News Players Contract

Remove this Banner Ad

The reverse of what was said there.

So Scott has achieved more than you thought and Thompson less? I have our lists pretty close together - looks like we will end up that way.

Even though you have a proven premiership coach I am still not convinced that coaches are as important as some make them out to be.

Hird has achieved no more than Knights but Hird is the saviour and Knights terrible?? If anything that belongs on your deluded board.....

So Scott has achieved more than you thought and Thompson less? I have our lists pretty close together - looks like we will end up that way.

Even though you have a proven premiership coach I am still not convinced that coaches are as important as some make them out to be.

Hird has achieved no more than Knights but Hird is the saviour and Knights terrible?? If anything that belongs on your deluded board.....
I overrated our list, not our coach. Right now your list is better than ours.

Compare St. Kilda under Lyon to St. Kilda now. Compare Collingwood under Malthouse to Collingwood now. Compare Port under Primus to Port under Hinkley.

Knights was a good development coach, I can freely admit that, but under him we conceded on average 111 points/game. Under Hird/Thompson we concede 92 points/game and this season we're conceding 76 points/game, which is only behind Sydney and Fremantle. But yeah, Hird isn't better than Knights, despite Knights' 37% record and Hird's 55% record

Compare St. Kilda under Lyon to St. Kilda now. Compare Collingwood under Malthouse to Collingwood now. Compare Port under Primus to Port under Hinkley.

Knights was a good development coach, I can freely admit that, but under him we conceded on average 111 points/game. Under Hird/Thompson we concede 92 points/game and this season we're conceding 76 points/game, which is only behind Sydney and Fremantle. But yeah, Hird isn't better than Knights, despite Knights' 37% record and Hird's 55% record

Come on - St.kilda was headed for a huge fall and Lyon saw the writing on the wall. Hinkley added Wingard, Wines, Polec, Monfries, Gray missed most of 2012, Lobbe has come on and their backline has strengthened.

Knights and Hird both have one finals apperance for big losses. Let alone that other crap going on.

There would not be many essendon posters on this site that would agree with you re list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd take Bomber as coach over Scott in a heartbeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back