FD2646

Premiership Player
Sep 11, 2008
Everywhere, anywhere
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth
Similar to the Brisbane thread, what players have people heard are interested in coming to freo. Clearly players with speed or who are a genuine kpp would interest us and we seem to have cap space as well as now being established finals contenders. Additionally, our new training facilities will be the envy of other clubs within 2 years. Those factors must be balanced against the impending retirements of club champions, however our depth, particularly through the mids will keep us in top 8 contention for some time yet imo. Other factors against coming to freo may include the current demanding game style, hot weather (Travis Cloke excuse) and travel factors.

I have heard rumours of whom we may be interested in, but once again this thread is for rumours about any players possibly wanting to move to freo. Any thoughts?

Lewis Jetta has been heavily linked going home to Perth, and after his spat with the Eagles fans over the Goodes booing, you could say Freo are in the box seat to claim him if he decides to leave.

Unfortunately, despite the wce crowd issues, I have heard they remain in the box seat to capture jetta's signature.

Lewis Jetta has been heavily linked going home to Perth, and after his spat with the Eagles fans over the Goodes booing, you could say Freo are in the box seat to claim him if he decides to leave.
Didn't every team in the league boo goodes? Pre draft jetta stated it was his dream to get picked up by the eagles

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Didn't every team in the league boo goodes? Pre draft jetta stated it was his dream to get picked up by the eagles

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
I'm specifically talking about Jetta's reaction to the crowd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Travis colyer
I have also heard this, and if we couldn't get jetta I like the speed he would bring to our midfield. Having said that, I would be cautious given the wada issues and therefore I think any offer freo may make would be considered insulting by Essendon.

I've read one person's reasons why Dixon would choose Port Power, but for the life of me, why wouldn't he prefer Freo?
better team
better place to live
chance to be the number 1 forward, no question
it all points to a perfect marriage.

Black and Schulz seem to be the main ones at the mo. With Port and Schulz not agreeing on a contract and Dixon possibly joining Port, Freo would probably be the best destination for him.

I've read one person's reasons why Dixon would choose Port Power, but for the life of me, why wouldn't he prefer Freo?
better team
better place to live

I like your style!

I have also heard this, and if we couldn't get jetta I like the speed he would bring to our midfield. Having said that, I would be cautious given the wada issues and therefore I think any offer freo may make would be considered insulting by Essendon.
Hopefully for you guys you win the flag and pick 20 would be fair.
I don't see the wada thing being too big a deterrent but I may be wrong. Colyer would embellish your midfield and he is a quality individual off the field. I would hate to lose him.

Colyer is ok but we have the midfield covered for the next five years. Jetta is a more option.

We need two star key position players.

Dixon is a priority but we don't have the picks or willingness to trade out quality.

Hooker will be a free agent next year.

Schulz is an option but something tells me that he is on his last legs.

Another idea is go after Redden and use Mundy and Fyfe more forward.

Jetta is a terrific player but he is not going to make a massive difference to our side, plus we have Weller, Blakely, Langdon, Grey who may be able to get their fitness to a level where they can push into regular team selection next season. Crozier is already semi-established and can hopefully lift his game to another level next season playing a fast-running, skilled midfield/forward role, which is similar to what Jetta can do for us. Replacing D Pearce would be a possibility. If he came cheap (which he won't) then sure I would take him.

better team
better place to live
I agree, but maybe he simply prefers the the Barossa to Margaret River.

I don't want the club to invest to heavily in Dixon purely because of his fitness issues. Someone who ends being only part-time available is not what we need. Add in the value of the trade we would need to do and the salary he would demand if we need to "bid" for his services, it is not all positive for me.

Jetta is a terrific player but he is not going to make a massive difference to our side, plus we have Weller, Blakely, Langdon, Grey who may be able to get their fitness to a level where they can push into regular team selection next season. Crozier is already semi-established and can hopefully lift his game to another level next season playing a fast-running, skilled midfield/forward role, which is similar to what Jetta can do for us. Replacing D Pearce would be a possibility. If he came cheap (which he won't) then sure I would take him.

Not sure about that.
We have a lot of ball butchers and Jetta's disposal alone could make a massive difference.

I agree, but maybe he simply prefers the the Barossa to Margaret River.

I don't want the club to invest to heavily in Dixon purely because of his fitness issues. Someone who ends being only part-time available is not what we need. Add in the value of the trade we would need to do and the salary he would demand if we need to "bid" for his services, it is not all positive for me.

Agree with this. He seems to go over on that ankle in a weak breeze so not really interested.

Jack Anthony is apparently pretty keen as is Colin Sylvia.
champagne_comedy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back