Resource Players Out of Contract 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

#1 targets given our war chest;
-Jaeger. Will be chased hard. Money will be spectacular
-Prestia. As per Jaeger
-Mitchell. Aint gonna leave, but he would be good.
-Gunston. No chance he lives, but until he re-signs, throw stupid $ at him
-Lynch. Cant see him leaving, but should be targeted given our lack of tall forwards
-Day. Move on to Day as a strong tall target.
-Jenkins. Silly move to let him go. Not sure we can land him back though
-Tippett. Remember how strong he was at adelaide and just hasn't clicked at the swans. Much want.
-Crouch. risky move, but skilful kid. Crows won't lose him.

Would also consider:
Tom Lamb for Colyer if he wants to head home
:eek:

Why would a team trade for them when they can get them as a FA? Seriously, do you know how stupid that sounds?

'Hey Essendon, we can get Hurley without losing a pick, but we want to help you out and give you our 2016/2017 first rounders'. Put the shoe on the other foot. No one is going to trade when they can get them for free.

Essendon should get compo picks for the players they lose.
Depends what sort of bidding war develops for the players and how the player feels about the bombers.
Carlisle wanted to do right by the bombers but would have gone for less until his Essendon lacky manager gave his hotel room number to Clarkson so he could fly over and talk to him.
The whole point of him being on holiday was so he was out of contact during the negotiations to avoid that sort of crap.
Fair enough the bombers getting the best deal they can but it was pretty low on his manager part who was motivated not by getting the best deal for his client but by his support for the bombers as the Hawks were still offering a far lower total contract.
Carlisle's manager represents many other Bombers so I wouldn't be surprised if the same crap happens this year.
The bombers have had significantly less trades then any other club and that has resulted in a lack of success since the salary cap was enforced because they actively try to burn clubs in trades.
The delay in the Carlisle deal when they realised Sydney had to move Bird on for cap space is just another example

Depends what sort of bidding war develops for the players and how the player feels about the bombers.
Carlisle wanted to do right by the bombers but would have gone for less until his Essendon lacky manager gave his hotel room number to Clarkson so he could fly over and talk to him.
The whole point of him being on holiday was so he was out of contact during the negotiations to avoid that sort of crap.
Fair enough the bombers getting the best deal they can but it was pretty low on his manager part who was motivated not by getting the best deal for his client but by his support for the bombers as the Hawks were still offering a far lower total contract.
Carlisle's manager represents many other Bombers so I wouldn't be surprised if the same crap happens this year.
The bombers have had significantly less trades then any other club and that has resulted in a lack of success since the salary cap was enforced because they actively try to burn clubs in trades.
The delay in the Carlisle deal when they realised Sydney had to move Bird on for cap space is just another example
Poor St. Kilda because big bad Essendon dared negotiate with a club Carlisle was open to going to.

If Ameet Baines hadn't sat on his arse and twiddled his thumbs the deal would have been done much more quickly and St. Kilda wouldn't have come out with egg on their faces.

Poor St. Kilda because big bad Essendon dared negotiate with a club Carlisle was open to going to.

If Ameet Baines hadn't sat on his arse and twiddled his thumbs the deal would have been done much more quickly and St. Kilda wouldn't have come out with egg on their faces.
What alternative trade could the Saints have achieved to the one that was done. Biĺlings for Carlisle, a straight swap with pick 5 cause they were the only offers Dodoro said he would entertain.
I was also pointing out your team will probably get good trades for any players who leave because there will probably be a few clubs after them.
Carlisle was only intrested in money refused meetings with clubs that couldn't match the Saints offer, his manager did not act in his clients interest but in the club he has close ties too.
Carlisle's manager acted in a dodgy way throughout the whole saga if you can't admit that then you can just go #standbyhird

What alternative trade could the Saints have achieved to the one that was done. Biĺlings for Carlisle, a straight swap with pick 5 cause they were the only offers Dodoro said he would entertain.
I was also pointing out your team will probably get good trades for any players who leave because there will probably be a few clubs after them.
Carlisle was only intrested in money refused meetings with clubs that couldn't match the Saints offer, his manager did not act in his clients interest but in the club he has close ties too.
Carlisle's manager acted in a dodgy way throughout the whole saga if you can't admit that then you can just go #standbyhird
What? Dodoro asked about Billings, Baines said no. He then said pick 5 will need to be part of the deal, which Baines refused to entertain until Hawthorn entered the picture because St. Kilda were acting like amateurs.

Carlisle also was open to a move to Hawthorn if St. Kilda didn't produce a good deal. Carlisle's manager did the right thing by him through listening to a club that was willing to get a deal done without screwing over the opposing club.

If you seriously think that you're delusional.

I also still find it funny that all Essendon supporters must be pro-Hird. I haven't been since the end of 2013.

What? Dodoro asked about Billings, Baines said no. He then said pick 5 will need to be part of the deal, which Baines refused to entertain until Hawthorn entered the picture because St. Kilda were acting like amateurs.

Carlisle also was open to a move to Hawthorn if St. Kilda didn't produce a good deal. Carlisle's manager did the right thing by him through listening to a club that was willing to get a deal done without screwing over the opposing club.

I also still find it funny that all Essendon supporters must be pro-Hird. I haven't been since the end of 2013.
Baines actually said that Pick 5 wouldn't be a straight swap for Carlisle, which it wasn't. Hardly egg on our faces I would've thought, now take you pro hird ass back to school and learn how to read.

Glad to hear it i thought the Bombers were very close til all the drama happened
But you still failed to mention any alternative trades to the one that was done.
When the Saints looked to trade pick 5 for 2 1st rounders Dodoro rejected that and any 3 party trade.
I think you characterise Baines unfairly he was just willing to walk if he couldn't get an acceptable deal and instead try to trade pick 5 and 24 for 2 1st round picks and draft a tall with one.
Which until Carlisle comes back next year looks like it would of been the better option.
Saints stated before the trade period that they didn't see much difference between 5 and 15 code for after Parish all mids have weaknesses and were open to a trade that kept them in the first round.
The Sydney deal only happened after Carlisle realised the Hawks offer was significantly less money and his manager made the statement that he still wanted to go to Stkilda.
Before that point Dodoro stated he didn't want a deal even for 5 and was happier with 15 and 17 probably for the same reason. Dodoro then accepted the a 3 way deal with Sydney when the Hawks deal wasn't an option but held it up when he realised Sydney had to off load Bird and he could get him for free.

Would love to raid some collingwood players. Alas, all i see are duds here.

Brent Macaffer (UFA), Dane Swan (UFA), Alan Toovey (UFA), Nathan Brown (UFA), Steele Sidebottom (RFA), Jarryd Blair (UFA), Alex Fasolo, Taylor Adams, Jarrod Witts, Lachlan Keefe, Josh Thomas, Jack Crisp, Marley Williams, Tim Broomhead, Matthew Goodyear, Adam Oxley, Corey Gault, Jack Frost, Mason Cox

Most on that list would be walk up stars at Brisbane and some would be you best and most important players.
Collingwood actually had the best list (unfortunaely) of uncntracted players.

Macaffer,
Swan,
Toovey,
Brown,
Sidebottom,
Fasolo,
Adams,
Witts,
Crisp,
Williams,
Broomhead

11 of those would be walk up starts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sidebottom, Adams and Witts are probably the main names that would walk on to Brisbane's list, but then they'd do the same to any (Witts with an eye to the future, as he wouldn't walk straight into the team over Martin). Brown as well when he's healthy, and Swan should but is of an age where it's unlikely any club will make a play for him.

One of Williams and Toovey would probably get in as our small defender role is unproven (Cutler, Dawson, McGrath) or solidly average (Harwood), Crisp would be borderline (our midfield is by far our deepest spot), Fasolo is a bit underwhelming, Macaffer is getting to the bottom of the barrel and no real comment on Broomhead - he hasn't played enough of the Pie games I watched last year.

So four and a half that I reckon Brisbane would consider best 22, and a fifth that would be worth recruiting.

Doubt any of it would happen, but here's to attempting to resurrect a decent conversation from a bite on a blatant troll. :D

To update the OP - Tippett is contracted with the Swans until the end of the 2017 season. Our thread has been updated to reflect this as we had been going on information before he was charged by the AFL Commission

Sidebottom, Adams and Witts are probably the main names that would walk on to Brisbane's list, but then they'd do the same to any (Witts with an eye to the future, as he wouldn't walk straight into the team over Martin). Brown as well when he's healthy, and Swan should but is of an age where it's unlikely any club will make a play for him.

One of Williams and Toovey would probably get in as our small defender role is unproven (Cutler, Dawson, McGrath) or solidly average (Harwood), Crisp would be borderline (our midfield is by far our deepest spot), Fasolo is a bit underwhelming, Macaffer is getting to the bottom of the barrel and no real comment on Broomhead - he hasn't played enough of the Pie games I watched last year.

So four and a half that I reckon Brisbane would consider best 22, and a fifth that would be worth recruiting.

Doubt any of it would happen, but here's to attempting to resurrect a decent conversation from a bite on a blatant troll. :D
Apparently Sidebottom is ready to sign.

Can't see Adams wanting to move interstate after GWS

Crisp is untouchable

Witts refused a trade last season and anyway it's not yet settled that Grundy is our no 1. Actually what will happen with our rucks next year will be very interesting. Mason Cox looked very good towards the end of last season and if he plays senior footy in 2016 we'll probably be looking to offload one of them.

Toovey and Macaffer have no value.

Brown is interesting. He was one of our best last season however in 2017 we will have Keefe, Frost, Reid, Marsh who are all capable. If we have to get rid of one of them, it could be Brown. Reid is too valuable. Keefe and Frost worth nothing. Marsh too promising. Brown has trade value and wouldn't leave a hole in our list. Probably won't get rid of just because of the whole premiership player thing though.

The real value are Fasolo and Broomhead imo. Fasolo has been underwhelming but does have ability and in a good side could be very handy.If he has a dud season you will get him for nothing. Broomhead is injury prone but when fit he is easily best 22 imo and one of the classier players on our list (which doesn't say much imo). Likewise if he has a dud season you could get him for nothing.

Williams would be a great get but I think he'd be close to an untouchable on our list.

Last edited:
Witts refused a trade last season and anyway it's not yet settled that Grundy is our no 1. Actually what will happen with our rucks next year will be very interesting. Mason Cox looked very good towards the end of last season and if he plays senior footy in 2016 we'll probably be looking to offload one of them.
Interesting from a Bulldogs point of view.
Minson is out of contract and is likely to walk (Bevo doesn't rate him), Roughy not durable enough, Tom Campbell hasn't nailed down the no 1 ruck spot by a long margin, and there endeth our ruck stocks save for an 18 year old rookie who is still learning to kick the ball but can run well.

Given we offered pick 11 for Lobbe last trade period I'm assuming we'll be in the hunt for a ruckman in the upcoming trade period.

Interesting from a Bulldogs point of view.
Minson is out of contract and is likely to walk (Bevo doesn't rate him), Roughy not durable enough, Tom Campbell hasn't nailed down the no 1 ruck spot by a long margin, and there endeth our ruck stocks save for an 18 year old rookie who is still learning to kick the ball but can run well.

Given we offered pick 11 for Lobbe last trade period I'm assuming we'll be in the hunt for a ruckman in the upcoming trade period.
Witts would be a great get imo. He's taken a long time to develop but he's a huge man and perhaps has a greater ceiling than Grundy despite being a little bit older. If he can't get into the 22 next season then he'll be looking to move and given where the dogs are at, if they wanted him they'd probably be in poll position.

Witts would be a great get imo. He's taken a long time to develop but he's a huge man and perhaps has a greater ceiling than Grundy despite being a little bit older. If he can't get into the 22 next season then he'll be looking to move and given where the dogs are at, if they wanted him they'd probably be in poll position.
Definitely will be in consideration but Bevo seems to like smaller ruckmen who cover the ground well and make good position rather than big types who dominate at the stoppages - we chased Stefan Martin pretty hard last trade period too.

How is Witts around the ground and does he make good position in transition and when the opposition have the ball? Two prime considerations for our current list management. Haven't seen too much of him to be honest but I know a lot of football watchers rate him highly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back