Analysis Playing for their careers

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty simple. Who do you reckon needs to step up on the park, or otherwise they'll be facing a delisting/trade by the end of the season?

For me, it's:

- Dwyer
- Blair
- White
- Young
- Ramsay
- Oxley
- Sinclair
- Armstrong (if promoted)
- Gault (if promoted)

Last edited:

No Sinclair on that list?
Yep, must've missed him but hes definitely up there.

J Thomas.

Isn't Blair on a long term deal now?
I think Josh Thomas has shown enough upside, that if he provides an average performance they'll stick with him next season.

I have always been a big fan of Blair, but considering we've drafted so many great kids with a lot of upside, I seriously can't see him warranting a spot on the list.

Yep, must've missed him but hes definitely up there.

I think Josh Thomas has shown enough upside, that if he provides an average performance they'll stick with him next season.

I have always been a big fan of Blair, but considering we've drafted so many great kids with a lot of upside, I seriously can't see him warranting a spot on the list.

I agree with you on Blair, but I thought we just extended him for two years, so I doubt he's under threat internally whatever we may think.

I think what jmac70 is trying to say is that if the players adopt the right frame of mind, they'd always play every game as if their career depended on it. I agree with that.

The reality is that some will be cut more slack due to past achievements (Swan) or youth and potential (Fasolo). Up to half the list would be aware that if they don't perform this year, they're out the door. You don't choose to play AFL for the job security. :)

Add these 3

Fasolo
Sinclair
PK
I think Fasolo has far too much potential for them to even consider delisting him. For sure another club would pick him up, and it would be a steal.

As for PK, thought about it, but given he was injured last season, I think he'd have at least 2 seasons to prove his worth.

Blair isn't playing for his career. If he was, he would have been dropped last year. They rate him internally.
With the recruiment of Crisp and Greenwood, the return of Freeman and Fasolo and the drafting of De Goey, can't really see him cracking the midfield OR the flanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

J Thomas.

I'm not so sure about JT... I mean, he had a great finish to 2013 but was disappointing last year except for the GWS game. If injuries stay away from him we can see some serious improvement.

I'm not so sure about JT... I mean, he had a great finish to 2013 but was disappointing last year except for the GWS game. If injuries stay away from him we can see some serious improvement.

All of which is true, but not I thought the question I was answering, which is who is playing for their careers this season. I think JT could have a good year too, but I think he *needs* to to stay on the list.

Pretty simple. Who do you reckon needs to step up on the park, or otherwise they'll be facing a delisting/trade by the end of the season?

For me, it's:

- Dwyer
- Blair
- White
- Young
- Ramsay
- Oxley
- Sinclair
- Armstrong (if promoted)
- Gault (if promoted)

Wouldn't be surprised if all those players mentioned are gone in 2/3 years, White and Sinclair the best chance to play for 4-5 years

Goldsack and Kennedy not even close, both have done everything asked of them on and off field so far...
Not for me.

You and I have different opinions then - that's fine.

Kennedy, this is year three; he needs to take the step to playing good regular senior footy.

As for Goldsack, 8 possessions a game and 4-5 tackles? Need more thanks

Not for me.

You and I have different opinions then - that's fine.

Kennedy, this is year three; he needs to take the step to playing good regular senior footy.

As for Goldsack, 8 possessions a game and 4-5 tackles? Need more thanks
If Goldsack was playing for his career, he would never have made it into the leadership group

Remove this Banner Ad

Back