Universal Love Playing Essendon twice in 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 26, 2007
Queensland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hull City
There's only 5 clubs of 17 that get to play the Bombers twice, and those clubs are Gold Coast, Geelong, Carlton, St. Kilda, and US!!!!!

Considering that basically none of these teams are really competitors for us in regards to playing finals (with the exception of possibly Geelong), the Tigers now have a serious leg up on some of our rivals.

The Bombers were deplorable after WADA declared they were appealing, and even when they played us, despite us turning in one of our worst performances of the season against them late in the season, we still beat them by 4 or 5 goals.

Surely we can notch 2 wins in the book now against this mob. :thumbsu:

I've spent the morning watching some of Essendon's 2012 matches, especially the ones with Channel 7 commentary team going on and on about "The Weapon" and Essendon's elite program recently put in place.

Yeah, on reflection, was definitely "Weapons" at the Bombers... Weapons of Mass Destruction! :cool:

I've spent the morning watching some of Essendon's 2012 matches, especially the ones with Channel 7 commentary team going on and on about "The Weapon" and Essendon's elite program recently put in place.

Yeah, on reflection, was definitely "Weapons" at the Bombers... Weapons of Mass Destruction! :cool:

Weapon of mass self destruction.

Sent from my brain using ESP.

What gets me is the AFL allowing them to have top up players.

Every other club has a maximum number of players to choose from....... Noooooo not the drug cheats.

You do the crime, do the time. They should be shut down.

What gets me is the AFL allowing them to have top up players.

Every other club has a maximum number of players to choose from....... Noooooo not the drug cheats.

You do the crime, do the time. They should be shut down.

Let them have the state league guys no one wanted in 2015. That way they'll play AFL, but suck. Hopefully we can annihilate them twice. Extra % and extra points. Just don't take them easy, Go out the destroy them!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, our 2010 team would probably be able to beat the Essendon team that will lineup in 2016.

Seriously, not even Richmond can **** this one up... :$

could they be called the worst team since Fitzroy?

could they be called the worst team since Fitzroy?

I can't see them being far off that, to be completely honest.

And look what happened in our last game with Fitzroy in 1996, beat them by 151 points in a year where we didn't play finals.

Not saying we'll beat Essendon by 150 points both times this year, but seriously, even if we're underperforming in 2016, we'll still be a 7th-10th side, and a 7th-10th side will still destroy Essendon, who will barely be a VFL quality side.

Essendon will beat them. Might put money on it now.
FB: Gwilt - Hartley - Baguley
HB: Gleeson - Brown - Goddard
C: J.Merrett - Bird - Fantasia
HF:Laverde - Mckernan - Zaharakis
FP: Cooney - Daniher - Edwards
R: Luenberger - Merrett - Langford
IC: Dempsey - Parish - Hams - Morgan

An Essendon poster posted this as a suggestion for Essendon's best 22.

I can see this side beating Carlton

Essendon won 6 out of 22 games WITH their 12 drug cheats on the field.

Without them... well it's anybody's guess, but you'd think winning more than half that amount of games is going to be tough, which puts them 4 wins at a best case scenario for mine, and worst case between 0-2 wins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back