El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Looks great.

Are people going to start to accept that the sky isn't falling on this issue?

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
I look forward to being able to match some lesser known faces to their names.

'You need to watch more footy if you don't know all the numbers' is a thoroughly stupid argument. I watch neutral games for fun and relaxation, not because I want to use the AFL as a brain training exercise where I have to memorize 800 player numbers.

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This photo shows how a long name would look on a jumper. I don't think it is anywhere near as much of an issue as some people have tried to make of it.

CQolLhr.jpg

Trent85

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This photo shows how a long name would look on a jumper. I don't think it is anywhere near as much of an issue as some people have tried to make of it.

CQolLhr.jpg

That's not a match day jumper
this is

BlKKjVYCEAAw49r.jpg

The lettering is weird from the stitching and the GPS pocket

TheMcGrathMan

Club Legend
May 24, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I look forward to being able to match some lesser known faces to their names.

'You need to watch more footy if you don't know all the numbers' is a thoroughly stupid argument. I watch neutral games for fun and relaxation, not because I want to use the AFL as a brain training exercise where I have to memorize 800 player numbers.

I do agree with this. When GWS & Melbourne are pumping through 30 players a month, it's hard to know who's who when you don't really give a * outside those 2 hours.

I've seen much worse ideas from the AFL. I don't think this is a particularly great idea either, but I certainly don't think it's going to be an issue/lower crowds/take people away from the game...

HalloweenJack

All Australian
Mar 19, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth Arsenal New York Yankees
Saw them on AFL 360. They look great and if I was 13 again my Blues guernsey would definitely have Jezza's name and number.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
I've always liked the fact that it's numbers only, but it's not a particularly big issue.

It'll take some adjusting at first.

Back