Players of interest: 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

What's everyones thoughts about Michael Barlow? For me he is a gun, evidenced by his score not going under 80 once in 2014 but he has burnt me too many times in the last 2 years costing valuable trades at crucial times (I'm a RDTer), his durability is a big worry. When he's up against Ablett who has had some durability issues also, I'd say you carry Ablett through little one-two week lay-offs due to increased output.

Who are your lock in midfield guns at seasons start? I'm looking at starting with Ablett, Pendles and Jelwood.

What's everyones thoughts about Michael Barlow? For me he is a gun, evidenced by his score not going under 80 once in 2014 but he has burnt me too many times in the last 2 years costing valuable trades at crucial times (I'm a RDTer), his durability is a big worry. When he's up against Ablett who has had some durability issues also, I'd say you carry Ablett through little one-two week lay-offs due to increased output.

Who are your lock in midfield guns at seasons start? I'm looking at starting with Ablett, Pendles and Jelwood.

Why is Barlow's durability "a big worry"?

He's missed 6 games in 3 years.

Apart from a freakish leg break, Barlow has had one injury in his career.
If you want a midfielder in that price range, just take your pick from Pendles, Barlow, Jelwood, Priddis, Lewis, Sloane, Heppell and Kennedy. Lots of great options. Just avoid Stevie J and you can hardly go wrong imo.

Why is Barlow's durability "a big worry"?

He's missed 6 games in 3 years.
Gets injured at times when you don't need them, broke his cheekbone/jaw in 2013 and missed 2 and hurt his knee early last year and missed 4 (was picked in initial starting team, never again since).

Gets injured at times when you don't need them, broke his cheekbone/jaw in 2013 and missed 2 and hurt his knee early last year and missed 4 (was picked in initial starting team, never again since).

That still falls a long way short of his durability being "a big worry".

Justify it any way you like, at the end of the day he's missed just 6 games in 3 years.....at an average of 2 games missed per year.

You won't find too many players more durable than that.

As for the timing of those injuries, considering they are completely unrelated to each other...I reckon you can very safely write that off as a coincidence. Should have no bearing whatsoever on whether or not you pick him.

Top Fifty Players Based On AFL Fantasy Price.

1- Tom Rockliff m
2- Gary Ablett jnr m
3- Stefan Martin r
4- Michael Barlow m
5- Jordan Lewis m
6- Scott Pendlebury m
7- Steve Johnson m
8- Steele Sidebottom m
9- Matt Priddis m
10- Dayne Beams m
11- Dyson Heppell m
12- Joel Selwood m