Players of interest: 2015

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Gday guys, I will be covering a lot of Dreamteam/AFL Fantasy over the summer.

I will mainly be doing work on possible breakout contenders, rookies, value picks and starting squad selections.

My OP will be edited over the upcoming days and weeks with player summaries and possible delisted free agents/players moving in the PSD being of some fantasy interest.

I will start this thread off with a wrap of the most relevant players to move in the Free Agency/Trade Period. My motives to recommend these players are, the injury replacement types, premium locks, upgrade targets, rookie priced selections, bench cover, PODs, AFL Fantasy potential quick cash grab types and players who have potential in gaining DPP over the season in AFL Fantasy.

Some players who have been traded have not been included due to seemingly being irrelevant fantasy types in previous years, or might not yet be up to it, or are just serial burners (sorry North fans :D).

Adelaide: Luke Lowden
Brisbane: Dayne Beams and Allen Christensen
Collingwood: Levi Greenwood and Jack Crisp
Essendon: Jonathan Giles and Adam Cooney
Geelong: Mitch Clark
Gold Coast: Nick Malceski and Mitch Hallahan
GWS: Ryan Griffen
Hawthorn: James Frawley and Jono O'Rourke
Melbourne: Jeff Garlett
North Melbourne: Shaun Higgins
Port Adelaide: Paddy Ryder
Western Bulldogs: Shane Biggs

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
My initial thoughts on the traded players are: Beams, Christensen (if fwd status), Greenwood, Clark, Malceski, Griffen and Garlett are all potential starting squad types for various reasons. Clark and Garlett seem the obvious fwd cash cows and Griffen is an underpriced premo.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
One would think Petracca and Brayshaw would play early for Melbourne next year, they will be expensive rookies though and will be mid-pricers in AFLF if a similar pricing process happens etc 250k mark. Should both be 180-190k in RDT though.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Blaine Boekhorst for Carlton is a mature ager at 21yo, depending on his preseason he could be a cash cow contender.

Caleb Daniel could be a Lewis Taylor type for the Dogs if he is able to impress early. Small and skinny though, he could be a year or two away if he is upto AFL demands.

I really like Liam Duggan and Corey Ellis also, they could be on the watchlist

Aug 14, 2009
Port Kennedy
AFL Club
West Coast
Laverde dropping so low and then going to the Bombers who have had compromised drafts for a few years could make him a cheaper cash cow over the top rookies who are getting more expensive now. Duggan could be nice but WCE don't give lots of playing time early to rookies.

Theres always a few players who become relevant through positional changes but Griffen should be underpriced. Also Jack could be a good buy this year.

Laverde dropping so low and then going to the Bombers who have had compromised drafts for a few years could make him a cheaper cash cow over the top rookies who are getting more expensive now. Duggan could be nice but WCE don't give lots of playing time early to rookies.

Theres always a few players who become relevant through positional changes but Griffen should be underpriced. Also Jack could be a good buy this year.

Which jack?
Kieran or
Stevens

Apr 1, 2008
NASA
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg
Apr 18, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
DANE Swan might have a few regrets about a 'putrid' 2014 season, but his time spent resting up forward could reap a bonanza for NAB AFL Fantasy coaches next year.

Swan has become a dual-position player for the 2015 Fantasy season, moving to MID/FWD after a storied Fantasy career spent purely as a midfielder.

Click here to have your say with AFL Fantasy Pulse

Based on Champion Data's heat maps, the upcoming release of prices and positions for all AFL players contains some surprises and the prospect of a few bargains to tempt ambitious coaches.

Notable premium players Brendon Goddard (now MID/FWD) and Brett Deledio (MID/FWD) are likely to feature in plenty of Fantasy squads next year as they become dual-position options.

Other traditionally strong Fantasy scorers gaining a position next year include bullocking Roo Jack Ziebell (MID/FWD after a useful 18 goals in 2014), new Lion Allen Christensen (MID/FWD) and 2008 Brownlow medallist Adam Cooney (MID/FWD).

Player prices are coming. Starting this Monday with the Saints, we exclusively reveal the price and position of every player in NAB AFL Fantasy for 2015 in a series of club-by-club specials.
Fantasy price release schedule on AFL.com.au15 December: St Kilda
17 December: Melbourne
19 December: Greater Western Sydney
21 December: Brisbane Lions
23 December: Western Bulldogd
26 December: Carlton
28 December: Gold Coast
30 December: Adelaide
2 January: Adelaide
3 January: West Coast
5 January: Richmond
7 January: Essendon
9 January: North Melbourne
11 January: Port Adelaide
13 January: Fremantle
15 January: Geelong
17 January: Sydney Swans
19 January: Hawthorn

- See more at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-12-12/fantasy-positions-revealed#sthash.wecbUZu0.dpuf

Looks like some interesting changes.

Pearce Hanley, Sam Mitchell and Luke Parker have all lost #AFLFantasy DPP. They will be MID only in 2015

Bit sad to lose these guys but probably fair calls.

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
My preseason watch will be over;

Adelaide: Rory Sloan, Brodie Smith, Van Berlo, Grigg
Brisbane: Allen Christensen, Rich, Trengove
Carlton: Tutt, Menzell, Whiley, Jacksh
Collingwood: Nathan Freeman, Karneziris
Essendon: Dyson Heppel, Zarharakis, Adam Cooney, Shaun Edwards
Fremantle: Fyfe, Morabito, Walters, Weller, Tabener
Geelong: Mitch Clark, Smedts
Gold Coast: Nick Malceski! GAJ, Harley Bennell, Glenn
GWS: Ryan Griffen, Tomlinson, Kelly
Hawthorn: Jarryd Roughead, Brad Hill, Jono O'Rourke, Andersen
Melbourne: Ben Newton, Hogan, Patracca, Brayshaw, Salem, Viney, Mitchie
North Melbourne:
Port Adelaide: Westhoff, Boak, Wingard, Amon
Richmond: Martin, McDonough, Drummond
St. Kilda: Membry, Weller, Billings, Longer
Sydney: Kennedy, Parker, Franklin, Mitchell, Heeney
West Coast:
Western Bulldogs: Shane Biggs, Hrovat

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
From a purely Dogs perspective (both current and former):

Watch Cooney's output in pre-season - see if he will run both ways. If not, then avoid. We've heard the Cooney's knee is X% better than in previous years for a few years now, but it doesn't always translate to him actually working hard on the field. If he's only running one way, he's not capable of doing the workload needed.

There have been rumours that Griffen's back has continued to worsen, so watch him closely in the pre-season.

Watch M Boyd's role in the pre-season - if back permanently in the middle, his numbers could stay high. If not, and the younger brigade gets a go in the middle - then avoid.

Stringer, Bontempelli, Hunter and Hrovat are names to consider. Think Stringer was second for goals in the last 8 or 9 games last season - so if he gets through another preseason he could be a good option. Also look at how we structure off the HBF. There are positions available for the likes of JJ, Biggs, Hunter, Darley etc...

Watch Cooney's output in pre-season - see if he will run both ways. If not, then avoid. We've heard the Cooney's knee is X% better than in previous years for a few years now, but it doesn't always translate to him actually working hard on the field. If he's only running one way, he's not capable of doing the workload needed.

There have been rumours that Griffen's back has continued to worsen, so watch him closely in the pre-season.

Watch M Boyd's role in the pre-season - if back permanently in the middle, his numbers could stay high. If not, and the younger brigade gets a go in the middle - then avoid.

Stringer, Bontempelli, Hunter and Hrovat are names to consider. Think Stringer was second for goals in the last 8 or 9 games last season - so if he gets through another preseason he could be a good option. Also look at how we structure off the HBF. There are positions available for the likes of JJ, Biggs, Hunter, Darley etc...

Brett goodes???

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Nope, will be priced as pick 18 or whatever he was
Goddard was 236k at Pick 21, Heeney will be 245-250 then?

303K for McCartin WTF is AFL Fantasy's draft motto?
RDT all the way with the rookies (hopefully, don't change Virtual Sports lol)

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams

Cooney is a mid-forward now, will definitely have a top 10 forward average if he is managed well and plays say 18-20 games, could be a solid POD will wait and see his pre season form.

Griffen and St Kilda's Jack Steven will be similarly priced in 2015 in both games around 480-490k, both should be on the watchlist imo, could help midfield structure. However if Griffen's back is stuffed then pass.

Boyd's calves worry me, he started off last season well and I jumped on him as one of my 1st upgrades but he burnt me out a month later and had to get rid of him. Libba doesn't miss many games, hasn't missed a game since he had that club imposed ban put on him, if he can consistently break a tag then he will average 105 year in year out instead of 97-98 like the last 2 years.

Bontempelli will be a dominant supercoacher like Fyfe, if he has mid-fwd status then look out for him but I'm not keen. Stringer won't be fantasy relevant imo until he gets more of the ball, some of his 4-5 goal hauls from last year were only getting him scores of 60s and 70s, no from me. Hrovat is more likely than Hunter to breakout if one of them do next year etc avg 80+, if Hrovat is a fwd-mid I will definitely consider. Biggs could be an option as he should be cheaper than JJ and Darley.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Reading the article by DT Talk on the Saints, only Steven and Acres I'm keen on. Montagna will get tagged probably and Dunstan is a bit raw at this stage but he definitely will be one for the future.

TBH Acres is a lock, hopefully he is sub 200k in RDT also.

Reading the article by DT Talk on the Saints, only Steven and Acres I'm keen on. Montagna will get tagged probably and Dunstan is a bit raw at this stage but he definitely will be one for the future.

How will acres be sub 200k?
He plsyed 3 games ladt season or 2 and scored well iirc

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
How will acres be sub 200k?
He plsyed 3 games ladt season or 2 and scored well iirc
DT Talk have him at 166k in Fantasy

Only averaged 37 and he got injured in his last game like running straight onto the field after he was a sub if i can recall, scored 51, 58 and 2.

Scored better in SC, got a 90 1 game I think.

Last edited:

T.Membrey is a lock for me.

Lonie & Saad I am going to look over the pre-season (I think Lonie will be a mid season upgrade target).

Jack Newnes is an interesting one for me. He is quite expensive, but will be a good POD and the lack of defenders this year.

T.Membrey is a lock for me.

Lonie & Saad I am going to look over the pre-season (I think Lonie will be a mid season upgrade target).

Jack Newnes is an interesting one for me. He is quite expensive, but will be a good POD and the lack of defenders this year.

Isnt Saad a rookie

Back