Mod. Notice "Player Watch threads" - The Definitive Poll | Have your say now!

Which system do you prefer?

• Current: "Player Watch" threads on the main board

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Former: "Player Watch" threads on subforum

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In terms of major news, such as injury, contract, suspension, scandal I am. But just as a sorta update of what discussion is currently taking place in the thread, I don't really enjoy it. I guess as we're making the switch over it makes sense, but over time as people get used to player watch threads I don't think we need it. I mean, if you look back on the major threads we've had on here about players, the giant Houli thread was just 'Merged Houli threads', not 'Merged Houli threads - Is Knights a racist?' or some crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More exposure here, I like it.
Can it be programmed so that automatically after 3 days of not talking about a player it goes back into the player watch section?

Poll closes tomorrow, so please make sure you vote if you haven't already.

"Current" is leading by around 15 votes; we've got around 10 times that amount of board users that haven't voted, so every vote counts.

Also, if you wish to change your vote for whatever reason, PM me.

Cheers.

More exposure here, I like it.
Can it be programmed so that automatically after 3 days of not talking about a player it goes back into the player watch section?
It can't be programmed, but it could be done manually.

I don't know how practical that'd be though; what benefits would you see in doing it? (Just asking the question)

I guess it's easier to search for players, sometimes I like to just scroll through the players, pick one out I haven't read about in a while and think about how they've been going in games or ask how they've been going in VFL/training.
Sometimes players become a hot topic on here because of form or lack of it, sometimes even controversy, it could be cool to drag the player out of the Player Watch and attach a tag to it like you guys have been doing recently :) I guess some OCD people have been hating on the "messiness" of it all, doesn't bother me a bit, you should see my computer desk.
I don't know if this too impractical as I haven't done the mod thing before.

I guess it's easier to search for players, sometimes I like to just scroll through the players, pick one out I haven't read about in a while and think about how they've been going in games or ask how they've been going in VFL/training.
Sometimes players become a hot topic on here because of form or lack of it, sometimes even controversy, it could be cool to drag the player out of the Player Watch and attach a tag to it like you guys have been doing recently :) I guess some OCD people have been hating on the "messiness" of it all, doesn't bother me a bit, you should see my computer desk.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forum...ost&order=desc&daysprune=-1&prefixid=essplyrs

Use that link :thumbsu:

Clicking the player watch button at the top of the forum pretty much does the same thing as what you want to do.

edit. Or do what AS9 just said.

I decided not to be a part of the vote, as whilst I don't mind Player Watch threads on the main board, it still needs improvement.

I feel that it would be much better if the No Prefix button was strictly Player Watch and that the posts per page in Player Watch threads increased to about 30 or 40.

Thread has reached its climax on the back of a grubby finish. Barring a last minute appeal from the sub board it looks like the player threads will remain on the main board. We will be working to ensure it runs as smoothly as possible. Another poll may be heading your way soon as Kong previously alluded to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back