Player X vs Y.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shelvey vs Wilshere

Last edited:

Ronaldo/Benzema/Bale vs Ronaldo/Rooney/Tevez

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a pure winger, Figo.

Best winger of the last 15 years IMO.

See, this is where things get very interesting and I think the argument is valid. Figo was a Balon d'Or winner in an era with about 10-15 quality superstars in contention. I think if you had Figo in this era, he'd be up with Ronaldo and Messi- the only reason Figo never broke goal scoring records was because at club level he had Ronaldo/Raul in front of him at Real, Zlatan in front of him at Inter and Pauleta in front of him internationally. Also arguably a better leader than Cristiano.

See, this is where things get very interesting and I think the argument is valid. Figo was a Balon d'Or winner in an era with about 10-15 quality superstars in contention. I think if you had Figo in this era, he'd be up with Ronaldo and Messi- the only reason Figo never broke goal scoring records was because at club level he had Ronaldo/Raul in front of him at Real, Zlatan in front of him at Inter and Pauleta in front of him internationally. Also arguably a better leader than Cristiano.
Figo wasn't a goal scoring winger in the same sense Ronaldo is. He was a pure winger who would play on the right side majority of the time, and right footed. A rarity these days with all these inside forwards.

Just about the best crosser I've seen. Both feet, could dribble, wasn't slow, plenty of technique too.

Don't think he'd ever break goal scoring records. The most goals he scored in a season was 10.

I think you picking Sterling and ADL9798 picking Coutinho is 1-4 each. So it's all good.

Ha ha, I think the heady heights of a 1 game winning streak is getting to you jod. ;)

I haven't picked Sterling or Coutinho fwiw, like all the other comparisons in the thread I'll leave that for those that like that sort of thing. I'm happy with Sterling at the club so why should I care about another clubs player?

Ha ha, I think the heady heights of a 1 game winning streak is getting to you jod. ;)

I haven't picked Sterling or Coutinho fwiw, like all the other comparisons in the thread I'll leave that for those that like that sort of thing. I'm happy with Sterling at the club so why should I care about another clubs player?
All a bit of fun mate. Couldnt believe the result myself. You'll still win the league quite comfortably IMO.

Lucky for Skrtel's volley too otherwise all the "for one" jokes wouldnt work with "three one"

Koscielny vs Sakho

No Liverpool or Arsenal supporters please.

It's definitely Koscielny. Has played elite football for much longer and much more consistently than Sakho. Sakho on his best day might be a little better than Koscielny's, but Koscielny's consistency definitely gives him the edge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back