Player X vs Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swan V Griffen ?
Mids are Gazz..SJ..Beams..Watson..Murphy..Polec..dunstan..Tyson(ellis..lemmens)
Both good value. Griffen gives you greater flexibilty with the upcoming rd.8 bye. Swanny is just Swanny and is just starting to hit his straps. It's really up to you. Does the rd.8 bye effect you that much? If not then in comes Swanny. If it does, pick up Griff and grab Dane once his bye is done

Swan V Griffen ?
Mids are Gazz..SJ..Beams..Watson..Murphy..Polec..dunstan..Tyson(ellis..lemmens)

These are Swans first 3 rounds averages over the past few years (year average in brackets):
2014-74.7 (92.4)
2013-110 (117.3)
2012-100.3 (126.2)
2011-142 (122) - fair outlier
2010-112 (126.9)
2009-112 (123.2)

With the exception of 2011, he's had a massive increase from his first 3 rounds for the year. The thing is, if he now averages 120 for the rest of the year, he might not necessarily get top 8 mids (av 120 for the rest of the year would be 2500 points for Swanny @ 113.7, I'd expect Ablett/Selwood/Pendles/Beams/Rockliff/Watson/Johnson/Boyd could all beat that), but at $525k for av 120 a week is huge.

There's a couple of things going against Swan for me 1) his bye round (already have Ablett/Beams/SJ/Cotch) & 2) maybe this year is just the year he just isn't that good SC wise..plenty of players have had their scoring decrease in a year due to a number of factors (e.g. Boyd & Murphy 2013 went down, Bartel 2009-2010 went from super premium in 07 to barely over 100 for the year).

But I definitely think that the history of Swans first 3 rounds compared to his yearly average is significant, and something for you to consider.

Personally, I'll be leaning towards Griffen, just because I can't risk 1600-1700 over the byes (I have got the 3rd best team in my league in rnd 8 which is a team heavy on Hawks and Bombers players, and only Ablett/Pendlebury/D.Swallow/Jaensch/Jack Riewoldt as premiums for round 8 so will be up against it). But if you are confident navigating round 8 including Swan, go for it. BE of 79, you won't see him cheaper.

Personally, I'll be leaning towards Griffen, just because I can't risk 1600-1700 over the byes (I have got the 3rd best team in my league in rnd 8 which is a team heavy on Hawks and Bombers players, and only Ablett/Pendlebury/D.Swallow/Jaensch/Jack Riewoldt as premiums for round 8 so will be up against it). But if you are confident navigating round 8 including Swan, go for it. BE of 79, you won't see him cheaper.

Good post, but not sure we can take you serious with this, :eek:

;):D:rainbow:

Good post, but not sure we can take you serious with this, :eek:

;):D:rainbow:

Haha very true! Not a premo is he...but

His forward line is N.Riewoldt-J.Riewoldt-Breust-Pav-Chapman-Fasolo (Lloyd, Taylor)

Mine is Dangerfield-Martin-Breust-Pav-Fasolo-Lloyd (Taylor, JKH)

His forward line is going to smash mine in round 8!

Trading out Titch;

Parker (491k)
DPP
rd 10 bye
'14 ave - 101
2014 100+ games - 1 (v Ade)
6.6% ownership ATM

v

Gray (444k)
DPP
rd 9 bye
'14 ave -94
2014 100+ games - 2 (v Carl, v Bris)
2.7% ownership ATM

Thuggee_Cult SureBuddy14 thoughts?

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier krk004, it was a SC/Bigfooty free weekend for me :eek:

Don't think you could go wrong with either, who did you go for?

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier krk004, it was a SC/Bigfooty free weekend for me :eek:

Don't think you could go wrong with either, who did you go for?

Ended up Titch > Fasolo, Michie > Cripps.

Banked the cash for next few weeks, :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JPK or Fyfe.

Goldstein vs Cox vs Minson vs Jacobs

Cheers
Jacobs. Cox has NicNat, Minson just isn't right, and Goldstein doesn't look to be in good form.

So you did get him in? Despite the 18 warnings you had!

Sure did. :thumbsu:

It was out of him and Jacobs and I don't think Jacobs has come up against much plus he has round 8 bye which = bad for my team.

Minson hasn't even got out of first gear yet. Wont be long before he does and I will be reaping all the rewards.

Mahahahaaa!

Sure did. :thumbsu:

It was out of him and Jacobs and I don't think Jacobs has come up against much plus he has round 8 bye which = bad for my team.

Minson hasn't even got out of first gear yet. Wont be long before he does and I will be reaping all the rewards.

Mahahahaaa!

I have Pyke and I'm keeping him till Mumford is back which is ******* painful but I have to wear it. What I don't like about Jacobs is that he's been getting 20 touches and having what seems a fair influence but only just getting over the 100. If they start paying attention to him I can see him throwing up 70-80 which is why I'm waiting for the beast, I have the money there burning a hole in my pocket while Dickhead Pyke spuds it up. COME BACK MUMMY!

I have Pyke and I'm keeping him till Mumford is back which is ******* painful but I have to wear it. What I don't like about Jacobs is that he's been getting 20 touches and having what seems a fair influence but only just getting over the 100. If they start paying attention to him I can see him throwing up 70-80 which is why I'm waiting for the beast, I have the money there burning a hole in my pocket while Dickhead Pyke spuds it up. COME BACK MUMMY!

They are not going to tag Jacobs. He has seriously improved his mobility this preseason. The only players who could go with him around the ground are Nic Nat and Blicavs. And there are 15 more teams to play.

I might put Minson into that group, but I think he is injury hampered. Cox is on the decline methinks.

They are not going to tag Jacobs. He has seriously improved his mobility this preseason. The only players who could go with him around the ground are Nic Nat and Blicavs. And there are 15 more teams to play.

I might put Minson into that group, but I think he is injury hampered. Cox is on the decline methinks.

People keep saying Mino is injury hampered but from every Bullldogs supporter I've spoken to say he isn't carrying any injury.

I think its just that he hasn't got out of first gear yet but when he does look out!

People keep saying Mino is injury hampered but from every Bullldogs supporter I've spoken to say he isn't carrying any injury.

I think its just that he hasn't got out of first gear yet but when he does look out!

Gretchin, stop trying to make "Mino" happen. It's not going to happen.

I didn't say tagged, just accountable.

JPK or Fyfe.

Goldstein vs Cox vs Minson vs Jacobs

Cheers

Right now? Jacobs.

After the byes? Goldstein. He'll drop big after travelling to Freo, probably bottom out against GC, then he's got a bye. I plan on bringing him in round 9, after his bye they've got a fairly beneficial schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back