Opinion Players Under Pressure In 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Kreuzer is certainly worth trading and will come under evaluation.
If injuries settle, he plays some good footy hopefully and if the
big offers come his way again at the end of the year let him walk as a free agent. The compensation should a top ten pick.
Ciao

If we think about a rebuild, lets look at the most recent one... St.Kilda

They let go [via FA] /traded

Goddard, Cripps, McEvoy. Dal Santo, Stanley ... That is the full extent of players they lost to rebuild....5

This resulted in
2012 - Hickey, Lee, Dennis Lane, [ND - 24,25,40,43]
2013 - Savage, Delaney, Longer, Bruce [ND - 3,18,19]
2014 - ND 1 21 22 41

If they win 7-8 games this year and lure in some talent... then they are good to go for the next 8 years

We need to make some tough calls on players who have been great, but may get us a 1st Rd pick or younger talent

Then there's the Collingwood rebuild. Only 9 players remain from their 2010 premiership. Half a dozen players plus Carlton's own Malthouse (plus Cam Wood) are at other clubs.

Hate Nathan and all but their squad ain't too shabby with Adams, Broomhead, Crisp, De Goey, Greenwood, Kennedy, Scharenberg, Varcoe,

Then there's the Collingwood rebuild. Only 9 players remain from their 2010 premiership. Half a dozen players plus Carlton's own Malthouse (plus Cam Wood) are at other clubs.

Hate Nathan and all but their squad ain't too shabby with Adams, Broomhead, Crisp, De Goey, Greenwood, Kennedy, Scharenberg, Varcoe,

Yeah, thats true... but from 2011 onwards they have only traded 8 players out of there list
Delistings are a normal part of turn over

So Pies have only traded/let go of via FA...
Wellingham(go home), Dawes, TomYoung, Thomas, Shaw, Paine, Lumumba and Beams

Judd and Simmo under pressure from father time. Still our two best players IMO. Hope they go around in 2016 or Carlton are under even more pressure in 2016.

So Pies have only traded/let go of via FA...
Wellingham(go home), Dawes, TomYoung, Thomas, Shaw, Paine, Lumumba and Beams

6 premiership players out = 4 additional top 20 picks plus former top 20 selections in Adams and Varcoe.

Meanwhile, we have nothing to show for ex-pats Jacobs, Grigg, Waite. Robinson, Lucas while the Betts/Thomas 'trade' benefited Adelaide and Collingwood more than us.

Time will tell but I guarantee the Pies will bottom out and rebound far quicker than us. :(

If we think about a rebuild, lets look at the most recent one... St.Kilda

They let go [via FA] /traded

Goddard, Cripps, McEvoy. Dal Santo, Stanley ... That is the full extent of players they lost to rebuild....5

This resulted in
2012 - Hickey, Lee, Dennis Lane, [ND - 24,25,40,43]
2013 - Savage, Delaney, Longer, Bruce [ND - 3,18,19]
2014 - ND 1 21 22 41

If they win 7-8 games this year and lure in some talent... then they are good to go for the next 8 years

We need to make some tough calls on players who have been great, but may get us a 1st Rd pick or younger talent
Well hang on, how many of them are going to be good?

We get pumped today which senior players are under pressure?
We lost by 10 goals and only Smith and Tutt got dropped so lets look at options.

Judd and Simmo won't get dropped try hard every game
Murphy is captain can't drop him
Gibbs is senior midfielder can't drop him
Jamieson is only full back can't drop him
Walker just back in team can't drop him

Yarran, Carrazzo, Curnow, Touhy, Henderson, Everitt appear most under pressure but are these guys likely to be dropped or will we just drop Cripps and think ok problem solved this week.
Talk about not handing out games to young players same should apply to any player regardless of age. For example I reckon Curnow tag against Priddis last week was below par if he has another below par performance he should be dropped just because he is experienced dont mean nothing

We need to start making the hard calls. If Malthouse is fair dinkum about picking the best side each week then every player in the side has to be chosen on merit. If a player doesn't play well enough to keep their spot in the side, regardless of who it is, then they should be in the firing line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO anyone born in the 80's should be up for trade. Eg walker, murphy, Gibbs, warnock, Rowe, Henderson, armfield, curnow, Thomas, tuohy, Jamison, white and Ellard. (I'm not saying we should trade them all maybe 2-4)

Ellard, armfield and Warnock to be delisted if not traded. Carrazzo should retire. I would keep judd and Simpson if they don't retire.

I'm 50/50 on kreuzer I don't think he has enough value to trade.

We need to trade in some young ready to go player like trade Gibbs to adelaide for m.crouch and lever

Have to say I'm tired of the whole "trade any player we have who can kick without drooling" comments. We need the class players to give us some short-term success, otherwise the developing players will only learn what it's like to be in a side that knows how to lose week after week.

Judd does more for us by example and by showing younger/new players how the game is played by true champions than he does on the scoreboard. And we need Yarran, Walker, Murphy and (even) Gibbs to do the same as they age. Simmo may be old, but his endeavour, heart, guts, skill and commitment are second to no-one in the entire league.That attitude rubs off.

Trading our current talent for unknowns will set us back by years. Now that's ok IF we are guaranteed the new draftees are sure fire winners. But we need to be a consistent middle side before we can be a better side. All the "let's have a fire-sale and go back to square one" talk, year after bloody year is a waste of time. Yes we need more talent, but gutting the talent we have for unknowns is a wild gamble at best. And in the meantime you could end up with a club culture like Melbourne. Doomed to the bottom for decades.

The same applies to the 'Sack Malthouse' chorus. He's got the experience and skills to lift this side off the bottom. And he's a vast improvement over the Ratts and Pagan years. If there's a better choice at the end of the year, good. But slagging off the man now achieves nothing.

.. Woops, crazy old man ranting attack over..

IMO anyone born in the 80's should be up for trade. Eg walker, murphy, Gibbs, warnock, Rowe, Henderson, armfield, curnow, Thomas, tuohy, Jamison, white and Ellard. (I'm not saying we should trade them all maybe 2-4)

Ellard, armfield and Warnock to be delisted if not traded. Carrazzo should retire. I would keep judd and Simpson if they don't retire.

I'm 50/50 on kreuzer I don't think he has enough value to trade.

We need to trade in some young ready to go player like trade Gibbs to adelaide for m.crouch and lever
Don't mind that trade, got to have some balls and imagination.

If Adelaide lose Dangerfield certainly would increase there desire for Gibbs.

Is Dangerfield a free agent?

Hi guys. Not sure where to post this but do you think the club would be interested in trading reid for yarran.

Reid has stagnated since tippett and buddy arrived. Showed alot when we won a premiership with him as our focal point.

Hi guys. Not sure where to post this but do you think the club would be interested in trading reid for yarran.

Reid has stagnated since tippett and buddy arrived. Showed alot when we won a premiership with him as our focal point.
Looked very lost in last year's GF. That said, your backline will struggle if Richards retires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back