Rumour Player Revolt

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see why, there is a rumour button for a reason.

I'm not sure, I did hear Shuey's name, but like I said, could be a complete load of crap. I'm just starting to believe it a bit more each time I think about it.

Shuey came out publicly and said he didn't believe in the game plan and some of the other boys lost faith in it.

The rumour was aired on PR, just before 7pm tonight, I presume that is where the OP got the rumour. Hardie said that Shuey was disgruntled with the coaching staff. When pressed further about his sources he just said he had heard them on the grapevine. ;)
It wasn't actually. I initially heard it from someone I know who seems to know involved in WAFL. I had taken it with a grain of salt, but now they're picking up..

Hell, Hardie probably took said rumour from my post. I swear that's where they get half their material..

Did you even read the article?

Shuey, who himself has missed six games this year due to hamstring issues, is confident the team possesses the talent to challenge for next year's premiership.

But he said it was imperative they buy into coach John Worsfold's game plan.

"I don't think there has been a lot of trust on-field amongst the group, just in terms of our game plan,'' Shuey said.

"It's the right game plan - we've played really well at some stages this season.

"I think it's matter of finding out why we have these injuries, getting everyone on the park and then getting everyone to buy into the one game plan and start gelling together.

"It certainly makes a difference playing with guys you haven't played with a lot.

"You look at Geelong and there is a reason they are probably the best team in the competition - half of their team has played 150 games together.''

(emphasis mine)

Can you please specify the quote which indicates Shuey does not believe in the gameplan?

"I don't think there has been a lot of trust on-field amongst the group, just in terms of our game plan,'' Shuey said

That's just from the first google result, I can't remember where the other player revolt came from.

People are looking into this revolt way to much.

Shuey in no way said he didn't believe the game plan , he was just stating that with all the players coming in and out of the squad through injury the players from the WAFL are finding it hard to take it all in and go out there execute it. Sometimes i think this comes down to all the players playing in different WAFL teams and not playing the same game plan.

Scooter and Shuey are going nowhere and they have signed on till the end of 2015 and Shueys mum has moved over also. Adam Selwood even announced on the podcast he is staying Perth. So people are silly to think that we would even trade Scooter.

This is exactly why WC needs a reserve WAFL team. Why are we so behind on this? Successful Vic clubs have reserve teams, why don't we?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is exactly why WC needs a reserve WAFL team. Why are we so behind on this? Successful Vic clubs have reserve teams, why don't we?

Agreed and next year it will be good when what ever gameplan we have at least the WAFL boys will be on the same page as the senior teams. Then at least when we have fringe players coming in they can have some idea as to what to do. People forget that the forward press is very hard to implement and is very different to the one on one style football that goes on in the WAFL.

Shuey came out publicly and said he didn't believe in the game plan and some of the other boys lost faith in it.

no he didnt...he said they hadnt adhered to the game plan. He said it was the right game plan, but the team hadnt stuck to it.

There was definitely something dodgy about the way Kerr was treated towards the end IMO

Maybe the rumor actually has some truth to it for once.
The fact he wasn't able to get on the park and train at all after a single week in the WAFL should tell you why he wasn't picked.

"I don't think there has been a lot of trust on-field amongst the group, just in terms of our game plan,'' Shuey said

That's just from the first google result, I can't remember where the other player revolt came from.
And the next line says

"It's the right game plan - we've played really well at some stages this season.

"I think it's matter of finding out why we have these injuries, getting everyone on the park and then getting everyone to buy into the one game plan and start gelling together.

Agreed and next year it will be good when what ever gameplan we have at least the WAFL boys will be on the same page as the senior teams. Then at least when we have fringe players coming in they can have some idea as to what to do. People forget that the forward press is very hard to implement and is very different to the one on one style football that goes on in the WAFL.

Mate everyone plays the forward press, it is old news now. They play it in the amateurs even. We are two years behind every club at West Coast. Well Woosha is anyway.

As for Scooter going, well I don't think he will but if he ended up playing at geelong he would be playing a fair bit in the VFL. What spot would he take? Kelly, Bartel, Corey, Duncan, Johnson, Christinson etc etc. No chance in hell he would play in their midfield.

Mate everyone plays the forward press, it is old news now. They play it in the amateurs even. We are two years behind every club at West Coast. Well Woosha is anyway.

As for Scooter going, well I don't think he will but if he ended up playing at geelong he would be playing a fair bit in the VFL. What spot would he take? Kelly, Bartel, Corey, Duncan, Johnson, Christinson etc etc. No chance in hell he would play in their midfield.

Scooter would start in Geelong's midfield. Corey is past it as a mid and can be used in a defensive role. Bartel is often used up forward or down back. Stevie J isn't a pure midfielder either. Scooter is good enough to play for the cats and would probably pick up Ling's old role.

Scooter would start in Geelong's midfield. Corey is past it as a mid and can be used in a defensive role. Bartel is often used up forward or down back. Stevie J isn't a pure midfielder either. Scooter is good enough to play for the cats and would probably pick up Ling's old role.

Agree.

Makes sense the way Hutchings got dropped for no good reason late in the season.

Hardly think a rookie would be in a position to make demands of how the club/coaching staff operate. He'd know his place and be just working his arse off to get the best out of himself and stay on a senior list for more than a year.

People are looking into this revolt way to much.

Shuey in no way said he didn't believe the game plan , he was just stating that with all the players coming in and out of the squad through injury the players from the WAFL are finding it hard to take it all in and go out there execute it. Sometimes i think this comes down to all the players playing in different WAFL teams and not playing the same game plan.

Scooter and Shuey are going nowhere and they have signed on till the end of 2015 and Shueys mum has moved over also. Adam Selwood even announced on the podcast he is staying Perth. So people are silly to think that we would even trade Scooter.

Well thats a very lovely and convenient excuse for our team Chris, but there's only one giant problem with that, and they are down the road from us showing us how it should be done (unfortunately). Freo are in the same situation with players in the wafl as we are, and they had almost as many injuries as us this year, yet their players that came in managed to execute thier game plan well enough to win games against good sides, so unfortunately that excuse doesnt hold up for us. Most of us can see that there is a problem with the "give it to Priddis, bomb it to Kennedy/Darling" game plan that we have been using for the last few seasons, so if we can see it and are fed up with it, how do you think the players must feel?
Not to mention the morale deflation that must occur everytime the MC makes another baffling choice of player each week, despite young players performing well when given thier opportunity. There is something wrong at WC at the moment, and to deny that is folly when the results are there for all to see after this season. Its not an overreaction to admit there's a problem and look for a solution IMO.

I said a while ago that I heard a rumour, around round 16/17, that Kerr was as good as gone to Carlton for a year to play one last year with his mate.
With all that's been said about rifts and game plans between him and Woosh above it does now start to make sense.

Come on now, bring on Yarran.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back